Rice shortage and rising prices is reason to go OMAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not being funny but our country is now experiencing a high inflation rate due to the high cost of food items particularly rice, fish, meat and vegetables. One of those interviewed in the market said that their family budget wouldn’t be stretched anymore so they may go on eating for only twice a day instead of the usual 3 times a day. In this kind of crisis perhaps espousing OMAD especially to those overweight is sensible because the high cost of food is a good motivating factor.

I totally feel this! It's the same case for me here - food prices are constantly going up and I often hear people frustrated that they have to spend so much of their income on food. I've found my food bills have been cut drastically by doing OMAD and it's helping me pay off other things! So many benefits not just for health but for a person's finances, too!

I can totally relate with this though ours has been Perpetually on the rise for about a year down, I'm not really feeling it because I rarely eat rice now but certainly it will be a very good idea to totally forget about some foodstuffs for now and concentrate on the diet.

This happens in my country too, the food became expensive especially meat and fruits, eggs and milk. Most older people eat twice a day or less, it is ok for who is taking the OMAD diet but for the rest, this is shameful that we live in such a world where you must eat less then you desire.

Well, firstly I’d like to say that I hope the economic situation in your country gets better soon.

In any case, a lot of people would agree that OMAD has its bonuses besides just losing/managing your weight. One bonus is that you save a lot of time eating only once a day. Between going to the store to buy food, cooking, eating, washing the dishes and cleaning your kitchen, cooking sure does take up a whole lot of time. Eating once a day gives you way more time to do other stuff.

There is also obviously the financial bonus. We honestly eat more than we need to, and all that cash we unnecessarily spend on food can be saved or spent on other luxuries.

Yes, definitely true! All over the world, the prices of basic commodities are rising and we try our best to cope with it and save as possible. It's hitting two birds in one stone. You are able to save as well as have a healthy lifestyle/diet.

I think it can be a motivating factor for sure. I myself am also able to save myself a few calories here and there by thinking that I would also be able to save money when I don't spend as much for buying snacks anymore and it does serve as good motivation because it's a reminder that when you are doing OMAD there are also a few other benefits aside from just better health.

I agree. One of the reason why I decided to eat the OMAD way is because I wanted to eat low carb( I like how I feel when I eat low carb. I'm less hungry and I stay full for a longer time period). Eating low carb is really expensive, beef and chicken and eggs and vegetables for three meals a day can be quite expensive. I found a solution through OMAD. With OMAD I still eat low cab for half the cost. My eating window also doesn't allow to eat that much. So I agree that OMAD is a way to save money.

I'm feel so bad, when the price of food gets higher like we can not eat what ever we like. For some people who doing OMAD it's normal for us once a day. But for those who love eating its kinda bad. Its good thing if we will find alternative food that we can eat with a low cost.

I am not being funny but our country is now experiencing a high inflation rate due to the high cost of food items particularly rice, fish, meat and vegetables. One of those interviewed in the market said that their family budget wouldn’t be stretched anymore so they may go on eating for only twice a day instead of the usual 3 times a day. In this kind of crisis perhaps espousing OMAD especially to those overweight is sensible because the high cost of food is a good motivating factor.
I believe we came from the same country. What you have said is true, prices of rice and other fooda and things here went up. It is hard for some family to avail foods and eat 3 times a day. Rice is our staple food and as the price of rice went up, some just makes some alternatives. I think doing OMAD can also be a solution.

Yeah, this scenario is one reason to go OMAD, but in a country which very rich in root crops rice is not a problem, there're a lot of alternative food to replace rice. I think corn and sweet potato is better than to rice.

When researchers started looking at the healthiest peoples in the world, they found that most of them live in the undeveloped countries, where they eat just basic foods that they can grow, or find growing wild, and often they only eat once or twice a day. It is the people who live in the countries where we have more money and more food available that is where the people are the least healthy, and have the most obesity and the most chronic illnesses.
I have read that Japan is a good example of this. For many years, the Japanese people ate just a basic diet of fish, rice, and vegetables, and were very healthy. Then, more of the fast-food places like McDonalds, started expanding into other countries of the world, and after these kinds of food became available in countries like Japan, their heath has eroded, and more of them are becoming overweight and contracting illnesses like diabetes, which comes from eating the wrong kinds of carb foods in excess.
It seems like many people here buy their food already prepared now, or at least it is processed foods that we buy at the grocery store, People no longer have their own garden and raise their own fruits and vegetables, and we are more apt to eat an apple turnover than a real apple.
Going back to eating fewer meals would be a start for people becoming healthier again.

Definitely a great motivation, I agree coming from the same country. It's really getting tougher and doing OMAD is one way that we can tighten our belts. This can be done by the adult members of the family which can impact the whole family as well including the children. It's like killing two birds with one stone- getting fit and saving or simply adapting to tough time.

Yeah, this scenario is one reason to go OMAD, but in a country which very rich in root crops rice is not a problem, there're a lot of alternative food to replace rice. I think corn and sweet potato is better than to rice.
OMAD will trully help both in saving money and to be healthy. And I also agree that root crops,specially sweet potato is better than rice. It has a lot of health benefits.

And compared to rice, these root crops are able to eat without anything, unlike to rice that you need some dish. Some of the diet programs also introduced the no rice diet which somehow helps them to stay fit.
Oh yeah, right, there is a need for some dish when eating rice while root crops doesn't. And by this we can also save money. But my concern is if eating root crops enough for the ones only meal of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.