One egg a day diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe in one egg diet a day plan? Is it good for our health to eat only boiled egg?
This diet for me is not safe as you will be eating only one egg. Our body needs different nutrients from different sources like food.
If you tried it,kindly share if its really effective.

Never tried it but my friend who always at the gym use that diet. I can see no negative side effect for that. I think It is okay if you just want to eat without gaining weight.

This diet is not for me as well, first I do not like boiled eggs, the second I think that eating an egg a day will hurt my liver. I prefer to eat salads instead of eggs.

I never tried that kind of diet before. But I think it's not healthy to just eat only one egg a day, I mean that's like gassing up a liter of petrol for a 50 kilometer ride. I mean sure you can survive for a day or 2 but not consistently for weeks. You got to eat more or your body would stall.

I try to do it. One egg a day diet. For just two days of doing it, I think I almost fainted. I think it will not go well with Omad. Maybe for two meals a day kind of diet, one regular and one egg.

My eldest son is doing this one egg a day for breakfast coupled with some exercise routine in the early morning. It has made him healthy slim and he tells me he feels good about his present state of health. But I can see he has really become slim and I just can't imagine myself to be that kind of slim. I want to maintain my body weight suited for my age and no less or no more.

I don’t think this radical diet is good for the body because it is similar to fasting. Although I understand that the egg is a complete meal, still it is not sufficient to be the sustenance for 1 day. Maybe even 2 or 3 eggs a day is not good either because it can make the body very weak not only with hunger but also due to the lack of nutrients. My suggestion is to eat the egg with steamed rice to at least give some heavy feeling for the tummy. The rice will take care of hunger for a longer time.

Never heard of it or tried it, but I really am not a fan of eggs at all - hate the taste, hate the smell! This definitely wouldn't be a diet that I could handle if all you could eat was eggs!

I think it's not for me, although eggs are healthy and pretty much a good source of protein i think egg alone is not complete to make your body compensate the daily nutrients.

I think it will help in losing weight but it will be at the expense of your health. I did try eating boiled egg as substitute instead of eating rice meals. But there should be other sources of nutrients and protein to get you through the day.

I am totally against this idea. I am always open to trying new staff but I think eating like that can only get me through several hours. There is no way I can be able to sustain that for a day, week and even month.
My honest views.

While eggs are nutritious, it's not enough for all your nutrition needs and I actually don't know anyone who has this kind of diet. It doesn't seem feasible in the long run as well.

Supposedly we still have a lot of nutrients and energy stored in our body in the form of fat so if I'm not mistaken the idea that we need daily nutrients has been debunked as long as we still have fat stored and aren't tapping into it. I'm no doctor so that may be wrong or I may have misunderstood it, but I think that's also part of what has made people more aware of diets like keto and OMAD so I think it's probably okay to just eat an egg a day if you can handle it.

Taking an egg per day is not the best thing to do when we are talking about dieting. The thing is that you will be doing a whole lot when you mix it other quality food as well as fruits in order to have the required nutrients.

While eggs are nutritious, it's not enough for all your nutrition needs and I actually don't know anyone who has this kind of diet. It doesn't seem feasible in the long run as well.

I kinda of agree with you that in the long run, this type of dieting is not sustainable. I mean that such persons are going to lose a whole lot of things when it comes to that body structure that they desire.

There's is no way I would survive one egg a day. One is just not enough to get you through the whole day. This diet would definitely make you feel weaker since you wont have energy to do stuff.

This is extreme for me though I have heard about it from my gym instructor but I think it wouldn't go down well with my body,OMAD is better and I'm doing well it and I will concentrate on it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.