Quitting and re-starting omad

I am posting this discussion based on my experience with the “after six” diet. When my hunger pangs would beat me, I would take a snack before bedtime and that clearly was quitting the diet. But after a few days, I would again start the said diet. In short, I was flip-flopping and my sister said that it is not good for it was like playing with my appetite. What if I lose my appetite permanently? That scared me so now I am careful in starting a new diet again. With OMAD, what is the repercussion or bad effect if it is discontinued and re-started again?

I have also done IF which is much closer to the after six diet and what I found out was that OMAD is easier to control than eating twice a day because I think you don't have to deal with sugar spikes as much so you don't get cravings as strong as when you eat twice a day. I eat at 3pm with a one hour window and I don't get nearly as hungry as I did when I ate within a 4 hour window, I think because I don't have as much carbohydrates in me which trigger the hunger or craving spikes as much.

Right now I'm eating a huge meal finishing half of it and eating the other half after 2 hours, I eat my first half meal at 3 pm and the second half at 5 pm. Doing this would make all my midnight food cravings dissapear.

This is the greatest advantage of OMAD in my opinion you can stop it and restart it anytime you want with no problem. In fact I think this makes it more effective in the long run. I think staying on it to long can exhaust your metabolism. The problem you would have is maintaining your weight so maybe you might have to keep it up a couple of times a week to make sure that you don't regain any weight. I also think that you have to get used to fasting so trying to adopt to it again will also be hard.

This is the greatest advantage of OMAD in my opinion you can stop it and restart it anytime you want with no problem. In fact I think this makes it more effective in the long run. I think staying on it to long can exhaust your metabolism. The problem you would have is maintaining your weight so maybe you might have to keep it up a couple of times a week to make sure that you don't regain any weight. I also think that you have to get used to fasting so trying to adopt to it again will also be hard.

I agree it's up to the person's determination and focus if he would fall into temptation and stop his OMAD and restarting it whenever his ready to try it again. Try and try until you succeed right?