Starting OMAD today :)

Hi all, I want to be healthy and get in shape

Im startinmg OMAD today,

Im sure this has been asked before but when is the best time to have the one meal?

Is it ok to have it in the evening? About 5-6pm is when my family all sit together to eat.

How can one cope with craving and hunger throughout the day until then?

Ive been reading through the forum, but am confused about the four hour window?

I read "to start the one meal a day diet, you are going to choose a four-hour window. This can be something in the evening from 3 PM to 7 PM"

But I read elsewhere that you really should fast for 20hours min on a daily basis to get all the advantages of increased hormones and all the other advantages?

Well I suppose yes that does allow for a four hour window, ops silly me.

Hi Silvertooth, the best time to have your meal is when it's most convenient for you.

Drinking plenty will help with hunger pangs. These diminish greatly after the first few days as your body gets used to not being fed several times a day.

23/1 OMAD

My typical eating window is going to be from 3-7. I usually like to eat my one meal a day around 5-6. Or 6-7 at the latest. If I knew I was going out to dinner with friends later in the evening, I would wait until that arranged time.

I start out with a frozen fruit smoothy, with honey and I add some protein powder, and any other supplements at this time. Also a multi vit/min and any other supplements at this time. This is the last drink of the day, no more drinks at all after the one hour window.
Then I have some homemade sauerkraut, and sprouts with any fresh fruit or simple salads and any other treats like pickled walnuts, then the main meal my wife lovingly makes for the family, the idea being that Im feeling a little full already so not to eat too much other food, and certainly not any desert or sweet things after.

Hi Silvertooth, the best time to have your meal is when it's most convenient for you.

Drinking plenty will help with hunger pangs. These diminish greatly after the first few days as your body gets used to not being fed several times a day.

Thanks Fiddler, yes Im going to be drinking a lot of pure distilled water, I have my own distiller.

I make a drink about a gallon of pure water every day.

I like the sound of eating fruit and salad before the main one meal.

"
Eating a small salad before the rest of your meal can help suppress your appetite and help you from overeating the rest of your main course.
It only takes 2 cups of veggies to send a signal to the brain that you’re getting nutrition and calories.
As mentioned earlier, it will take about 20 minutes for the brain to receive the signal from the stomach that you’re getting full.
By starting with a smaller salad, it’s a great way to get ahead of that hunger signal.
"

Hi all, I want to be healthy and get in shape

Im startinmg OMAD today,

Im sure this has been asked before but when is the best time to have the one meal?

Is it ok to have it in the evening? About 5-6pm is when my family all sit together to eat.

How can one cope with craving and hunger throughout the day until then?
Yes! I would like to try OMAD, too. I will start tomorrow 5/18. The first week will be hard. I think both of us can do it!

Yes! I would like to try OMAD, too. I will start tomorrow 5/18. The first week will be hard. I think both of us can do it!

I almost broke in the afternoon, but I kept telling myself not long now and you can eat.
Thats the secret I think, when you find it hard, just be patient.

I will eat from 5-6, so just wait until then every day.

As everybody says your body gets used to it, it will get easier.