OMAD Beginner with Meal Question...

Hello all! I recently found this online forum and have been reading the various articles and pages and they are extremely helpful!! I will share my beginning and start to this, new to me.. LIFESTYLE Change!! I am just finally... for the umpteenth time.. sick and tired of being sick and tired.... I don't really have a start date - but i know within the last 12 months - I weighed myself and I clocked in at 344lbs at 6ft tall and currently 48yrs Old. That was the heaviest I weighed myself - but I believe I was heavier than that within the past 3-4years - I just never stepped on the scale... My day begins at 4:30am wake up to begin my 1hr 45m commute to work each day - and the same in reverse at 5pm getting home about 7pm... Work is very stressful... and VERY sedentary.. at the desk for 10hrs+ with not much more than 5 minutes to either grab quick lunch or take breath and back to desk to eat lunch while working.. So, over the course of the last 6 months or so.. I've toyed with Keto, Juice/Smoothie Cleanses and Intermittent Fasting to drop nearly 40lbs without exercise. For the last month or so - I've more or less hit a wall and have hovered around 316-302lbs.. currently sitting on 305lbs. Last week I weighed in at 312 and after nearly 6 days of OMAD I am 305. I have a goal weight of 210 lbs. For OMAD.. I have been eating when i get home from work and try to finish before 8:15pm and going to bed by 11 the latest. My energy levels have been through the roof since beginning OMAD and it finally spurred me to get to the HS track and walk/run 1.5miles . I do not work on the weekends aside from running to the kids sporting events. I decided as of July 2 to abstain from all alcohol and except for 3 glasses of wine since that time - i can tell it has been a huge difference - I was drinking 3-4 evenings a week, primarily beer... For me, OMAD seems like it will be a good fit, solely for the fact it takes a lot of the guesswork, timing and choices out of the equation. Once I begin eating - I usually find it very difficult to stop.... Unfortunately, my recent OMAD had been less than 1200 calories and I have been leaning towards the Keto side of recipes or choices. I simply feel better eating Keto-friendly foods. Now I realize, 1200 calories is not sufficient and may even do long term damage... So, I ask thee.. OMAD regulars, pros and veterans.. I am looking for a very limited choice as far as either a recipe or a meal I can make that I can eat on this LIFESTYLE that will tick off the boxes... I dont mind eating the same thing nearly every day - again, I do better with limited meal choices - more choices for me = eating more... Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this - and of course, if you can go as far as offering advice, meal ideas, recipe(s), experiences - PLEASE it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

WOW ! What a wonderful introductory thread, @BoKat , and sending you a big welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are serious about the OMAD lifestyle, and have already started reading some of the blog posts on the main website page.
There is an amazing amount of great information there, plus Jimmy has a book that you can order and it has even more information to help you decide what you want to eat.
I pretty much agree with you about just having basic, simple foods, at least most of the time. This way, a meal is not something that you have to spend a lot of time thinking about, or in the kitchen preparing.
Sometimes, I just want something that I am hungry for that is not keto (like ice cream), and then I make a keto substitute that satisfies me; but I don’t do those kinds of things every day.
I track my food intake, but I am more concerned about eating healthy foods than I am about how many calories I get each day, as long as I am burning fat and staying energized.

Welcome to the forum it refreshing to know that you are really keen in taking your weight loss journey serious.I will agree with you it isn't really easy for those with demanding jobs like yours to go through the weight loss program but you must always try to make conscious efforts to key in some exercises daily even while at work.You can stretch out while at your table,stand a bit doing your work or walk to the next office to pick up a file than using the intercom, all of these can pretty much add up.For OMAD you just have to be determined to start it in earnest, start by having your eating window and only eat at that time daily, you could make it your new lifestyle and before you know it your body will adjust to it. I try it this way for weeks and I'm pretty much enjoying it now.

Thank you very much for the responses and encouragement... I'm trying for right now at least, to look at each day solely by itself.. if i tend to look 1 month, 3 months, 1 year.. it's too daunting personally.. One Day at a time - Complete one day and on to the next!!

Hello all! I recently found this online forum and have been reading the various articles and pages and they are extremely helpful!! I will share my beginning and start to this, new to me.. LIFESTYLE Change!! I am just finally... for the umpteenth time.. sick and tired of being sick and tired.... I don't really have a start date - but i know within the last 12 months - I weighed myself and I clocked in at 344lbs at 6ft tall and currently 48yrs Old. That was the heaviest I weighed myself - but I believe I was heavier than that within the past 3-4years - I just never stepped on the scale... My day begins at 4:30am wake up to begin my 1hr 45m commute to work each day - and the same in reverse at 5pm getting home about 7pm... Work is very stressful... and VERY sedentary.. at the desk for 10hrs+ with not much more than 5 minutes to either grab quick lunch or take breath and back to desk to eat lunch while working.. So, over the course of the last 6 months or so.. I've toyed with Keto, Juice/Smoothie Cleanses and Intermittent Fasting to drop nearly 40lbs without exercise. For the last month or so - I've more or less hit a wall and have hovered around 316-302lbs.. currently sitting on 305lbs. Last week I weighed in at 312 and after nearly 6 days of OMAD I am 305. I have a goal weight of 210 lbs. For OMAD.. I have been eating when i get home from work and try to finish before 8:15pm and going to bed by 11 the latest. My energy levels have been through the roof since beginning OMAD and it finally spurred me to get to the HS track and walk/run 1.5miles . I do not work on the weekends aside from running to the kids sporting events. I decided as of July 2 to abstain from all alcohol and except for 3 glasses of wine since that time - i can tell it has been a huge difference - I was drinking 3-4 evenings a week, primarily beer... For me, OMAD seems like it will be a good fit, solely for the fact it takes a lot of the guesswork, timing and choices out of the equation. Once I begin eating - I usually find it very difficult to stop.... Unfortunately, my recent OMAD had been less than 1200 calories and I have been leaning towards the Keto side of recipes or choices. I simply feel better eating Keto-friendly foods. Now I realize, 1200 calories is not sufficient and may even do long term damage... So, I ask thee.. OMAD regulars, pros and veterans.. I am looking for a very limited choice as far as either a recipe or a meal I can make that I can eat on this LIFESTYLE that will tick off the boxes... I dont mind eating the same thing nearly every day - again, I do better with limited meal choices - more choices for me = eating more... Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this - and of course, if you can go as far as offering advice, meal ideas, recipe(s), experiences - PLEASE it would be GREATLY appreciated!!
A good start here. Omad is eating the way our ancestors did. One can gain a lot in terms of benefits when practising the intermittent fasting diet. We invited diseases when we began eating more thar two meals in a day.

WOW ! What a wonderful introductory thread, @BoKat , and sending you a big welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are serious about the OMAD lifestyle, and have already started reading some of the blog posts on the main website page.
There is an amazing amount of great information there, plus Jimmy has a book that you can order and it has even more information to help you decide what you want to eat.
I pretty much agree with you about just having basic, simple foods, at least most of the time. This way, a meal is not something that you have to spend a lot of time thinking about, or in the kitchen preparing.
Sometimes, I just want something that I am hungry for that is not keto (like ice cream), and then I make a keto substitute that satisfies me; but I don’t do those kinds of things every day.
I track my food intake, but I am more concerned about eating healthy foods than I am about how many calories I get each day, as long as I am burning fat and staying energized.
ooh wait. There is a book! How do I not know of this. What is the tittle plus where is it available? AmazoN?