Should i include a strategic snack on omad?

Although I find the OMAD diet/lifestyle the best idea on eating that ive found---I really struggle at night between 8pm and 12pm when I go to bed---I know there are drinks and other things like say having a nice bath that can help---but I'm seriously thinking about the idea of including a small healthy snack of around 200 calories in the evening--would like some feedback on this

That should be fine. All of us are different. Just ensure that it's not a snack that will do you damage (weight gain). Maybe eat a pickle or a bowl of cucumbers or sauerkraut. Something very simple. Maybe even an orange or apple.

That should be fine. All of us are different. Just ensure that it's not a snack that will do you damage (weight gain). Maybe eat a pickle or a bowl of cucumbers or sauerkraut. Something very simple. Maybe even an orange or apple.
thank you Celby for your input----after thinking about it I've decided to make my window for eating longer--- it's now between 5pm and 8pm (before it was just an hour between 5 and 6pm-----the other thing Im doing is keeping my calories to 1,500 or less----I know calories are a debate on OMAD but I feel its important to count them to avoid going over the top---I see you are a new member --hope the OMAD lifestyle works for you---regards Ian

Well it would be better if you will follow your diet schedule. to make it everything easy and more good than what you think. you can have a good snack I think there are some snack that is low calories.

My idea of OMAD is one meal a day so if you snack in the evening then that might not fall into the category of OMAD anymore. To be honest, I am not into OMAD yet because I am still gathering data and also I am evaluating myself if I can withstand that one meal because I am used to eating 5 times in a day. But I guess the diet that is good for us depends on a case to case basis. So if that snack cheat will be good for you then that wouldn't be a problem unless it ruins the weight control program.

I myself have thought of this but decided against it since I prefer to play it safe as much as possible in terms of not breaking my fasting period. However, if you are having trouble with it then I guess it isn't the worst thing to do this since you are just considering light and healthy snacks. If you still prefer to make OMAD work though then I suggest maybe just moving your meal schedule an hour or so later and maybe that can help you get through the night time as you might not feel as hungry by having your meal later in the day.

That may ruin the diet your are starting of. Just make a discipline with your body and try to resist eating. Eventually you will be comfortable with that.

That would defeat the purpose of OMAD. It's better to eat more during your eating window than to snack during your diet time. Try eating more and just drink coffee when you have night cravings for food.

It's not strictly OMAD, but you don't have to follow it anyway if you're really having a hard time. As long as your overall daily calorie count is within the limits of your desired body weight, then adding a small snack can be good for your overall diet goals. Having a hard time controlling those urges may just lead you to quit the diet entirely.

So long as your eating window is closed you can't. However What you can do is move your eating window to 8.00 pm I think that may be best, or have your snack at 8.00 pm but remember that this will move your eating window to the next day 7.00pm. Just play around with the times. I think it all depends on your lifestyle. I would be curious to know what you are eating. I'll bet your food is high in carbs and probably sugars. I have found when I eat food high in carbs I am hungry in 2 to 3 hours. Reduce the carbs to healthy carbs, increase your protein intake. If you have a chicken or steak salad I'll bet you anything by 8.00 pm you will not be hungry.

I think before trying to eat a snack at night you should first try to sleep early so you will not crave midnight snack. To not feel your cravings you should occupy your mind with other things. Try reading a book, watch a movie or exercise at night so you will not feel your cravings.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Although I find the OMAD diet/lifestyle the best idea on eating that ive found---I really struggle at night between 8pm and 12pm when I go to bed---I know there are drinks and other things like say having a nice bath that can help---but I'm seriously thinking about the idea of including a small healthy snack of around 200 calories in the evening--would like some feedback on this

HI IanD. While having a snack is tempting, this will certainly sabatage your Omad Diet. To maximize the benefits of fasting while doing the Omad Diet, you must also stay consistent in your daily practices. This means setting up an eating window, establishing meal guidelines (such as the 4 "ones" rule), and being strict about behavior outside the eating window. I can't stress the importance of this enough. Here is an article that I wrote about hunger & overeating that might be helpful https://omaddiet.com/reduce-hunger-overeating-omad/.

I think you should not strain yourself excessively beyond the level that your body can take. Fine its OMAD but you should also listen to what your body tells you to do and if you can maintain a constant schedule like you said then you will have more motivation to carry on. Too much strain will only weigh on you and make you detest the OMAD diet.

If you are new to OMAD, you are definitely going to feel the need to have snacks at one time especially in the night. This is because your body is still adjusting to the new diet plan you have taken on. So, I would advise you to try and resist the urge for snack time because it's going to ruin your diet plan, and once you start taking snacks, it's going to be hard for you to stop.

I believe what is worth doing is worth doing well.With OMAD we need self control.and discipline. I'm.sure we all might have had a phase like this when starting OMAD, I certainly had but since I was determined I didn't allow it consume me.it will be a waste of time if you keep on sabotaging your OMAD journey with strategic snacks. Trust me the craving wouldn't stop after the first day it will returned the next day for you to consume more snacks and at the end of the day,your aim would have been defeated.So apply discipline and self control and let your body adjust to OMAD.Give it time and you will be fine.

I think its alright to have a snack as long as its healthy and can't affect so much calories to break your daily routine diet. You can search some healthy tips about preparing a good and healthy snack for you. What I really love is avocado as it doesn't makes me crave and I feel like I am full for how many hours. I think it's good to take fruits that will take long hours to your stomach.

You can try sprouts as a healthy snacks. A bowl of crisp and brilliant sprouts is a hit with regards to solid eating choices. Give your night times a solid turn by splashing chickpeas, moong dal or a few vegetables in water and sit tight for them to opening open into some sound sprouts. Have only them, or include some crisply cleaved veggies like cucumber and tomatoes, and season it with some salt and pepper for the hot edge.

If you really noticed that taking snacks by that time of the day is the best thing to do, I would suggest that you move your eating window into that period. This is because taking the snacks will ruin your plans on the diet and that is not good especially when you are just starting out.