Some children are just obese. They eat between meals and are they ravenous? There was one I saw that liked older than her seven years and looked like a bag of pitatoes tied in the middle.

This incident made me thinking. Should we introduce omad to children? Which age is appropriate? Apart from weight loss they will enjoy the other health benefits.

I once would have thought this was nearly impossible, but seeing my nephew eat almost no rice or carbohydrates for his regular meal because he has grown used to it, makes me think that it might be possible to train kids early on to not crave sugar as badly as long as you don't normalize excessive carbohydrate intake. Probably it also depends a lot on the child since all kids are different and they are bound to find their own path to healthiness but these types of alternatives and information should definitely be presented as an option and also be shown to them as effective by being lead by example.

I read an article about how Muslim children over the age of 14 are required to fast during Ramadan. For some children, fasting as required had a harmful effect and some even had to seek treatment.

The best thing that could come close to fasting (for children under 12) would be delaying meal times. You could delay breakfast for a couple of hours and skip lunch. At least that could be used to train the kids to have two meals a day which could help a little.

Regular exercising however IMO is the best way for kids to lose weight and stay healthy.

Children taking part in OMAD seems to be a critical discussion in my opinion because looking at it closely, kids are supposed to eat well and not place themselves on serious intermittent fasting even though there are good benefits of the fast.

Even if children must fast, it should be mild fasting just to teach them how to control their feeding habits. When they get older, they can start omad full time. This is simply my opinion, it's open to being rejected or accepted.

Well,I wouldn't support the idea of children indulging in OMAD.kids especially during their formative years needs to eat so as to create the necessary balance.i rather that their portion be controlled than them eating only once a day. Personally,I think it more drastic for children.

Personally, I don't think it is okay to introduce OMAD to children and young teenagers because they are still growing and they need a lot of food in order for them to grow normally. However, what I think is best is to control their diet by introducing more healthier foods in the household menu and making sure that they don't eat a lot of fast food especially when in school so that their diet would be healthier.

I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce OMAD to children. As part of growing up, they would need a lot of nutrients that could help them be healthy as their body is still in the state of developing. For me, it would be better if a child will be introduced to OMAD when he is 18years old and above and not below of it. I think that age would be enough for them to learn on how to control their intake of food.

I think we can, especially for those children who are obese. I think 10 years old kids can do it. I remember when I was ten. We are obliged to do fasting every Holy Week because it is a school rule. I studied in a Catholic School. It's Dormitory/School facility. So we eat only lunch. And all we have is Vegertables during lunch. We have bread in the morning tho. If we survive it then some kids maybe can.

I think it would depend on the child’s body mass index. If a child has reached the point of morbid obesity, then the effects of being obese would probably be much unhealthier for them than fasting. Childhood obesity is a serious issue that needs to be addressed as soon as possible, by any means possible, because it will inevitably lead to serious complications later in life.

That being said, should a slightly overweight or “normal” child do OMAD? No, at least I don’t think so. Children require adequate calories and nutrients in order to promote healthy development. It would be hard for a child to meet all of their requirements in just a single meal.

I think it would depend on the child’s body mass index. If a child has reached the point of morbid obesity, then the effects of being obese would probably be much unhealthier for them than fasting. Childhood obesity is a serious issue that needs to be addressed as soon as possible, by any means possible, because it will inevitably lead to serious complications later in life.

That being said, should a slightly overweight or “normal” child do OMAD? No, at least I don’t think so. Children require adequate calories and nutrients in order to promote healthy development. It would be hard for a child to meet all of their requirements in just a single meal.
What of obese children? How do we help them? Should we take them to the doctor or starve them? Too many questions but we need solutions.

What of obese children? How do we help them? Should we take them to the doctor or starve them? Too many questions but we need solutions.

As I mentioned in my original post, I don’t think that OMAD would be harmful to a child that is already obese. Perhaps they would have to take multivitamin supplements in order to make up for any vitamin deficiency, but in terms of energy, an obese person—whether a grown adult or a child—has more than enough calories on their very body to give them enough energy.

That being said, I’m not qualified to be making such serious decisions, and everything I say is simply the opinion of an untrained person who is enthusiastic about diet and nutrition.

For sure!
Diet topics can fit anyone within any age frame.

Kids are the future of our society, and we must take good care of them. There are numerous problems regarding obesity and etc. Healthy food rations and diets are the key for a good quality of life! :)

It's a great way for children as well. The thing that you should do is to discuss the situation with your doctor to ensure that they won't run any risk while doing Omad. Once you get the go-ahead from the doctor, you can incorporate the children to the diet plan.

Children taking part in OMAD seems to be a critical discussion in my opinion because looking at it closely, kids are supposed to eat well and not place themselves on serious intermittent fasting even though there are good benefits of the fast.

Even if children must fast, it should be mild fasting just to teach them how to control their feeding habits. When they get older, they can start omad full time. This is simply my opinion, it's open to being rejected or accepted.

I totally agree with you on this. Some children nowadays are really obese because of some parents tend to give what their children wants in terms of feeding them. It would really be the parents who should be responsible for controlling what their children should eat and drink instead of placing them on diets like this.

I totally agree with you on this. Some children nowadays are really obese because of some parents tend to give what their children wants in terms of feeding them. It would really be the parents who should be responsible for controlling what their children should eat and drink instead of placing them on diets like this.
Parents normally fail in feeding their children. They feed their children on junk food and many sweets. Becoming obese to them is normal. They think they are healthy. Diets like this will help them.

Exactly! Parents or guardian of children should be the ones who determine what the kids should eat and when they should eat from a close observation of their hunger pangs.

There are some children who are very keen to eating always and anything that is edible that comes to them while there are some kids that hardly eats anything offered to them. It's on the parent to control what they eat.

No, children still need a lot of nutrients to compare to us adults. Besides, children is still not discipline about what they are eating because they are curious. Let's not limit the taste buds of the child, we just can't release those fats while adulting. If you are worried about your child being obese, be a parent and do your job. Make some healthy foods and let them exercise and start disciplining them about what they are eating.

Maybe not omad or keto, my own daughter is overweight and we have her follow a diet that her mom designed for her. It's a good way to foster self-discipline at a young age as well. She is told what kinds of food she is not allowed to eat (during weekdays) and then she could have them on weekends. Rules and stuff like that, it's not only for her health and diet, but also could instill in an 8-year-old a sense of responsibility and discipline. But I feel keto and omad may be a bit too much for her at this age now, am I right?

Maybe not omad or keto, my own daughter is overweight and we have her follow a diet that her mom designed for her. It's a good way to foster self-discipline at a young age as well. She is told what kinds of food she is not allowed to eat (during weekdays) and then she could have them on weekends. Rules and stuff like that, it's not only for her health and diet, but also could instill in an 8-year-old a sense of responsibility and discipline. But I feel keto and omad may be a bit too much for her at this age now, am I right?

If your daughter is overweight, then I think that it's normal to control what she eats and when she eats it. It's all about knowing how long you should stretch her staying out of meal or in the fasting window. Don't overdo it in order not to complicate things for her.