Sleeping longer can help in controlling hunger

We met a long time friend the other day for a casual chat in a small restaurant. He admitted that he is having problems with his finances that he just sleep longer so he could not feel hunger. No more breakfast for him according to his budget and lunch is heavy although sometimes he goes to bed earlier to skip dinner. I did not mention OMAD but I felt like listening to someone who is on OMAD. That’s a good food for my thought.

I agree that sleeping longer can help with hunger. When you are sleeping you are not eating. That's the thing with OMAD, one of the ways to accomplish your goals is to keep your mind occupied. Anyone who is busy and OMAD will tell you that it is easier. We have a saying in My Country that an idle mind is the devil's workshop. When you are idle you can eat a house. For most overweight people they will tell you they eat their emotions and that eating represents activity. So I agree that sleeping longer helps.

Yes, one of my reason when I started this diet is because I want to save. I decided to eat one meal a day to save more money. In my later years in college, I will wake up at 8 am because my classes start late then I will skip dinner and sleep at 8 pm or 9 pm. I will also read a book to occupied my mind when I can not sleep early.

Sleep plays a vital role in our health and it's important not to take it for granted. Sleeping longer could really help in OMAD diet because our mind is unconscious of food. However, we also need to ensure that the quality of our sleep is good and not only focus on the quantity. Sleeping early or on time is still the best.

To be completely frank, this post was honestly more depressing that I expected it to be. It’s really unfortunate to be in such a financial situation where you’d have to go to sleep early or sleep in just so you don’t feel hunger. I hope things get better for your friend.

In any case, I don’t know about sleeping longer, but getting a quality eight hours of sleep can certainly help with appetite/hunger control. After we’re well rested, our judgment and self-control tend to be better than if we’re tired and grouchy.

Not to mention quality rest can help improve your metabolism as well.

To be completely frank, this post was honestly more depressing that I expected it to be. It’s really unfortunate to be in such a financial situation where you’d have to go to sleep early or sleep in just so you don’t feel hunger. I hope things get better for your friend.

In any case, I don’t know about sleeping longer, but getting a quality eight hours of sleep can certainly help with appetite/hunger control. After we’re well rested, our judgment and self-control tend to be better than if we’re tired and grouchy.

Not to mention quality rest can help improve your metabolism as well.
I also feel sad for her friend. :( On the other hand, I agree with you about the quality sleep. 7-8 hours of sleep is the ideal amount of rest that we need as an adult. In my experience, once I sleep more than 9 or 10 hours, I feel weak and sick when I wake up. Too much of something is bad enough.

But your friend is not on OMAD he was doing it just so that he/she will not feel the hunger. It might cause a big problem to your friend health he keep doing it. Like he will loss the energy and when he woke he will all his/her muscle numb.

But your friend is not on OMAD he was doing it just so that he/she will not feel the hunger. It might cause a big problem to your friend health he keep doing it. Like he will loss the energy and when he woke he will all his/her muscle numb.

This is not the case at all, @huggypillows . Even though this friend is not specifically saying that he is following an OMAD diet plan, that IS exactly what he is doing; so it is not going to make him lose energy, anymore than it will for someone who knows they are following the diet.
Actually, the longer we can sleep when we are fasting, the better that our body can restore itself.
We make the human growth hormone when we are sleeping and burning fat, and we cannot make it when we have been eating and producing insulin.
Since this is one of the most important hormones that our body produces, eating one meal and fasting through breakfast is a good plan, and the extra sleep is only helping his body to re-vitalize itself.

Well, if he is skipping breakfast and launch I think he is following the OMAD diet without knowing, this is funny, I wonder how many kilograms he lost since he is sleeping longer.

Sleeping is definitely going to assist when you are looking at controlling hunger. This tip is going to come handy especially for those that are doing Omad as you will get to enjoy some good time out of it.

Sleep plays a vital role in our health and it's important not to take it for granted. Sleeping longer could really help in OMAD diet because our mind is unconscious of food. However, we also need to ensure that the quality of our sleep is good and not only focus on the quantity. Sleeping early or on time is still the best.

That is the point that I was making as well. I have come to notice that you are going to enjoy some good time while sleeping instead of worrying about food and how to quench hunger.

I think I would disagree with this. For me sleeping longer than a normal time will make you more hungry. As you wake up eating nothing you eventually become weary and wanted to eat more.

I think I would disagree with this. For me sleeping longer than a normal time will make you more hungry. As you wake up eating nothing you eventually become weary and wanted to eat more.

Me too, sometimes sleeping longer than the usual makes me want to eat more food when I wake up and there are times that we wake up from our sleep because we are hungry and our body send signals to the brain telling us that we need to eat. Just to adhere to OMAD doesn't mean that we need longer sleeping hours, there are other things to do just get our mind away from eating like doing art stuff or reading about our favorite book.

Me too, sometimes sleeping longer than the usual makes me want to eat more food when I wake up and there are times that we wake up from our sleep because we are hungry and our body send signals to the brain telling us that we need to eat. Just to adhere to OMAD doesn't mean that we need longer sleeping hours, there are other things to do just get our mind away from eating like doing art stuff or reading about our favorite book.

You are both missing the whole idea of OMAD, here. If you are not eating until noon, or maybe evening; then it doesn’t make any difference at all how many hours you sleep.
It doesn’t matter if you wake up early or late, you are not going to be eating for many hours anyway.

If you will read the article that Jimmy has posted on the website about controlling appetite and hunger, the number 12 way to help control hunger is to get plenty of sleep.
Here is part of what the blog article says , and it is well worth reading the whole article.

“ Hunger is actually controlled by 2 hormones: ghrelin and leptin
The less leptin being produced results in an empty stomach feeling. The more ghrelin produced results in the stimulation of hunger.
In short, both of these levels need to be controlled, but sleep deprivation will make that impossible.”

Here is the link to the blog article:
https://omaddiet.com/reduce-hunger-overeating-omad/

I also feel way less hungry during the day when I have had enough sleep. I sleep way better now and go to bed at the right time and ever since I've stopped depriving myself of sleep I found myself having an easier time dealing with hunger during the day. When I used to sleep late and have odd sleeping routines sometimes I would wake up starving. That still happens now from time to time but not as often anymore.

Your friend is hitting two birds with one stone tho and I'm so jealous of him. I can only do this during the summer where I don't have to worry about classes and stuff because it's time for vacation. I sleep all day, have brunch and sometimes don't and then eat dinner. Now that I still have classes, I'm sometimes pigging out because I sleep less due to the unending number of paper works I have to finish. Hopefully I can come back with OMAD after my graduation next year.

You are both missing the whole idea of OMAD, here. If you are not eating until noon, or maybe evening; then it doesn’t make any difference at all how many hours you sleep.
It doesn’t matter if you wake up early or late, you are not going to be eating for many hours anyway.

If you will read the article that Jimmy has posted on the website about controlling appetite and hunger, the number 12 way to help control hunger is to get plenty of sleep.
Here is part of what the blog article says , and it is well worth reading the whole article.

“ Hunger is actually controlled by 2 hormones: ghrelin and leptin
The less leptin being produced results in an empty stomach feeling. The more ghrelin produced results in the stimulation of hunger.
In short, both of these levels need to be controlled, but sleep deprivation will make that impossible.”

Here is the link to the blog article:
https://omaddiet.com/reduce-hunger-overeating-omad/

Yes I have read that and thank you for pointing that out as well. During my time with OMAD I would rather do some creative things rather than sleeping. I believe that most of us have jobs as well and personally I have not tried to sleep longer hours just to control my hunger, maybe that doesn't really work for me and I am not taking it against anyone. It was a year ago that I have tried OMAD and it was a miracle that I have lost some weight. I have just joined this forum 2 months ago and I am just sharing my experience and I really thought that this diet worked for me.