Rice Substitute

One good Rice Substitute for Asians doing OMAD Keto is Cauliflower Rice. Well it basically cauliflower chopped or processed until it's the size of cooked rice up to the size of corn kernels. It's then panfried with some white pepper and a bit of salt until cooked. It's delicious and has a lot of vitamins such as C, K and Folate. And it only has about 25-30 calories per cup unlike rice which has 200 plus calories per cup.

One good Rice Substitute for Asians doing OMAD Keto is Cauliflower Rice. Well it basically cauliflower chopped or processed until it's the size of cooked rice up to the size of corn kernels. It's then panfried with some white pepper and a bit of salt until cooked. It's delicious and has a lot of vitamins such as C, K and Folate. And it only has about 25-30 calories per cup unlike rice which has 200 plus calories per cup.

I like cauliflower. It tastes nice when used with sweet seasoning and blend of spices. I haven't tried using it as a rice substitute. But I'm okay with the idea of it. Maybe I'll try it soon. I've mostly had it in mixed vegetable dishes.

I like cauliflower. It tastes nice when used with sweet seasoning and blend of spices. I haven't tried using it as a rice substitute. But I'm okay with the idea of it. Maybe I'll try it soon. I've mostly had it in mixed vegetable dishes.

It really is delicious you can mix in some butter for a rich taste or you can also mix in other vegetables that you can rice also. You can also try a corn and broccoli mix, it tasted even more delicious.

It really is delicious you can mix in some butter for a rich taste or you can also mix in other vegetables that you can rice also. You can also try a corn and broccoli mix, it tasted even more delicious.

That sounds amazing. I'm not sure if I can eat corn. It's somewhat hard for me to digest. I don't know why but corn takes a long time for me to digest. But I'll surely try the butter. I haven't tried that with cauliflower.

That sounds amazing. I'm not sure if I can eat corn. It's somewhat hard for me to digest. I don't know why but corn takes a long time for me to digest. But I'll surely try the butter. I haven't tried that with cauliflower.

Buttered Cauliflower Rice is really delicious and the butter adds extra creaminess and flavor to it. You know what's more delicious? Mixing in some cheese in it. You should try it.

Buttered Cauliflower Rice is really delicious and the butter adds extra creaminess and flavor to it. You know what's more delicious? Mixing in some cheese in it. You should try it.
That is what we do sometimes, and I mix some cheese with cream cheese and a little heavy cream and melt it, and then put it over the steamed cauliflower.
I don’t usually rice it before I do this, because it is more like a loaded baked potato when it is in larger chunks, but it would be delicious either way.
If you add a little bacon bits and green onion slices, it is everybit as good as a baked potato, and no where near the carbs.

Where can I find this? I live in the Philippines and I wanted to have other alternative for rice. I am kind of getting tired of sweet potatoes and cassava. I eat brown rice and not the white one. Can I make my own version of this? Or it is store-bought?

Where can I find this? I live in the Philippines and I wanted to have other alternative for rice. I am kind of getting tired of sweet potatoes and cassava. I eat brown rice and not the white one. Can I make my own version of this? Or it is store-bought?

Cauliflower is a vegetable and if it is in your country then it's probably in the produce section of the grocery store next to the broccoli. When people say "cauliflower rice" what they really mean is that the took the cauliflower vegetable and "riced" it. There is a special kitchen tool for ricing veggies. But if you don't have it just use a grater. My daughter makes a dish where the one of the main ingredients is riced cauliflower or cauliflower rice. Whatever you want to call it, it's delicious!

Cauliflower rice is really nice though I eat it maybe once a week since I don't really like rice but I love the health benefits of eating cauliflower it helps detox the system and build up the immune system. If one has BP it really recommended to eat it a lot.But it really a good substitute for rice.

The best substitute for rice is the kamote. It is a root crop that is rich in carbohydrates, which is the main nutrients found in rice. What makes it better than rice is that it doesn't contain sugar, not as much as rice's sugar content.

This a very good suggestion for a rice substitute. I am tired of eating rice and it makes my sugar level high. Been looking for a substitute that is healthier.

I have tried substituting rice with broccoli but I have not tried Cauliflower yet. This is a nice suggestion. I must try it out. I am fond of using oyster sauce in my fried rice, I wonder if that would work with this as well.

So you mean what we get from rice can be get from cauliflower? I don't think I can replace rice with anything on my diet. That is the main source of my energy. I don't have problem with rice. But what you have posted is a good one. Those who needs to lessen or take out rice on their meal list.

Cauliflower is also good when made soup. I cook cauliflower soup sometimes. While during lazy days I just steam it and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it and it's done.

Wow! I didn't know that it can be a substitute for rice. I am really surprised about the things that I learn here in this forum. What does this taste like? Good? It is also nice to know that it has very little calories. Perfect for people who's in a diet. Also, from what @Annejk18 said, cauliflower is good for soup. Making soup is easy.

Wow! I didn't know that it can be a substitute for rice. I am really surprised about the things that I learn here in this forum. What does this taste like? Good? It is also nice to know that it has very little calories. Perfect for people who's in a diet. Also, from what @Annejk18 said, cauliflower is good for soup. Making soup is easy.
Yes it is, just steam it or food process it before cooking it as soup. Kids also loves my cauliflower soup. I add chicken broth to it to taste tastier.

For me, a fine dice tofu, give it quick stir fry, toss it with my riced cauliflower, and make Not-Mac-n-Cheese, Not-Curried-Rice, Not-Fried-Rice.
I think the tofu gives the cauliflower just a little more substance to the bite. The cauliflower and the tofu have to be near the same size. I prefer to use extra firm tofu.