Omad - Hair loss

Hi all,

i m 39 always been in shape never above 15% body fat and decide to get into the OMAD diet after i tried fasting for 5 days (and still training high intensity which shouldn t have done vs low instensity to do full 7 days) after a personal event...

i started the OMAD since the 16/07 and i feel absolutely wonderful, in fact i never felt that good...i started for health reasons because of GERD and chronic pancreatitis...i wanted to put my organs at rest... since that day i did blood tests and my enzimes are absolutely back to normal, i still have reflux here and there...and last but not least i lost close to 13kg of bad weight...i still wear size L clothes but with way less body fat i might be around 9% body fat now! my energy levels are great i still go to the gym 2 times a day: 1 for 20mn cardio and 1 for weights & 20mn cardio 6 days a week...

Here is the bad news: I LOST some hair near the hairline like patches (holes)...nobody is balled in my family so it really stresses me and scares me...i started to supplement with electrolytes, multivitamin and cystin

i am going to the gp monday to get help and the fastest fix... has anyone experienced the same thing? any supplements you would recommend?

BUT THE MAIN QUESTION: are the hair regrowing when eating normally? i plan to eat 3 meals a day from 17th of september for at least a month...and then back to OMAD with the right supplementation from the get go...

well thanks to all for reading me... i Exchange your experiences vs my experience in weight loss...i can help maximize diet, exercise and right cardio to help fat loss...

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Adam and welcome to the Forums! We are very happy to have you!

There can be many reasons for hair loss. The reasons can be everything from a vitamin deficiency to an underlying health issue. Stress, lack of protein, and aging can also be causes of hair loss.

Hair Loss can come from a hormonal imbalance or malnutrition. Be sure to supplement if you are experiencing this. This can help overcome any deficiencies that may be coming from lack of nutrients in your meals.

My sister had that hairless patches on her scalp that she noticed last May. It is a disease called alopesia and most likely due to stress. There were 3 patches and another was appearing at the back of her head. She bought a hair grower oil that she applied on her scalp at night so it will work overnight. After 2 weeks some hair appeared on the bald patches. I don't think it is due to the diet but it's best to consult a doctor.