Soup dishes are rich

When I was on a “no-rice” diet some years back, I would lose 1 or 2 pounds in a week. But when I had soup dish with crackers, my weight would either stagnate or even gain half a pound. When I asked around, the consensus was the broth of the soup dish is very rich and nutritious that even if it is just soup, it is heavy with nutrients. That is the reason why we seldom have soup dishes now at home because I would tell my husband that I am gaining weight because of the soup dishes that he prepares. We are now more on broiled or grilled meat or fish and vegetable dishes.

Some soups, especially creamy ones, are so high calorically - and it can be deceptive since soups are generally thought of as light, healthy meals. I've seen soups like potato and bacon soup be marketed as healthy options when in fact they are loaded with calories!

It can be a number of things and it's why I don't really depend on weight loss numbers if the change is just a small one like one or two pounds because that could be coming from anywhere. I would guess that with soup it could be coming from the sodium as when you eat salty food you retain water a lot easier and it may also be coming from the liquids you were ingesting. I think soup is good especially if it's filled with the right ingredients so in my opinion it might be better not to assume that soup itself is the culprit but check the whole scenario instead.

It makes me question whether it’s the soup that was making you gain weight or the crackers that you were eating with it. Crackers, despite appearing so thin and harmless, are actually loaded with calories. It’s really easy to go over your caloric limit per meal when you throw in crackers.

When trying to lose weight, you might want to stick to something like a simple bone broth. It’s fairly low in calories and provides plenty of extra benefits, such as that from cartilage and bone marrow.

Soups can be very rich and nutrients dense especially ones prepared outside the home and because we don't control over the ingredients used,it may contain more calories though it just soup, that's why I try to prepare my soup myself,that way I can control a bit of what get into my soups as ingredients. If one can prepare his or her soup at home so as not to sabotage ones weight loss journey,it will be a lot better.

Soups can be very rich and nutrients dense especially ones prepared outside the home and because we don't control over the ingredients used,it may contain more calories though it just soup, that's why I try to prepare my soup myself,that way I can control a bit of what get into my soups as ingredients. If one can prepare his or her soup at home so as not to sabotage ones weight loss journey,it will be a lot better.
I agree. Not only that but soup prepared at a restaurant may contain a lot more salt than you want and that may cause you to feel bloated since you retain water a lot easier. The good news is that soup at home really isn't all that difficult to prepare since you just have to put in all ingredients into one pot most of the time, basically.

I agree. Not only that but soup prepared at a restaurant may contain a lot more salt than you want and that may cause you to feel bloated since you retain water a lot easier. The good news is that soup at home really isn't all that difficult to prepare since you just have to put in all ingredients into one pot most of the time, basically.
You are right sometimes what we carry around is water weight that is caused by water retention that is gotten from taking in so much sodium and the best way to avoid this especially for us on a weight loss journey is getting our food prepared ourselves.preparing meals ourselves is a lot easy since we eat just a meal daily, preparing one single healthy meal wouldn't take so much time or energy. I have tried it now for months and I haven't had the need to eat outside the home.

True it is important to always take things like soup in moderation. If it is at a restaurant, then it ought to be one where one is used to going and properly familiarized with the all ingredients used. In such a manner you never take something you do not want. At home is always best since you can flexibly control what you use to prepare.

When I was on a “no-rice” diet some years back, I would lose 1 or 2 pounds in a week. But when I had soup dish with crackers, my weight would either stagnate or even gain half a pound. When I asked around, the consensus was the broth of the soup dish is very rich and nutritious that even if it is just soup, it is heavy with nutrients. That is the reason why we seldom have soup dishes now at home because I would tell my husband that I am gaining weight because of the soup dishes that he prepares. We are now more on broiled or grilled meat or fish and vegetable dishes.
Just like bone broth, it looks so innocent and light but it is packed with nutrients that can benefit the body. What I like about soup dishes is that it is very comforting to consume. I am aware that bone broth and soup dishes are nutritious but this is the first time that I learned you can gain weight from them. Maybe that is one reason why my weight is stagnant. I will lessen my intake of soup dishes.

You are right sometimes what we carry around is water weight that is caused by water retention that is gotten from taking in so much sodium and the best way to avoid this especially for us on a weight loss journey is getting our food prepared ourselves.preparing meals ourselves is a lot easy since we eat just a meal daily, preparing one single healthy meal wouldn't take so much time or energy. I have tried it now for months and I haven't had the need to eat outside the home.
I myself have gotten used to just buying takeout instead of cooking at home because the price difference isn't too big and honestly not worth the effort of additionally having to also clean dishes and pots and pans as well as spending the time to cook, but at the same time I also had to eventually consider the health benefits of cooking at home so now I cook some dishes at home and still do takeout. However, I do plan on becoming vegetarian or close to it in the near future so at that point I won't have much of a choice since there aren't any vegetarian restaurants I can rely on at all here.

My most loved soup is Potato soup and it has numerous solid benefits. To make a fortifying soup, utilize low-fat or soy drain. Diminish or dispose of margarine; utilize bouillon shapes rather than stock. Explore different avenues regarding herbs and flavors to accomplish a flavor you need without utilizing sodium. The essential elements of potato soup are potatoes, herbs,milk. Meat or any stock is once while utilized.

Soup is something that can be a great benefit on an OMAD diet, especially in cold weather. Bone broth, or vegetable broth, or just a plain soup, like cabbage soup, can be very filling, and none of those are rich soups. The broth can even be used as a hot drink during fasting, and does not break the fast.
If a person is having soup as the main part of their daily meal, then any kind of soup would be just fine, unless you are eating low carb/keto, and then you would only be having a meat and vegetable soup, and no heavy carbs.
When it is cold and rainy, and I have already had my cup of coffee for the day, then I really enjoy a cup of hot broth, boullion, or something like that to drink during the day.