Sleeping hungry

Last night, I deliberately skipped having dinner as part of my data gathering for OMAD. I want to know if my body can withstand the craving for food. At bedtime, I started feeling the grumbling of my stomach as if telling me that it’s time to eat. Fortunately I was able to get to sleep amidst the hunger that I was experiencing. When I woke up this morning, I feel like normal although the hunger pangs emerged after an hour. Maybe I have to do some more practice of not having dinner to acclimatize my body.

I actually did some experimenting myself for a while, in order to figure out if eating at certain times would bring on hunger pangs during others. Something I found was that if I ate a meal rich in protein and fat for dinner, I wouldn’t feel hunger for most of the next morning. In fact, I didn’t feel any hunger pangs set in until around midday, but even those were fairly tolerable.

On the other hand, if I ate a dinner rich in carbohydrates like rice, bread, or pasta, I’d be craving food the next morning and the hunger pangs were nearly unbearable. I think it has something to do with blood glucose levels. It made me quickly realize why keto diets seem to be so good for managing appetite and weight loss.

I find it a little easier handling hunger during night time than I do in the mornings since at night I've at least had one meal already and can just work off of that, while in the mornings when I feel hungry and have nothing in my stomach I feel a lot more tempted to break my routine. I think it's a good start to experiment with skipping dinner because it's at least one step closer to doing complete OMAD and I myself also started out that way by testing the waters with a four hour window of meal time first before completely jumping in to just doing one meal a day.

I understand skipping dinner is difficult for some. But for me, it is the easiest as compared to other meals. Skipping lunch is the hardest for me I think. I can get by with a cup of coffee for breakfast but I will get hungry in the middle of the day. The only time I feel most hungry when I wake up is when I ate a hearty dinner the night before.

You're correct. It basically depends on what you are accustomed to. It is normally hard at the beginning but you should be able to get used to it.

I don't understand what you mean. Did you have lunch and skip dinner or did you not eat for 48 hours? If you ate your one meal at lunch time, there is no way you would still be hungry. I prefer eating in the evening, but when I eat at lunch because of the hurry, I'm super full at dinner. Especially if you eat low carb, where you eat protein and fats, you are still full for dinner. If you did not have lunch then this is not OMAD this is a 48 hour fast which offcourse, will make you feel like you're starving.

Try drinking a cup or two of coffee with cream and a bit of sugar, it's my goto drink when I'm hungry at night. Also I think you should eat more protein because it digest and burns slowly makes you feel full longer.

I actually did some experimenting myself for a while, in order to figure out if eating at certain times would bring on hunger pangs during others. Something I found was that if I ate a meal rich in protein and fat for dinner, I wouldn’t feel hunger for most of the next morning. In fact, I didn’t feel any hunger pangs set in until around midday, but even those were fairly tolerable.

On the other hand, if I ate a dinner rich in carbohydrates like rice, bread, or pasta, I’d be craving food the next morning and the hunger pangs were nearly unbearable. I think it has something to do with blood glucose levels. It made me quickly realize why keto diets seem to be so good for managing appetite and weight loss.

This, 100%.
For me it’s been amazing just watching how my body actually responds to food. All food isn’t created equally, and I seem to perform better when I have protein and fats as well. High carb meals end up seeing me feel full for a short while but then hungry soon after - and just seem to cause my energy to crash.

Well i think it's natural specially when your body is used to do a daily routine and then suddenly changed. But i think it's a part of the process and eventually your body will adapt to the changes.

Well i think it's natural specially when your body is used to do a daily routine and then suddenly changed. But i think it's a part of the process and eventually your body will adapt to the changes.

I agree. The beginning is always the hardest as most people would say. Eventually, you'll get used to it and achieve your target. It's not easy to get rid of our old habits but it's possible. We can create new habits or routine and adapt to it.

I usually skip dinners because I want to lose weight. And yeah! I still managed to get to sleep. At first my stomach keeps on grumbling as if it tells me that "hey where my dinner?!" but I pay no attention about it because of my dedication to loose weight. So far I could see the changes in my body, I can control now my eating habit. Thanks to OMAD Diet

Last night, I deliberately skipped having dinner as part of my data gathering for OMAD. I want to know if my body can withstand the craving for food. At bedtime, I started feeling the grumbling of my stomach as if telling me that it’s time to eat. Fortunately I was able to get to sleep amidst the hunger that I was experiencing. When I woke up this morning, I feel like normal although the hunger pangs emerged after an hour. Maybe I have to do some more practice of not having dinner to acclimatize my body.
It can take some time for your body to get used to anything new. A strategy some people who are fasting use is to drink some fruit juice instead of having their regular meal. After some time (usually a day or two) they are able to do without the meal and once they can do without the meal, they'll cut out the fruit juice too. It is not something I have tried but I believe it can work.

Personally, since I exercise early in the morning, it's relatively easy to skip breakfast and lunch and have one meal at around 3 in the afternoon. Often I can do without another meal till the next day. It is not something that can work for everyone though.

I can't sleep when feeling hungry so I schedule my meal at a convenient time not too long from my sleeping time and I also drink water when I feel some hunger before going to bed.

It is normal to feel this way, but as you have said if you will not eat dinner for a few days it will be easier for you and with time you will not feel the hunger anymore.

It's actually safer not to eat before going to sleep than eating a lot and just sleeping it out during the night. I have heard of many fatal diseases related to pancreatic disorders that happen after one eats too much and then goes to sleep immediately. In tagalog we call it " bangongot" but in medical terms it's pancreatic disease.
I agree with what you said about the bad pancreatic effect when you sleep after eating or when you sleep when your stomach is full. That usually happens after a feast or when there is a party at night. What I meant with my sleeping hungry issue is that I wake up feeling famished. I am thinking that getting hungry when asleep can also result in acid reflux or some other problems with the digestive system.

Our body is like a machine that can adapt to almost anything. So getting used to not eating dinner won't be easy but won't be that hard either.