Started 4 weeks ago then found this forum :-)

Hi,

I tried OMAD last year around this time. I had a terrible struggle, but made some head way. Then I went on vacation to the west coast. I got derailed and never got back on OMAD. 4 weeks ago I realized I'd gained 15lbs and had a blood pressure of 175 or 120. The next day I went back on OMAD. Easier this time. Just try to stay busy and it seems to help. Was 250lbs 4 weeks ago and am now 236lbs. Blood pressure is not under control with meds. Not exercising yet but plan on 1 to 2 lbs per week. My doctor wants me under 200lbs but to get there slowly.

I'm very inspired by the other posts I've read the last few days. Thank you all for sharing.

Brian

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I tried OMAD last year around this time. I had a terrible struggle, but made some head way. Then I went on vacation to the west coast. I got derailed and never got back on OMAD. 4 weeks ago I realized I'd gained 15lbs and had a blood pressure of 175 or 120. The next day I went back on OMAD. Easier this time. Just try to stay busy and it seems to help. Was 250lbs 4 weeks ago and am now 236lbs. Blood pressure is not under control with meds. Not exercising yet but plan on 1 to 2 lbs per week. My doctor wants me under 200lbs but to get there slowly.

I'm very inspired by the other posts I've read the last few days. Thank you all for sharing.

Brian

Glad to have you here Brian! I'm glad some of the posts served as an inspiration to you. I failed my first time doing Omad as well. It took a disciplined mindset to get me back on track. Keep us updated on your progress as I would love to hear your success story!

Glad to have you here Brian! I'm glad some of the posts served as an inspiration to you. I failed my first time doing Omad as well. It took a disciplined mindset to get me back on track. Keep us updated on your progress as I would love to hear your success story!
What Jimmy? YOU failed the first time trying OMAD! That is even more inspiring than if you had cruised in perfection the first time on OMAD- I guess it's like quitting smoking- if you fail the first, second...10th time, you keep trying- each time a learning experience! Thanks for sharing that.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
What Jimmy? YOU failed the first time trying OMAD! That is even more inspiring than if you had cruised in perfection the first time on OMAD- I guess it's like quitting smoking- if you fail the first, second...10th time, you keep trying- each time a learning experience! Thanks for sharing that.

I certainly did Shelly. I wasn't strong enough from a mental standpoint to sustain it. I was happy I found something that worked physically, but I was still stuck in my old mentality. It wasn't until I fixed this aspect of my life that I was successful over the long-term with omad. The depression of being overweight for such a long period of time took a toll on me and gave me the mindset of negative thinking in all areas of my life. I used to blame other people or things for my problems as to why I was overweight. That's why I always try to encourage people to never give up on their dreams of losing weight or anything else life. 99% is always mental with 1% being execution.