One of the hidden downsides of OMAD/Keto they don't tell you about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is frequently quite warm in my home. When without company, I will usually walk around in just shorts. My shorts are very comfortable, without needing a belt. They stay in place simply by gently hugging my belly.

Now with Keto and OMAD, I am constantly pulling my shorts up! Worse, if I'm not careful, my shorts can drop to the floor completely! (Good thing I have a tee shirt on with company to help keep them up.) If this keeps up, my beloved shorts will have to be replaced!

WOW ! That IS a serious side effect of the OMAD/keto lifestyle, for sure. I guess we should all go out and buy some kind of a bathrobe with an adjustable belt, so we can wear it when we might have company. Maybe some smaller shorts, as well .........on our way to a fun shopping experience !
Seriously, that is great news, @Panpiper , and congratulations are in order.

Hi, @Pumkin , and welcome to the OMAD forum ! Glad to have you with us, and looking forward to hearing how you are doing with OMAD so far. Are you a newcomer to this way of eating, or have you been doing intermittent fasting and OMAD for a while now ?
There is a lot of helpful information on the main page of this website that Jimmy has organized into his blog, and you can find out just about anything that you want to know about getting started with OMAD when you read through what he has posted there.

I always look out for this downside of OMAD weekly.i need to get some clothes replacement weekly.Yes,I wouldn't mind the hassle it wouldn't weigh me down since it a good one congrats on your own positive effect Lol.Looking forward to more of mine too.

It is frequently quite warm in my home. When without company, I will usually walk around in just shorts. My shorts are very comfortable, without needing a belt. They stay in place simply by gently hugging my belly.

Now with Keto and OMAD, I am constantly pulling my shorts up! Worse, if I'm not careful, my shorts can drop to the floor completely! (Good thing I have a tee shirt on with company to help keep them up.) If this keeps up, my beloved shorts will have to be replaced!
You are well off with the shorts pal. My belly used to push my T-shirt out but now it is almost flat. My T-shirt is drooping down unlike before.

All these are positive and not negative. You are doing fine.

I’ve actually encountered this problem as well, and it’s really starting to take a heavy toll on my lifestyle. I like to wear my pajamas around the house as it’s the most comfortable option, but they’re all fitted with rubber waistbands.

All my pajama pants used to fit snuggly around my waist, but recently I’ve been having to pull my pants up! One time I was going downstairs and they fell right down!

Oh, the humanity. They really should warn people about these hidden dangers.

I always look out for this downside of OMAD weekly.i need to get some clothes replacement weekly.Yes,I wouldn't mind the hassle it wouldn't weigh me down since it a good one congrats on your own positive effect Lol.Looking forward to more of mine too.
This is a downside that indicates progress on the main and as such a positive sign indicating that all the effort that you have been applying has not gone to waste. There are results which are visible from the comment and if I were you I would share more of such stories since they are encouraging to the rest of the gang that are struggling to lose some.

This is a downside that indicates progress on the main and as such a positive sign indicating that all the effort that you have been applying has not gone to waste. There are results which are visible from the comment and if I were you I would share more of such stories since they are encouraging to the rest of the gang that are struggling to lose some.
Yea,that's what I meant downside but in positive way. Nothing gives me joy when I realize that my new small shirt fits me so well,not tight any longer I know the downside of OMAD is here Lol.OMAD is worth every bit of doing and it cost effective too.

Haha, you are quite a funny fellow. This issue which you considered to be a serious problem for you is what most people are praying for. If you know how much work most people put in to lose weight, you would be very happy OMAD have done such for you already.

Anyways, about your beloved short, you can easily buy a waist belt and use it to tie it firmly on your waist.

Honestly, this really cracked me up! I don't think that it is a downside as it shows that you are getting the results of doing Omad. I have replaced some of the clothes that I used to wear then when I was fat a bit all because doing Omad has helped me to look better in shape.

Honestly, this really cracked me up! I don't think that it is a downside as it shows that you are getting the results of doing Omad. I have replaced some of the clothes that I used to wear then when I was fat a bit all because doing Omad has helped me to look better in shape.
True. I also don't see this as a very serious problem, but instead a positive effect of OMAD diet to one's body. After all, it's much easier to purchase new clothes than to shred some unhealthy body fats.

I do enjoy having a tighter waistline because of doing OMAD but mostly even before I started losing weight, what I really valued was the feeling of lightness and to me that was enough of a benefit to realize that I was on the right path and I should stick with it. Of course, losing the weight and seeing my clothes get looser is a huge reward as well, but even before I started seeing results I could already feel the evidence that this diet was working.

Yea,that's what I meant downside but in positive way. Nothing gives me joy when I realize that my new small shirt fits me so well,not tight any longer I know the downside of OMAD is here Lol.OMAD is worth every bit of doing and it cost effective too.
Hahahaha you can talk about the cost-effectiveness some more my friend as it is a welcome gospel. I find the post encouraging since I also have some trousers from my past that are thin and I would really love to wear them again. I can't even hide my joy if I were to wear with a belt when they become too loose.

Hahahaha you can talk about the cost-effectiveness some more my friend as it is a welcome gospel. I find the post encouraging since I also have some trousers from my past that are thin and I would really love to wear them again. I can't even hide my joy if I were to wear with a belt when they become too loose.
Everything is possible with a determined mind.we just have to set our minds to achieve it.OMAD is really cost effective because we need to spend less money preparing meals,less energy and cleaning time,buying smaller sizes of clothes are way cheaper and as you rightly stated we can even go back to our old clothes we might have dumped due to our expansion.it like a win win situation.

It's a good thing your having a problem like that. I once experienced that after 5 months of doing Omad. My denims and shorts start to fall. I really lose lots of pounds thanks because of Omad.

Reading and learning about KETO and OMAD for the past 24 hours, I was surpirsed to see this in a forum. This is a smart thread, eye-catching and hilarious, and at the same time very inspiring. I hope to have that side effect as soon as possible, too!

I was looking at reading something like if there was a very serious side effects of OMAD but it was just to make a little fun of the matter because I'm absolutely sure that his situation is what most people on OMAD are dying to have.

He may be serious about the cloth but it's not something we should be alarmed for as it's not a bad one generally.

Best side effect I've ever heard of. The thing with OMAD is you loose weight really fast. Starting is not easy and its kind of struggle, but it's all worth it when you wake up one morning and look in the mirror and realize that your clothes are too big for you. Your trousers are falling off and you have to go clothes shopping. The strange thing is that this happens while you are not looking. I think with OMAD you loose weight literally every hour.

Everything is possible with a determined mind.we just have to set our minds to achieve it.OMAD is really cost effective because we need to spend less money preparing meals,less energy and cleaning time,buying smaller sizes of clothes are way cheaper and as you rightly stated we can even go back to our old clothes we might have dumped due to our expansion.it like a win win situation.
You do not even have to think of the time that you have to buy small trousers, shirts or other clothes since you have the opportunity of wearing the old ones that became too small for you. There is always some joy in getting to wear something that you had to dum since it was too much strain to wear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.