Reporting the effect of 1 1/2 months on 'non'-Keto OMAD, and breaking it.

I've long been a one main meal a day person, but I've grazed on snacks and drunk sweetened coffee and the like the rest of the day, so I was never getting the actual benefit of the 23/1 intermittent fasting. A few months ago I cut out the snacks and a month and a half ago I cut out the coffee, replacing it with unsweetened tea. I have not as yet gone keto, as I am eating my existing reservoir of food first. (I'm too poor to afford discarding it.)

Prior to going properly OMAD, I had several health issues. Not all of them have been addressed by OMAD. I expect going Keto will fix much. That is coming soon. I am happy to report however that OMAD alone, the 23 hours of fasting, even with eating a carb diet, did address a couple of things that surprised me.

I used to have a fairly serious acid reflux problem. It was perfectly normal for me to drop two or three antacids over the course of a day. I haven't so much as touched the bottle of antacids since I've gone OMAD. My acid reflux is completely gone while OMAD!

The other thing that has improved a lot is my sleep. It used to be perfectly normal for me to wake several times a night, essentially waking up between each sleep cycle. Fortunately I rarely had too much problem getting back to sleep, but my normal sleep back when was typically about five and a half hours of broken sleep. For the last month and a half, my normal sleep is seven hours, and if I wake at all, it is once to urinate. Most nights I sleep the whole night through.

Yesterday, I cheated. There was this rogue piece of pie that was going to go bad if I didn't eat it. It was rhubarb pie. I've been wanting something rhubarb literally for decades for nostalgic reasons from my youth. I succumbed to temptation and had that very sweet pie six hours after my meal. Yesterday, I needed the antacid. Last night was five and a half hours of broken sleep.

It sounds like the intermittent fasting has really been helping you, even with the small snacks and not doing keto. I am interested that it also helps your acid reflux situation.
I have a friend who has that kind of a problem, and she said that her doctor gives her Prilosec, which dilutes her digestive acids. However, then her food just sits in her stomach because it does not digest.
She eats a lot of acid-based foods, like bread and sweets, which I believe does not help her situation at all; but it sounds like you are improving even with cutting down on part of the sweets and snacks.
I have mentioned to her to try an alkaline diet; but she does not like vegetables; so I doubt that she will change her way of eating, even if it would help her.