restarting OMAD after weight regain

Hello people,I am Sel.I am 20 years old.So,before 6 month I found OMAD surfing on the internet. I decided to try it out because I was desperate.I have never stayed on a diet more than 3 days,but I stayed on omad for a month.It wasnt that hard for me because I was really excited to see if I can succeed.At the end of the month I lost 12 pounds,I went from 154 to 142 lbs.I was extremelyyyy happy and then came all the comments telling me I have lost weight and I was so proud of myself and wanted to reach my goal(121lbs).But just on the day I weighed myself I ate late night snack telling myself 'I deserve it'.Then sixth month later I found myself 168 pounds,14 pounds heavier than when I started.Just as the compliments came the comments "You gained weight"....I hated myself,I wanted to hide.I wished I hadn't lost the weight in the first place,at least I wouldn't have been the center of attention when I gained it back and more............I decided I needed to change this,for real commit to my plan this time.Today is my 5th day of omad,and I really resisted the voice that told me to give up on the 2nd and 3rd day and I am feeling great.I hope some of you can relate to regaining weight issues and I would love it if you could post your stories to let me know I am not alone.

It's toughI I can relate to your feelings! Myself I was doing OMAD and lost quite a lot of weight and belly fat, but after few years it slowly regained itself. I'm gonna enter OMAD again pretty soon.

I understand completely. I've been overweight since my early 20's, gaining a bunch of weight after moving out of my parents and going to college, crazy work hours, having children, etc. I piled on about 75+ lbs. in 10 years. About 7 years ago, I heard about a program called p90x. A friend at work had purchased it and as I sat up late after work one night, eating junk food and watching the informercial for it. I decided, I can do this! I convinced my husband to buy it for me and I started it. I was used to working out, I had been an athlete in high school and did softball/soccer/track. Followed the diet plan to the letter, only cheating once that I can recall. I went through 2 rounds of the exercise program and lost 70 lbs. I was so happy and felt great. Then life caught up with me, raising children, hectic work schedule, late night eating with friends and family. I started drinking late night and then started snacking again. Before I knew it, I had gained back all the weight plus another 10-15 lbs. I was very depressed, lost interest in a lot of things that I once loved to do. I did not want to do all that hard work again to lose weight again. After trying several things to lose/gain 20-30 lbs. here and there, joining the gym, no sugar, low sugar, low carb, no carb, diet drinks, juicing, etc. I got an answer through prayer. I needed to change my eating habits, not my exercise routine. I stumbled on OMAD purely through Jesus. I started watching before and after vids on you tube. I knew this would work. I started and failed miserably at first. I ate 2/day plus having a cup of coffee in the morning. I pushed back to 1 meal/day plus a cup of coffee in the morning. Now, I'm starting to lose interest in my morning cup of coffee and have made it through two weeks. It's been a total of 5 weeks to get me here. I am seeing results and I don't feel like crap anymore, so that is a bonus. I've decided not to weigh myself and just go by clothing sizes. My clothes fit looser and I have more energy. I am thinking that this will be my way of life going forward. Eating once a day has made me look at my unhealthy habits and figure out why I was eating what I was and it is showing me how much easier it is to love yourself rather than stuff yourself as a way to hide. Just take it a day at a time and if you mess up, keep going. Everyone messes up, it's how we handle it that makes us or breaks us.

Hello people,I am Sel.I am 20 years old.So,before 6 month I found OMAD surfing on the internet. I decided to try it out because I was desperate.I have never stayed on a diet more than 3 days,but I stayed on omad for a month.It wasnt that hard for me because I was really excited to see if I can succeed.At the end of the month I lost 12 pounds,I went from 154 to 142 lbs.I was extremelyyyy happy and then came all the comments telling me I have lost weight and I was so proud of myself and wanted to reach my goal(121lbs).But just on the day I weighed myself I ate late night snack telling myself 'I deserve it'.Then sixth month later I found myself 168 pounds,14 pounds heavier than when I started.Just as the compliments came the comments "You gained weight"....I hated myself,I wanted to hide.I wished I hadn't lost the weight in the first place,at least I wouldn't have been the center of attention when I gained it back and more............I decided I needed to change this,for real commit to my plan this time.Today is my 5th day of omad,and I really resisted the voice that told me to give up on the 2nd and 3rd day and I am feeling great.I hope some of you can relate to regaining weight issues and I would love it if you could post your stories to let me know I am not alone.
Same here Sel,
I started loosing weight with a trainer and everyone at work started telling me how small I was getting. I started to think that I could start celebrating my weight loss with a cheesecake here, a burrito there and before I knew it I went from 219 pounds to 240 pounds in the blink of an eye. The compliments stopped and I went through the darkest two months of my life calling myself fat and ugly everyday. I found OMAD shortly after that and started doing the work to shake off those feelings of worthlessness. You will do great! I will be here to cheer you on!

The roller coaster of weight loss, I am still on this and I am determined to make this my last ride on the blasted thing. just this year I went from 465 to 420 back up to 463 now I am back down to 451. It is so easy to get down on yourself, we are are own worse critics. the key is to never give up and keep at it. I wish I has the story that I kept at it and now look at me but alas I am still in the same fight as you but this forum is filled with people who have broken though and broken that roller coaster and I firmly believe in time with effort you and I will as well.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
The roller coaster of weight loss, I am still on this and I am determined to make this my last ride on the blasted thing. just this year I went from 465 to 420 back up to 463 now I am back down to 451. It is so easy to get down on yourself, we are are own worse critics. the key is to never give up and keep at it. I wish I has the story that I kept at it and now look at me but alas I am still in the same fight as you but this forum is filled with people who have broken though and broken that roller coaster and I firmly believe in time with effort you and I will as well.

I couldn't have said this better myself. You have the right attitude @sabrath and I can't wait to hear when you achieve your goals.