OMAD question: You Eat Based On Nutrition or Delicasy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So It Is One Meal A Day(OMAD)?
2910261.jpeg

One of the best dieting strategy may be OMAD. This is due to the fact that we eat more junk food than nutritional foods. If one has to eat One Meal A Day then they have to watch the nutritional value of the food they eat.

Food Eaten For Nutrition

Most probably you have come across food that does not look appealing to the eye. The food may not have a good taste either. Yet the nutritional value of the food is high. Balut is mostly consumed in the Philippines and other Asian countries. It is made from duck eggs incubated for 17 to 18 days. Balut may be eaten raw or boiled. Many may shun the food as a street delicacy and poor man's food but it is very nutritious. It is believed to increase libido.

Thorn melon is another fruit that looks scary with its horns. Its taste may not also be very mouth watering. Yet the thorn melon has great nutrients. It has vitamins A, E and many others. There are minerals which assist the body in a great way too. Yet the thorn melon is not liked so much.

Junk food

Many people will prefer to eat due to its sweet taste. Deliciousness becomes the criteria to choose such foods. French fries is a delicasy of many people around the world. It happens to be an office food and is normally grabbed for lunch by many. It just contains much fat and carbohydrates and is not nutritious.

Soda is also another commodity that is enjoyed all over. Soda contains about 12 table spoons of sugar which is in excess of the sugar needed by the body. Yet consumption of Soda is on the increase.

Diseases

We have drastically interfered by our immunity to diseases by the food we eat. We have interfered with the metabolism of the body and we are to blame. Cancer, High Blood Pressure and other diseases have found homes in our bodies. Most people are living corpses. They have booked a ticket for death by their eating habits.

Meat

Meat in our diet is not an option but a must. The human dental formula was not for humans to take meat. Most meat particles stick in gaps between our teeth. They may mostly decay there as most brushes cannot penetrate there. In other times we are forced to use toothpick to remove the meat. The toothpick does not only pick the meat but also picks some tooth particles. The dents formed become cavities finally destroying our teeth.

Red meat is also not good for health too. It takes a longer time to digest and soon becomes poison to the body.

For heart disease, the answer is pretty clear. Some red meats are high in saturated fat, which raisesbloodcholesterol. High levels ofLDL cholesterol increase the risk ofheart disease.
When it comes to cancer, the answer is not so clear. Many researchers say it does raise the risk, especially for colorectal cancer.
A recent National Institutes of Health-AARP study of more than a half-million older Americans concluded that people who ate the most red meat and processed meat over a 10-year-period were likely to die sooner than those who ate smaller amounts. Those who ate about 4 ounces of red meat a day were more likely to die of cancer orheart disease than those who ate the least, about a half-ounce a day. Epidemiologists classified the increased risk as “modest” in the study. https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/the-truth-about-red-meat

I agree with all the things mentioned in this article. I myself is one of those persons who eat based on the appearance and the taste, but I changed a lot. Before I don't eat vegetables because they don't taste good based on my taste bud's standard, however when I realized the nutritional benefits of vegetables I slowly started eating some mixed with meat and now I'm proud to say that I can eat vegetables and I love it.

In my opinion one must always eat good nutritious food as well as a balance diet. Our body needs the nutritional benefits from the 4 basic food groups which are:
Fruits
Protein
Vegetables
Grains

Which gives us the 7 nutrition groups which are:
Protein
Carbohydrates
Fat
Fibre
Vitamins
Minerals
Water

No single food group can give us a balance meal because in order to get the proper nutrition one must eat a meal which has all the 4 food groups.

I eat based on nutrition. I was on the slow carb diet which cuts out carbs and only allows beans and lentils. I switched to OMAD because OMAD is cheaper. I found that it is also more effective. I basically eat low carb for 5 days out of 7 days. If you can combine low carb and OMAD your supposed to get rapid results. So far for me so good. I try to get all my vitamins by eating lots and lost of different types of vegetables. I leave the delicacies for when I have my cheat day.

I try to make it balanced - nutrition that also tastes good! Just because a food is good for you, it doesn't mean that it has to be bland or unhealthy. I tend to turn to herbs and spices to season my food with, rather than using butters and oils, and I find that I still get to enjoy a tasty, flavorful meal but without the guilt!

The right way to eat of course is based on nutrition. But for people like me,who are too lazy to cook and to go buy. I eat based on what my fridge has. My mom is the one who buys groceries for me. She stock up my frigde good for few days. Anyways, Mom always buy nutrious foods.

I eat on this journey both nutritious and tasty meals. In life mist things we do need a balance. Nutrients from the foods is very important so as to help the body grow well but then again we need tasty and palatable meals to be able to eat to get the nutrients. So the two are needed seriously.

When I first started I pretty much just ate to be satisfied since I wanted to be able to deal with my cravings in the one meal I got each day, but now as the novelty of it wears off more and more I find myself focusing a lot more on the healthiness of what I'm eating, which is why I think this diet is great since when you only eat once a day you tend to be able to have an easier time imagining changing your diet in the future since you only have to deal with it once a day instead of thinking that you have to change three meals a day for life. Of course during cheat days I still indulge but I agree that meat and junk food really doesn't seem all that necessary to me now as it did with my previous routine.

The balut is a delicacy here and there are vendors all over town. It is the semi-hatched duck egg that is rich in protein. But not everyone relishes balut because it is scary to eat with that small duck inside. And the taste is not really delicious. When it comes to eating for nutrition, I still prefer the taste more than the nutrients that the food has. There is a saying that life is short so we may as well enjoy it. Food is one of the enjoyments in life.

I usually go for a combination of nutrition, taste, and price. There are days when I sacrifice the nutrition to go for a cheaper alternative, other days when I go for the more expensive but highly nutritious and good-tasting food, but most days I just go with something that's perfect for my budget, healthy and tastes good enough.

For me, I think depends on the taste. I don't push my self on foods that my taste buds can't even recognize. But I love to eat some exotic food even the insects from thailand. I'm not aware about the nutrition sometimes.

For the most part, I tend to eat for the sake of nutrition. While I think it’s important to try and strike a balance between nutrition and flavor, we should generally lean more towards the side of nutrition for the sake of our health. That being said, it doesn’t mean that you can’t make nutritious food tasty. The key is learning how to properly use spices and appropriately season everything you eat.

Just because something isn’t battered, deep fried, and smothered in chocolate doesn’t mean it can’t be tasty. Still, one day a week of battered, deep fried, chocolaty badness wouldn't hurt, hence the existence of cheat days.

Status
Not open for further replies.