OMAD diet and fasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having on OMAD diet for a while and it really helpful on my wright loss journey and I making it a lifestyle. I will going through a retreat that will want participants to undergo dry fasting for 7 days and I'm wondering dropping the diet for a while and I wondering if my body will have a reset if let go for while because I will still want to continue after all.

I think going for dry fasting for a while won't really have an effect in terms of your body adjusting to OMAD after the fast, provided that your body have already adjusted and is comfortable with an OMAD diet.

Was that a typo or are these people trying to commit mass murder?! Seven days is considered the maximum limit that a human can go without water, but that is a generous estimate. On average, many people will die after only three to four days without water. Not to mention that if you don't die you'll probably feel the worst you've ever felt in your entire life.

Fasting without food is one thing, as most people can go weeks without food. But we are made up of 60% water, and going that long without it is going to have seriously detrimental affects to your physical and mental health.

Health hazards aside, I don't think the fast would have any sort of impact on your ability to continue OMAD afterwards, if you survive that is.

Dry fasting? Does that mean no water? Well if it does, I don't think you'll get any benefits from doing that, only dehydration.

Gee, isn’t dry fasting going overboard with the weight loss program? I have heard of some people who resorted to intermittent fasting that they developed problems in their digestive system particularly the acid reflux. But if you are on OMAD then I guess it would be easier to do the dry fasting for a longer time because your body had already acclimatized with the lack of food.

Why would someone go on a dry fast? I mean water is an important component of a fast and doing a fast without it would just make you thirsty and dry up your insides. I don't think dry fasting can really have benefits.

I haven't heard of this before but I don't think it's healthy to give up water unless you really need to. Lots of people are able to stay healthy and fit while still drinking water so I don't know why going to that extreme would feel necessary. I think the purpose of OMAD is to be able to fast while still making it safe for the body and health so I think just sticking to the rules of guidelines of OMAD would be best instead of trying to push it too far because that's not something you could most likely sustain in the future so whatever benefits you do get now will probably just be lost sooner or later anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.