Sodas during OMAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to know to those who are on OMAD diet right now, is drinking sodas during OMAD diet fine? I mean I know it is not healthy, but I just read some post and commenta that it is fine to eat fastfood during OMAD and this question just pop up in my mind. I hope you guys can give me some clarifications on this. And this will also help those who are just starting their journey to OMAD diet.

If you are purely Doing OMAD then you can drink and eat what you want with the meal, not outside the eating window.
It's not good for you and if you are trying to lose weight then it will not help with this goal.
It depends why you are doing OMAD?

You should avoid drinking sodas while you are doing the OMAD diet and not only in this diet, if you want to lose weight it is recommended to avoid drinking sodas if this is not your goal then you can drink.

I think you need to understand the dynamics of OMAD. You eat one meal a day and you eat anything you want in that meal,but it has to be your recommended daily calorie intake. The biggest advantage of OMAD is that because you eat only one meal, you won't be able to eat much and you will eat below your recommended calories and still be full. So you will still loose weight. I think you can have soda if you don't go over your calories recommended for the day, but you have to remember that soda spikes your insulin levels because of the sugar and when your insulin levels are spiked, you get hungry. So think if this will help your journey.

Well when it's not healthy i think it's better to stay away from it even in your eating window. If you want the full benefits of your diet, it's wise to go for it 100% healthy. In the end, you will definitely be satisfied with the results.

Well when it's not healthy i think it's better to stay away from it even in your eating window. If you want the full benefits of your diet, it's wise to go for it 100% healthy. In the end, you will definitely be satisfied with the results.
i support you Man. There is absolutely no need to make half compromises. If you are determined to get the results its wise to go the long way.

I have experimented incorporating soda into my one meal and felt it to be a bit harmful in the sense that it made me crave food a lot easier after my meal. I found myself feeling hungry and wanting to eat again just hours after my meal whereas when I don't have sodas I can handle my night time hunger much easier. Even just having half a can made my cravings a lot stronger. These are all just my experiences though and it may be different for you, and for all I know it could just be in my imagination. I think for good measure it might be better to just drink sodas during cheat days if you really must.

I think you need to understand the dynamics of OMAD. You eat one meal a day and you eat anything you want in that meal,but it has to be your recommended daily calorie intake. The biggest advantage of OMAD is that because you eat only one meal, you won't be able to eat much and you will eat below your recommended calories and still be full. So you will still loose weight. I think you can have soda if you don't go over your calories recommended for the day, but you have to remember that soda spikes your insulin levels because of the sugar and when your insulin levels are spiked, you get hungry. So think if this will help your journey.
Oh okay, I get it now. OMAD is really a good diet program. You can eat anything on your one meal per day as long as you don't exceed your recommended calorie per day. I think if one person is doing OMAD, he/she can drink soda or just take a sip, but not do it everyday. Thanks for the clarification.

I have experimented incorporating soda into my one meal and felt it to be a bit harmful in the sense that it made me crave food a lot easier after my meal. I found myself feeling hungry and wanting to eat again just hours after my meal whereas when I don't have sodas I can handle my night time hunger much easier. Even just having half a can made my cravings a lot stronger. These are all just my experiences though and it may be different for you, and for all I know it could just be in my imagination. I think for good measure it might be better to just drink sodas during cheat days if you really must.

I agree with you completely, drinking soda specially the diet ones does affect your metabolism and makes you crave even more. You can feel the cravings just after an hour or two after having the soda. I definitely won't advice drinking soda while on OMAD.

So many are saying that soda is not good for the body because the only thing we get is the sugar. Soda is also the culprit for the bulging stomach. Ask me and I know it because I am a soda drinker. However, I eat better when there is soda and the food has no soup. Dry food like roasted meat or fish needs a liquid as company for the table. But I would go for fruit juice if soda is not available. I just couldn’t eat well with water to drink.

I try to avoid all things that will sabotage my effort with my weight loss,I wouldn't recommend or endorse soda drinking for those on OMAD diet and trying to loss weight. It better to take drinks with lesser calories like green tea and zero calorie content like water.

Thanks for sharing youe experience. I am not on OMAD diet yet, so I don't know the effects of drinking soda while on OMAD diet. It jusy pop up in my head that what if those people who are on OMAD diet drink sodas,what is the effect on them? Or is even allowed? I wanted to clarify if it is allowed or if it helps you guys to feel full or not. Good. Thing you shared your experience. Thanks again.

I mean I’ll say the same thing I usually do when approached with questions like these: OMAD isn’t so much about what you eat, but when you eat it. There are multiple reasons I’d avoid soda, but that’s my personal choice. I just don’t feel that soda has any place in living a healthy lifestyle.

But if you really want to drink soda on OMAD, can you? Definitely. But if you do, you should stick to regular soda. Diet soda is notorious for triggering hunger cravings so it would make not eating during your fasting window way more difficult.

Thanks for sharing youe experience. I am not on OMAD diet yet, so I don't know the effects of drinking soda while on OMAD diet. It jusy pop up in my head that what if those people who are on OMAD diet drink sodas,what is the effect on them? Or is even allowed? I wanted to clarify if it is allowed or if it helps you guys to feel full or not. Good. Thing you shared your experience. Thanks again.
I think diet sodas are okay, because while they may still be bad for you as they are still sodas and possibly have a lot of chemicals, at least they aren't as filled with sugar as regular sodas. As with anything, I think anything in moderation would be acceptable. I think a soda a day or even multiple ones a week might be overdoing it, but I don't believe it has that much effect on the diet as it doesn't have many calories or sugar.

I agree with you. These also happens to me. After drinking soda I crave more food and I really end up eating more. Sodas contain a lot of calories which are not good for people in diet.

I think diet sodas are okay, because while they may still be bad for you as they are still sodas and possibly have a lot of chemicals, at least they aren't as filled with sugar as regular sodas. As with anything, I think anything in moderation would be acceptable. I think a soda a day or even multiple ones a week might be overdoing it, but I don't believe it has that much effect on the diet as it doesn't have many calories or sugar.
Oh yeah I almost forgot about diet sodas. They have less sugar indeed. And I agree with you that even if it is diet soda it is still not good for our health. But yet we can still drink and take a sip just to satisfy our tastebuds.

So many are saying that soda is not good for the body because the only thing we get is the sugar. Soda is also the culprit for the bulging stomach. Ask me and I know it because I am a soda drinker. However, I eat better when there is soda and the food has no soup. Dry food like roasted meat or fish needs a liquid as company for the table. But I would go for fruit juice if soda is not available. I just couldn’t eat well with water to drink.
Yeah, drinking soda together with your meal is good. I also find it to be more appetizing to eat with soda as my drink or even juices. Recently I have been drinking soda more than my usual, and my stomach gets really upset up to now. I guess I learned my lesson to dring just fewer amount of soda.

I mean I’ll say the same thing I usually do when approached with questions like these: OMAD isn’t so much about what you eat, but when you eat it. There are multiple reasons I’d avoid soda, but that’s my personal choice. I just don’t feel that soda has any place in living a healthy lifestyle.

But if you really want to drink soda on OMAD, can you? Definitely. But if you do, you should stick to regular soda. Diet soda is notorious for triggering hunger cravings so it would make not eating during your fasting window way more difficult.
Oh, I didn't know that diet soda can trigger hunger more than a regular soda. Thanks for the information. I agree, soda is not adviceable as it only do harm in our body. But if one doea wants to drink it during their OMAD diet then it will be fine as you have said.

Sodas are a big no! I think it regardless of the diet you are into, soda is really a no. It's unhealthy and has a lot of bad effects on our body. So I suggest, instead of drinking soda, drink water, tea, or black coffee instead.

Sodas doesn't have nutrients so I suggest to stay away from those drinks specially if you are doing OMAD diet. Sodas are just for refreshment but taking it daily in my opinion will deteriorate your health. I have read bad effects of soda to human so taking it regularly is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.