Star Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Fruit helps our blood circulation and was a treatment for scurvy. It has a good dose of Vitamin C, potassium, copper and pantothenic acid. It's generally taste tart and sweet, it has a high fiber and water content while low in calories.

We have a star fruit tree in our backyard and it has many fruits took a basket full earlier here's a photo...IMG_20180519_211737_495.jpg

Wow I really love that fruit and that's one of my favorite.There are lots of star fruit in my province and everytime I go home for vacation, me and my friends harvest this fruit. Its taste is combination of sour and sweet.

The star fruit is one of the fruits that I always want to enjoy as it is Rich in vitamins and minerals which you are going to find difficult getting from eating a normal type of food. Fruits, in general, are always there to make us feel better on taking them often to assist in boosting the work of our immune system.

This fruit is such a good fruit but unfortunately my taste buds just can't get used to it as it always rejects the taste of star fruit making me hesitate to eat it all the time. There's actually a lot of this fruit in my province but every time I see one, I always hesitate to try one and it makes me sad because it looks so delicious.

Starfruit isn’t very common where I live - in fact I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen it in stores here! I’ve only seen it when I’ve traveled to other countries. I guess maybe it’s just not grown here, I think it might be a climate thing!

I see this fruit alot online but unfortunately this isn't available in my locality and it isn't easy getting it else where.I have read that it quite filling which one of the feature I like about fruits.Very filling, nutritious and healthy.

Star fruit tastes very good and is also very nutritious as well, sadly it isn't always available where I'm from so I just eat the more common fruits. But whenever it's available, I always make sure to buy.

We have start fruit tree in our front yard that is planted on a rubber pot. It is very prolific that we can sometimes harvest 10 fruits in a day and the fruiting is continuous. I know that it has vitamin C and some other nutrients but the people in our home, that includes me, do not relish eating the star fruit. We often just give away the harvested fruits to our neighbors. But maybe I have to stir the awareness of my family on the benefits of the star fruit.

That's delicious, I have tasted it once I think or twice. Sadly it is not common in our place. Some household have plant's like that but not that many. I like to dip the fruit in a vinegar and hot chili (the fresh one).

Starfruit is best eaten chilled in a container with ice and water, this makes it more juicy and refreshing. Using a refrigerator would only dry it up. That's why whenever it's starfruit season which is usually at the end of summer I would fill my Coleman chest with a lot of ice and a bit of water and just fill it with starfruit and we would snack on them.

Wow it's a delicious fruit back when I was a kid and I could still remember my childhood days with me and my friends trying to get as much as many star fruits as we can up in a tree and we go home to wash it and eat it. We don't really get see these star fruit trees nowadays but I really thought that it is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C and only low in calories. I have read that this fruit is not good for people who takes prescription drugs and people with kidney problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.