Omad Diet Maintenance Mode

I need more direction pertaining to OMAD once goal weight is met.

I’m 5’9”, 59yrs, started omad journey at 187 in January. My goal: 160lbs. I achieved this goal and currently weigh in
157lbs, fluctuating higher or lower by a few pounds daily. Friends and acquaintences frequently exhort me not to lose any more weight. Hmm. I hear them, but ... It’s scary to relax on a system which got me to the promised land! Once you’ve crossed the river, you no longer need to ride the ferry, or so they say.

My current maintenance technique is this: strict OMAD monday-friday; variant of 16:8 and/or slight splurge one day of weekend. This has kept me in a pleasant maintenance plateau for a month or so. I’d love to learn different methods from those who’ve experienced it for awhile. Thank you!

I need more direction pertaining to OMAD once goal weight is met.

I’m 5’9”, 59yrs, started omad journey at 187 in January. My goal: 160lbs. I achieved this goal and currently weigh in
157lbs, fluctuating higher or lower by a few pounds daily. Friends and acquaintences frequently exhort me not to lose any more weight. Hmm. I hear them, but ... It’s scary to relax on a system which got me to the promised land! Once you’ve crossed the river, you no longer need to ride the ferry, or so they say.

My current maintenance technique is this: strict OMAD monday-friday; variant of 16:8 and/or slight splurge one day of weekend. This has kept me in a pleasant maintenance plateau for a month or so. I’d love to learn different methods from those who’ve experienced it for awhile. Thank you!
Sounds like a great plan, what kinds of foods do you eat?

My goal weight was 130 and then I got down to 122 and I've been maintaining in the 120's for a year. My eating plan now is Strict OMAD 5 days a week and the other 2 days are OMAD or 2MAD with snacks :)

Hi Brenda! I eat a robust meal every day. I always have one or two protein entrees. I’m not super particular: beef, chicken, pork etc. If my protein is minimal I augment with sardines. I almost always include kimchi and black beans as an everyday staple. I try to have a green vegetable which oft times is just canned spinach. I add a couple slices of swiss or other hard cheeses. Almost daily I add about 10 almonds and cover wit tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter. For dessert I add 2 or three cookies ( girl scout tagalongs my favorite in season!) I drink a full glass of pinot noir wine with, but mostly after my meal, occaisionally exceeding my one hour eating window.
This has worked to lose my weight. I’m still eating this way mon-friday. Weekends I either 16:8 it, or have big meal earlier than 4 hour window. So far forlast few months I have been plateaued from 156- 161lbs. 160 was my goal weight. I do have that innate fear of loosening my discipline and regaining weight. So far that hasn’t happened. Still, would like to hear what others do to maintain goal weight.

Mark your meals seem very well balanced. I was eating low carb throughout my weight loss but now I'm eating whatever I want want and somedays I will have a dessert with my meal and somedays it will just be fruit.

When I started OMAD I used to weigh 184lbs. My goal is to slim down and have a nice physic. I'm just 26 so I really envy my friends who are nicely shape. I strictly follow OMAD for straight 5 months eating just salad and apple cider combine drinks. So far I think I'm achieving my goal now. I've been doing OMAD for 9 months now. And my weight now is 149lbs.

My goal weight was 130 and then I got down to 122 and I've been maintaining in the 120's for a year. My eating plan now is Strict OMAD 5 days a week and the other 2 days are OMAD or 2MAD with snacks :)
Sounds good Brenda! You are confirming I’m on the right path. I love eating this way! My yoga has never been better.

I like the concept of 2mad. I guess my definition of 16:8 is a rough equivalent of your 2mad. On a 16:8 I won’t eat until after noon. This allows for a minimum 16 hours fasting before I eat. Afterwhich I may consume alcohol and maybe maybenot have another meal, finishing nlt 9PM .......or so! Monday it’s back to OMAD.

I like the concept of 2mad. I guess my definition of 16:8 is a rough equivalent of your 2mad. On a 16:8 I won’t eat until after noon. This allows for a minimum 16 hours fasting before I eat. Afterwhich I may consume alcohol and maybe maybenot have another meal, finishing nlt 9PM .......or so! Monday it’s back to OMAD.
Awesome!!! I also forgot to mention that depending on if my weight is too close to the high end of my maintenance range I will have a very low calorie OMAD day or 2 to bring my weight back down.

S
Awesome!!! I also forgot to mention that depending on if my weight is too close to the high end of my maintenance range I will have a very low calorie OMAD day or 2 to bring my weight back down.
Strong point! Omad is such a marvelous tool for weight control. So far I’m finding having a very large meal but continuing the Omad fasting protocol is holding my weight steady. I’m also completely satiated which seems to be the difference between omad and other techniques. Once I start gaining weight I will incorporate your system of low carb/calorie meals.

S

Strong point! Omad is such a marvelous tool for weight control. So far I’m finding having a very large meal but continuing the Omad fasting protocol is holding my weight steady. I’m also completely satiated which seems to be the difference between omad and other techniques. Once I start gaining weight I will incorporate your system of low carb/calorie meals.
Also I'm not doing low carb anymore, just low calorie when needed :)

I intend to make OMAD a lifestyle which I'm already in the progress this way I will always be in the deficit mode instead of letting my body go back to where it was before OMAD.I still need to lose more before I think of maintaining the weight and I wouldn't stop my routine just yet.

I intend to make OMAD a lifestyle which I'm already in the progress this way I will always be in the deficit mode instead of letting my body go back to where it was before OMAD.I still need to lose more before I think of maintaining the weight and I wouldn't stop my routine just yet.
You’ll know when you can relax a little with your diet. OMAD will still be your foundational diet and tool which will allow you to eat without always being draconian about it.

I personally am actually a fan of your style of maintenance. Once I’m in the maintenance phase, what I typically try to do is get a ballpark figure for how many calories I consumed on a daily basis, and then give myself a little wiggle room so I can eat foods I typically wouldn’t have while on OMAD. I try not to go way over my typical range so that I’m not putting on fat as a result of my metabolism being used to a lower caloric intake.

Sundays are a break from OMAD because that’s when I go around visiting family and neighbors, and since everyone offers you something to eat it’d be rude to decline. I’d consider that my splurge/cheat day.

I liked your idea. I agree that everyone should also consider their own satisfaction with the foods they like at least once in a while. Since you mentioned that you are doing strictly OMAD only in five days, I would like to try that out too. I just hope that I could have the same results as you had.

I think that your maintenance mode in OMAD is great. Having a day off is good as long as it doesn't make you lose track of diet goals from the subsequent days.

I would suggest working out as well because it's very efficient and effective when combined with OMAD.

Interesting discussion. I'm also a few months away from achieving my ideal body weight. I have seriously been thinking about how to maintain. Omad is great but its not something I want to do for the rest of my life. I think doing it for two to three days a week is great. I think that is enough to maintain your weight. What I plan to do is go on keto or paleo on a full time basis, in my opinion this is more sustainable and I will not feel like I'm depriving myself. On OMAD I have a cheat day every week and some weeks I fall off the wagon for one or two weeks. I feel keto is sustainable as a way of life.