OMAD helps with food addiction

Hi, everyone! I stumbled upon this OMAD website and community and I have to say, I am so grateful!

I have been experimenting with intermittent fasting for a while now and discovered that if I decrease my window to about 4 hours, I am most successful.

So, when the concept of only eating once per day was introduced to me through reading about OMAD, I thought, "why not?"

So, this is my 2nd day of OMAD. I, like others on here, love the feeling of clarity and empowerment being in the fasted state allows.

I am a food addict in that I sometimes compulsively eat when I am not hungry, bored, sad, frustrated, etc.

Knowing I am only going to eat once and in that meal I get to eat healthfully but also what I want, is a revelation to me.

It helps me to not deny myself during that meal (denying myself all the time is exhausting) while taking a break from food for the rest of the day.

If you think about it, having to eat multiple mini-meals per day, planning out what they are, shopping for them, prepping them, packing them for work, all while keeping my calories below about 1600 (my level to stay under to see the scale move), is exhausting, expensive, annoying, and provides way too much temptation to overeat and continue to be food-obsessed.

Refraining from eating outside of my food window allows me to not have to think about food. It allows me to shop and plan and pack and eat much less. It is much cheaper and much more simple.

So, I love this concept. And, I am so grateful I can give and receive support here plus get my questions answered.

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Thank you to Jimmy for getting this all started!

Welcome to the forum and yes you're on the right site where you will answers most of your questions. OMAD is a great diet which can help with cravings since you are mandated to eat once a day,so I will advice you stick to that and just discipline yourself to get ahead. You can start the journey and be updating us on the forum. Good luck

Hi, everyone! I stumbled upon this OMAD website and community and I have to say, I am so grateful!

I have been experimenting with intermittent fasting for a while now and discovered that if I decrease my window to about 4 hours, I am most successful.

So, when the concept of only eating once per day was introduced to me through reading about OMAD, I thought, "why not?"

So, this is my 2nd day of OMAD. I, like others on here, love the feeling of clarity and empowerment being in the fasted state allows.

I am a food addict in that I sometimes compulsively eat when I am not hungry, bored, sad, frustrated, etc.

Knowing I am only going to eat once and in that meal I get to eat healthfully but also what I want, is a revelation to me.

It helps me to not deny myself during that meal (denying myself all the time is exhausting) while taking a break from food for the rest of the day.

If you think about it, having to eat multiple mini-meals per day, planning out what they are, shopping for them, prepping them, packing them for work, all while keeping my calories below about 1600 (my level to stay under to see the scale move), is exhausting, expensive, annoying, and provides way too much temptation to overeat and continue to be food-obsessed.

Refraining from eating outside of my food window allows me to not have to think about food. It allows me to shop and plan and pack and eat much less. It is much cheaper and much more simple.

So, I love this concept. And, I am so grateful I can give and receive support here plus get my questions answered.

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Thank you to Jimmy for getting this all started!
I am a food addict myself big time!!! I used to binge badly ordering $100 worth of take out eat until it hurts …. cant buy food as weekly shopping otherwise will be in the fridge all day haha

back in 2008 I was 260lbs my heaviest started low carbs helped me a lot as a life style then dropped to 155lbs then back to 200lbs a yoyo since being an emotional eater

been on omad for 13 daysno work out but keto = no craving at all and drink coffee to help from 198lbs to 187lbs nearly 40inch waist to 33.6inch hips from 44inch to 41inch

if stating low carb first week will be hard I am hooked on carbs -bread pasta pastries- but removing bread pasta sweet just clean food makes it easier and keep 1 day in the week if you want where you can treat yourself

but I hear you food addiction is very hard to control especially when cravings are calling its like you have no control on it

Welcome to the group and this journey. OMAD is a God send honestly. I agree with you that it controls your addiction to food. You stop craving food, because your body gets used to eating at only a certain time. You also completely stop thinking about food. I have cheat days where I have two or three meals a day and I realize that I get hungrier and crave sweet things and foods that are generally not healthy for you. I would like to adopt this as a way of life, I think it does alot to control my eating.

This is my first weekend on OMAD at home. Did great at work this week. Finding myself feeling a little sluggish whereas at work I found I had more energy. Maybe it is because I am sitting around without as many projects to keep my mind on. Staying true, just find my brain messing with me a little. I will go wash clothes and find some things to do to keep me busy and away from the kitchen. Anyone go through his?

I agree, somehow diet or OMAD in particular helps your body in controlling food intake. Once your body has adjusted to the food limit, somehow the process become a standard. Therefore allowing your body to be contended with minimal foods.

I agree. One thing I was surprised by that I did not think of initially was that the type of food we eat would be easier to control if we were only worrying about it temptation one time a day instead of three or more. Back then I was thinking it might be nearly impossible for me to eat healthier but now that I'm just eating one day anyway I think it would be much easier to correct.

This is my first weekend on OMAD at home. Did great at work this week. Finding myself feeling a little sluggish whereas at work I found I had more energy. Maybe it is because I am sitting around without as many projects to keep my mind on. Staying true, just find my brain messing with me a little. I will go wash clothes and find some things to do to keep me busy and away from the kitchen. Anyone go through his?
YES!!
Being at work is much easier for me also. Last weekend was my first weekend on the plan and simply told my husband I was skipping lunch and would just eat supper. He was skeptical but I told him how much better I felt and that eating OMAD stopped my cravings for sugar and junk. He’s very supportive!
I also have to keep myself really busy at home because I also think about food more.
Good luck on your journey!

I am fortunate thought that I don't usually crave for food. I think I live by the maxim, "eat to live" and not "live to eat". However, even this is how my normal food intake is, I still gained weight especially after I reached the age of 30. Therefore, I still have to manage and control what I eat. I'm glad I learned about OMAD.

Thank you for posting about your indulgence with OMAD and I wish you luck that you can withstand the rigors of having only one meal in a day. This is actually an encouragement for hesitant dieters like me because I am afraid to start OMAD if I’m not sure that I can endure it for at least a month. I have tried some other diets before and I did not last for 2 weeks although I had lost some weight. I will be watching this thread for your development.

It is nice to have some reliable support like this from the internet to help me to control my cravings when it comes to eating. I usually spend most of my money to food and because of that, most of my friends told me that I'm getting fat. It's good that I found this, I've been able to control my cravings and realize that we should control our way of eating for a better life also to be fit.We should always remember to connect our healthy lifestyle for a healthy life.

Wow! I'm happy for you. It's such a blessing to have people learn valuable stuff in life here. I guess it has the power to shape us both literally and figuratively. :D

I am a food addict myself big time!!! I used to binge badly ordering $100 worth of take out eat until it hurts …. cant buy food as weekly shopping otherwise will be in the fridge all day haha

back in 2008 I was 260lbs my heaviest started low carbs helped me a lot as a life style then dropped to 155lbs then back to 200lbs a yoyo since being an emotional eater

been on omad for 13 daysno work out but keto = no craving at all and drink coffee to help from 198lbs to 187lbs nearly 40inch waist to 33.6inch hips from 44inch to 41inch

if stating low carb first week will be hard I am hooked on carbs -bread pasta pastries- but removing bread pasta sweet just clean food makes it easier and keep 1 day in the week if you want where you can treat yourself

but I hear you food addiction is very hard to control especially when cravings are calling its like you have no control on it

Me too. I used to eat a lot whenever I'm emotional. I drowned by sadness in unhealthy food. And it led to feeling sluggish and lethargic for the rest of the day. OMAD has greatly helped me avoid that cycle of overeating and regret. Cheers to us for making a better change. :D

Welcome to the group and this journey. OMAD is a God send honestly. I agree with you that it controls your addiction to food. You stop craving food, because your body gets used to eating at only a certain time. You also completely stop thinking about food. I have cheat days where I have two or three meals a day and I realize that I get hungrier and crave sweet things and foods that are generally not healthy for you. I would like to adopt this as a way of life, I think it does alot to control my eating.

I've had that as well. It's like a thing. So when I eat more than once, I immediately notice the craving for more. It's not a good sign. So I just stick to my OMAD routine as much as possible.

I guess it's always different when we're just starting out. I don't like this too. But it will eventually improve. Our body is just weird when it comes to adapting to new eating routines.

Welcome to the group! It really takes discipline when having this diet but the result is fulfilling, right?
I totally agree that it helps with food addiction but I salute you for pushing and controlling yourself. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

God Sent = I Agree