1/2 can drained & rinsed chickpeas
some cherry tomatoes, sliced/chopped
some Brussels sprouts, sliced and microwaved with a little water for 3 mins
1/2 avocado
1 lime
1/2 lemon
garlic salt
nooch/nutritional yeast opt.

In a mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, garlic salt.

In a large bowl, put spinach in the bottom of bowl. Squeeze 1/2 a lemon on it. Add sticky rice and squeeze 1 lime juice on it. Add Brussels sprouts, squeeze lemon on them. Add chickpeas & tomato mix, avocado, and sliced banana. Top with nutritional yeast if desired.

Very yummy.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good! I think I'm gonna try this myself! Would you suggest anything or did everything turn out great?

Sounds good! I think I'm gonna try this myself! Would you suggest anything or did everything turn out great?

A Buddha Bowl is a grain, a green, and a bean, so you can make it up with your favorites of those three. I really like the lime juice and lemon juice addition, it "makes the bowl" -- along with the slices of avocado...and the sliced bananas strangely go really well with the chickpeas too. Also, I keep forgetting the nutritional yeast but I think it would be yummy on the chickpeas. It's a strange combo but I really like it. What's nice about Buddha Bowls is you can experiment with them and get them exactly how you, personally, like them. They are also very healthy with lots of vitamins, minerals, nutrition, fiber. :)

How interesting, and the combination seems reasonable, too. My salads are somewhat similar because I use greens and beans, and i have sometimes added cooked rice to the salad, too. Sometimes, I add lentils, either cooked or just sprouted. That is not the same as a grain, but it is not exactly a bean either.
Having a banana on top sounds like an interesting variation ! How much rice do you use ?

How interesting, and the combination seems reasonable, too. My salads are somewhat similar because I use greens and beans, and i have sometimes added cooked rice to the salad, too. Sometimes, I add lentils, either cooked or just sprouted. That is not the same as a grain, but it is not exactly a bean either.
Having a banana on top sounds like an interesting variation ! How much rice do you use ?

The rice comes in a container and you heat it up in the microwave in 1 1/2 minutes. It's 7.4 oz or 210 grams of rice. Sounds like you have sometimes been making Buddha bowls but not realizing it! I think the grains and greens make the whole salad or Buddha bowl satisfying. If I were using lentils, I'd count them as a bean. And the sliced banana really does add a nice sweetness to the bowl.