Oh the pretty stars....

Hi guys. I've been struggling with low blood pressure most of my life. I don't really know the difference between low blood pressure and low blood sugar but growing up I actually had to take medication for the blood pressure. These days my blood pressure measures almost text book. I recently started with a kind of crossfit exercise about 3 times a week, I must also mention that I am very unfit and not a great fan of exercise but I really want to commit to this until I like it. The last 2 times I went I've already started with the fasting thing and it felt like it took all my willpower to keep from seeing stars. Those 2 were more focused on muscles than cardio but if we had done cardio I know I wouldn't have been able to complete the hour. So my questions:

1. Will it get better? Should I just give my body time to adjust?
2. I am definitely going to try the protein shake thing, but I also read that drinking it will break the fast. So are you supposed to drink it before you exercise (as I first thought) or as part of the eating hour?

Hi Summer. I would try to have your protein shake as close to your eating window as possible. I believe Jimmy has an article on the website that references this.