Rice coffee for carbs

Rice coffee is a traditional drink in the rural areas here. It is made of rice which is roasted in a pan. The rice is the ordinary rice that you eat. After roasting and getting that desired brown color, grind the so it becomes powder. To drink like coffee, boiling water is poured on the rice then stirring with sugar will give it a semblance of real coffee. The health benefit of rice coffee is that it has no caffeine unlike coffee and it also has carbohydrates for the energy that you need for the day.

This actually sounds like a very interesting concept! As someone who has a diet loaded with rice, I’m always interested in seeing what other potential rice holds. Honestly never heard of or even expected the possibility of rice coffee, but it’s a welcome surprise. I’ve been looking into caffeine free alternative drinks besides just herbal tea, so I’ll add this to my list of things to try out. I’ve also been looking into trying out roasted dandelion root as well as chicory coffee.

It was said that during hard times like when there's food shortages due to natural calamities and wars. When there's a shortage on coffee, people in the Philippines would roast rice until burnt or dark brown in color and they would boil it to produce rice coffee. I have tried this in the province and it's quite good, it's lighter than coffee and it has a not so powerful taste, it's milder than coffee.

I have never heard of rice coffee, but I think that it would be a great idea. We have something similar here in the United States, but it is roasted from wheat, or other grains, instead of rice. One brand that has been around for many years is called Postum, but there are quite a few other similar coffee-flavor drinks. The Postum only has a few calories, and 1 carb, so I think that it could even be used (in moderation, of course) during the hours that we are fasting.
I actually tried making the dandelion root coffee, @DenisP . It is a lot of work for just a tiny bit of coffee drink. I had to dig the dandelions, clean and chop the roots, and then roast and grind them in the blender cup. I spent most of an afternoon doing all of this, and ended up with less than a half cup of grounds when I was done. The roots really shrink when being roasted !
I ended up adding it to some coffee that I had, and it did add a good flavor, but I think that roasting rice or grains would be simpler.
Do you make this drink often, @Corzhens , and do you mix it with regular coffee, or drink it straight ?

I'm not too sure about this. I think it does sound delicious but from what I know, especially being on the OMAD diet, drinking regular coffee and just dealing with the caffeine seems to be the better choice as opposed to ingesting even more carbohydrates. I guess if you have it with your regular meal it won't make much of a difference, but I've read a lot of comments here that people drink their coffee in the morning without sugar so they can get a non caloric source of energy before their meal in the afternoon.

Rice coffee doesn’t cause acid reflux this is why it's far great to the stomach, is gluten-free and has a totally low-calorie hit. Even though rice coffee does not offer you the satisfaction that you can get out of your regular coffee beans, however it can be a replacement in case you ran out of coffee.

I never could imagine that such coffee actually exists. Your thread made me want to google it. So let me get this straight, after you pour in the water does the rice stay or you remove it eventually?