Starting this New Journey Today

Hey I'm Shay

When I think about going on a diet it makes me think and feel like I'm going to end up starving myself but I know that's really not the case. I recently had a baby so I'm actually looking forward to this journey to prosper. I think when you really got your mind set on something and know the actual reason for wanting to do it that's all that really matters. I hope you all keep that mind set and no matter what know that you can do it!!

Hello, @Humbledqueen20 , and welcome to the OMAD forum ! Most of us here felt the same way when we first started trying to fast and eat only one meal a day. I had tried fasting before because I belonged to a church where we had a fast day about once a month, and never was very good at doing that, so the idea of OMAD was something I didn’t think that I could do.
I ended up kind of “sneaking” my way into it, by having a late lunch and then skipping dinner, which allowed me to fast overnight. Once I was okay with doing that, then I cut my breakfast down to just having a protein drink, and then skipped that, too, which left me with just the middle of the day meal, and this has been working fine for me now that I am used to doing that.

Before I started, I was also worried that cutting down to just one meal a day would end up being too much of a challenge, but now that I've been doing this for a while I'm really glad that my initial worries didn't scare me off from at least giving it a try. I didn't even really understand it at first because I was more focused on just getting through each day, but now that I have had the chance to learn more and read more and relate them to my own experiences, looking back, I now understand that eating less actually does make you less hungry and I know that it is scary only because we don't understand that yet when we are still thinking of food intake in the traditional sense.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you're already enjoying the forum. Yes,this is the place to be if you're really keen on losing weight.Definitely, nothing is impossible with a determined heart just be determined to succeed with OMAD and you will.Losing weight is not an immediate thing because you didn:t pile them up in just a day or few weeks it must have taken you months to acquire them,so you expect same when trying to lose weight. Just follow OMAD guidelines and you would begin to see visible changes as soon as possible. Good luck and don't fail to update us on your the journey as you progresses.

There are three things that make up some success here.

Ressolve

Resolve to begin OMAD.
Resolve in your heart that you will succeed.
Resolve that all things are fine.

Work

Work towards what you resolved. Never let anything pull you down. Keep on going.

Joy

Receive the joy that comes with success. Keep on moving on.