Rest and digest

For me the evening is the best time to have my one big meal,

I feel I have it at noon then I want to got to o sleep in the hours that follow.

It straight away but at least a few hours after a big nutritious meal, it’s idea to go to sleep while your body processes all that food through you.

Food never really goes in you, it just goes through you, and it’s a lot of work to push it through you. If you are running around then your not absorbing it as well as you could.

Rest and digest

I agree. I also have my one big meal in the evening. I just find it better that way. Even when I was not doing OMAD, I could miss breakfast and lunch, but never dinner. It's also is easier to stay on it and maintain it if your eating in the evening when everyone else is eating, otherwise it gets really tempting to break your fast. I don't know many people who can see food and keep resisting it. I'm not sure about the food digesting better, as far as I know the further you eat from bedtime the better for your digestion. For rest and digest eating at lunch may be better.

I agree. I also have my one big meal in the evening. I just find it better that way. Even when I was not doing OMAD, I could miss breakfast and lunch, but never dinner. It's also is easier to stay on it and maintain it if your eating in the evening when everyone else is eating, otherwise it gets really tempting to break your fast. I don't know many people who can see food and keep resisting it. I'm not sure about the food digesting better, as far as I know the further you eat from bedtime the better for your digestion. For rest and digest eating at lunch may be better.

Does anybody else know how long it takes to process your meal?

I think as long as you eat a few hours before going to sleep it ok, but you shouldn't eat just before going to sleep.

But as long as the first part of the digestion process is done before you go to sleep, then the rest of it, pushing it through you bowels is done when you sleeping

And far better than at midday if you are not able to rest in the afternoon like you can in the eve
And for me, it is better that I eat 2-3hours before I sleep than longer hours since there will be the tendency that I will wake up in the middle of the night because of hunger.

Wel yeah, the body usually need time for the digestive process to take place, hence why after a big meal you feel tired, that's the way your body tells you to rest for a while and not to anything that coudl affect the whole process and make you sick by interrupting it.

I prefer having one meal in the evening too. Why? Because I work at a graveyard shift and I can barely focus at work if I haven't eaten dinner. The food I eat during dinner will be used for the rest of my shift.

I usually take my one meal a day at 3 pm because this would give my body time to absorb and digest all the food, than eating it at night, a few hours before bedtime.

I've heard that eating a lot of food before going to sleep is fattening and has some health risks, is this true?

My eating window is 3-7

I useually eat around from 5-6

If I'm earlier than this then I get very hungry again before I go to sleep.
My one question is, does the body still work at pushin that food through you while you sleep?

I typically try to eat my one meal around 3:00 PM, and I've noticed a lot of people here do as well. I find it to be the perfect time because by around 3:00-4:00 PM I've usually wrapped up all of my physical work for the day, and I can focus on just getting a good meal in me and letting it process.

I don't like to eat when I'm expecting to do physical work, because I tend to feel nauseous if the food isn't digested yet. It also works for me because I don't feel hungry throughout the day, but by the time I've finished work, I'm starving.

Then, I have my meal, and by the time it's digested I'm ready to go to bed, so no heartburn in the morning. It's the sweet spot.

For me I prefer to eat closer to the middle of the day. Eating too close to when I go to sleep isn't ideal for me. In fact, it's actually how sumo wrestlers gain their weight. They eat large quantities, and then sleep right after - so that the body stores it rather than burning it off.

I will agree with you,I love to rest as well after a heavy meal of the day which is mostly in the evenings that way my body will have to just deal with digestion and don't get fatigue by multitasking again after a meal. Yes it great to relax or rest after eating.

For me breakfast and lunch are most important.Most of the time I never eat dinner because it's hard for me to sleep during bedtime. Although I feel little bit hungry,from many times I'm doing this my stomach never pains.And every time I woke up I'm still have an energy to do my morning exercise.

Well, I think if you're not doing anything during the whole day, much better to eat at night and sleep after. But for me, I think it's not necessary because I need energy during the whole day for my work. I feel empty if I don't eat at lunch. Lunch for me is the important meal, because I don't eat breakfast, and at night after work, all I want to do is to sleep.

I typically try to eat my one meal around 3:00 PM, and I've noticed a lot of people here do as well. I find it to be the perfect time because by around 3:00-4:00 PM I've usually wrapped up all of my physical work for the day, and I can focus on just getting a good meal in me and letting it process.

I don't like to eat when I'm expecting to do physical work, because I tend to feel nauseous if the food isn't digested yet. It also works for me because I don't feel hungry throughout the day, but by the time I've finished work, I'm starving.

Then, I have my meal, and by the time it's digested I'm ready to go to bed, so no heartburn in the morning. It's the sweet spot.

I agree but for me 3pm is too early, because by 6-7pm I'm soooooo hungry again and surrounded by temptation

So 5pm is my sweet spot, still enough time to rest and digest before sleeping

Well, I think if you're not doing anything during the whole day, much better to eat at night and sleep after. But for me, I think it's not necessary because I need energy during the whole day for my work. I feel empty if I don't eat at lunch. Lunch for me is the important meal, because I don't eat breakfast, and at night after work, all I want to do is to sleep.

You need energy so you should have an empty stomach.

This is the main misinception that food gives you energy right away. It doesn't. In fact the opposite is true.

Food takes energy to digest and process.

This is why I like evening around 5pm to have my one plate one drink meal. Then a good few hours to rest and digest going to sleep around 10pm.

Once the first part of the digestion process has been done the food you eat still travels through you while you sleep, even in deep sleep it carries on its pathway to your rear end.

I wake up about 6am, get the kids ready for school and get ready for work myself, I then have a good bowel movement around 7ish every morning, this was last nights one meal.

THen I feel clean and empty and refreshed and full of energy

Most people today are full of crap. Literally full of poo. This is not good for you.

If you are on OMAD and do it correctly then you can get rid of al your poo inside you in the morning so you can feel so much better throughout the day.

I also loop al my urine drinking it again and again, round and round it goes getting cleaner ever time you loop it.

You need energy so you should have an empty stomach.

This is the main misinception that food gives you energy right away. It doesn't. In fact the opposite is true.

Food takes energy to digest and process.

This is why I like evening around 5pm to have my one plate one drink meal. Then a good few hours to rest and digest going to sleep around 10pm.

Once the first part of the digestion process has been done the food you eat still travels through you while you sleep, even in deep sleep it carries on its pathway to your rear end.

I wake up about 6am, get the kids ready for school and get ready for work myself, I then have a good bowel movement around 7ish every morning, this was last nights one meal.

THen I feel clean and empty and refreshed and full of energy

Most people today are full of crap. Literally full of poo. This is not good for you.

If you are on OMAD and do it correctly then you can get rid of al your poo inside you in the morning so you can feel so much better throughout the day.

I also loop al my urine drinking it again and again, round and round it goes getting cleaner ever time you loop it.

I'm not fully doing this OMAD program and I'm still in the process of understanding this, but yeah, I did that, OMAD and decided to eat during lunch. My body still not recognize this diet and still expecting for foods that's why I decided to eat at the middle of the day, and wow, you really drinking your own urine?

It still depends on what works for each individual. For me I like to have my meal in the middle of waking up and sleeping, which is usually around 2-3 pm.

I also have my meals near night time but mostly just because I find it easier to manage my hunger during the daytime because I feel like once I start eating, I will begin to crave more food later in the day and if I'm already nearly going into rest then I have less to worry about in terms of having to deal with cravings and hunger. Thanks for sharing the information because it's good to know that there are other benefits to this type of routine as well. I did hear that it takes a lot of energy to digest food and I think this is why people feel sluggish after a big meal. I once thought that eating later in the day was worse because you don't have much time to burn it off, but I suppose if you are eating only once a day then the idea is you'd have less to burn off anyway.