So What's on the Menu for the Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Because I am running out of meal ideas and sometimes just like to eat vicariously through others, I am interested in what you guys are having for your one meal whether it's consumed during the morning, noon, or evening.

Not sure about this evening's dinner but yesterday I had:

pineapple/banana/orange smoothie
Seasoned ground turkey with onions and garlic (cooked with ghee)
turnip greens (I love turnips now and never did before adulthood)
roasted cabbage
1.5 cups rice

I actually ate crockpot chili tonight and it was the best!

• 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 package McCormick® Slow Cookers Chili Seasoning
  • 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) tomato sauce

This sounds so good especially since spring feels like winter here. Adding this to my weekly planner for Sunday. I wish I had a crockpot but gonna try it stovetop. Thanks for including the recipe, Jackie[/QUOTE]
I actually ate crockpot chili tonight and it was the best!

• 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 package McCormick® Slow Cookers Chili Seasoning
  • 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) tomato sauce
[/QU

Last edited:
Dinner was lots of sauteed veggies like red and green peppers, onions, bok choy, cabbage on top of pasta noodles. Threw in a diced chicken breast. I finished meal with green tea/kombucha tea with lemon and honey.

My favorite meal so far this week was roasted veggies (asparagus, red onion, broccoli, and sweet potato with grapeseed oil and herbs de provence) with some leftover dark-meat turkey with a salad on the side made from spring mix, cucumber, red pepper (which I peel the skin off of otherwise it gives me indigestion) a little extra sharp cheddar, and an olive oil & vinegar dressing.

My favorite meal so far this week was roasted veggies (asparagus, red onion, broccoli, and sweet potato with grapeseed oil and herbs de provence) with some leftover dark-meat turkey with a salad on the side made from spring mix, cucumber, red pepper (which I peel the skin off of otherwise it gives me indigestion) a little extra sharp cheddar, and an olive oil & vinegar dressing.
This makes my mouth water...Yum!

My OMAD was an Egg and Meat Scramble topped with low sugar ketchup:)

3 Eggs
1 cup Hamburg
Hi Brenda, you are encouraging me to go low carb. I keep saying next meal, yet it hasn't come. Carbs are a vicious cycle..the more I eat the more I want.

Hi Brenda, you are encouraging me to go low carb. I keep saying next meal, yet it hasn't come. Carbs are a vicious cycle..the more I eat the more I want.
It helped me to lose the weight and now that I'm in maintenance I only have to eat low carb a few days a week.

Today I made spinach and feta chicken burgers on a toasted bun with caramelized onions and on the side I had a salad and bacon wrapped asparagus. It was amazing.

Wow it amazes me how we get to enjoy so much wonderful food options and still see the scale go down. It sounds so nutritious, balanced, and delicious Agathist

It’s storming here so I didn’t want to stop at supermarket so so I made a huge salad with everything I could find in the fridge from black beans to apples. Used res wine vinegar as dressing. Doesn’t sound appealing I know but I stayed dry .

I like making salads and think I will quite often when the hot weather comes. It's nice because salad was always something I tried to keep low-fat, but now having it as a meal it's the greatest thing ever because you can add all of the stuff that makes salad great.

I found some recipes to make this week. Usually I throw things together that sound good, but wanted to make some things that were a bit different than I usually make. If any of them are worth making again I'll add them to the recipe section throughout the week.

Yay today I managed to eat less than 20 g carbs. I had broccoli and chicken breast cooked with ghee.
I’m eliminating coffee for a minute my blood pressure has been around 120’s over 80’s. I’m normally around 110. Over 70’s

For my evening meal, I am going to prepare a huge salad (the past couple days I've been combining @rudy Jimenez and @Brenda 's low carb/salad style of eating. Since Monday, the scale has gone down 4 lbs which is awesome on my 5'2 frame.

Tonight, I will have a salad that's built on a bed of all types of greens and top it with cherry tomatoes, boiled eggs, avocado, cheese, olives (green and kalamata) and jalapeno peppers, a few broccoli florets. My protein of choice is grilled shrimp. I'm also making a cilantro/avocado dressing. I've calculated this meal to be <40 grams. Will also do 30 minutes of HIIT right before eating.

Mariela, I've tried lowering my carbs, and while they're lower than they used to be, they aren't low enough to even be considered low-carb. I just can't do it, I love them too much :) I'll be patient and let my weigh-loss happen at it's own pace while still having my carbs. I am trying to limit my carb sources to whole foods though. This week, not so much since I bought fresh pasta and gnocchi. I find that when the carbs come from fruits (which I don't eat too often) and veggies that my body reacts better to them than when I have things like pasta, bread, or rice.

I've gotten my seeds started for my veggie garden and if the rain holds off I'm digging up the ground today and I'll transplant them early next week. I'm excited for tomatoes, green beans, peas, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, and peppers. I'm going to try to grow carrots and may pick up some radish seeds, but we'll see how it goes. I don't want to get too crazy with my first in-the-ground garden.

I just planned out my meal for tonight and I'm having an orange, 2 hard-boiled eggs, chicken breast over some skillet gnocchi browned in butter with a little cheese, a side of red cabbage and onion with mustard seed and white wine vinegar, and 2 squares of 72% dark chocolate.

I was thinking about going over my 50 grams of carbs limit for the day because the weather is all chilly and stormy which is perfectly accompanied with carbs but I just had a mug of lemon/kombucha tea and desire to go over went away.
I’m gonna do a taco salad (no shell) and pistachios on the side. Should be less than 50

I'm headed to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I debating getting a steak or getting Chile Colorado. But for sure guacamole!

I'm headed to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant. I debating getting a steak or getting Chile Colorado. But for sure guacamole!
Hi JamieFlu and welcome to the board. Your meal sounds delish and I heart guacamole. By the way doesn’t it feel great to be able to go out to eat with others and feel free to enjoy your meal with no worries

I'm looking to have a good sub turkey sandwich and soup today. I'm not sure what's on the menu for tommorow, but I'm trying for it to be healthy. I'm traveling for my job, so sometimes eating healthy can be expensive/ or an issue finding a good place.

Status
Not open for further replies.