No rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from the Philippines. I just wanted to know what diet to other people in other countries do. I believed that other countries don't regularly eat rice in their meal. Filipinos are used to eat rice in our every meal so that is the popular diet in our country. The no rice diet. How about for other countries? What do they avoid in their diet?

I am from the Philippines. I just wanted to know what diet to other people in other countries do. I believed that other countries don't regularly eat rice in their meal. Filipinos are used to eat rice in our every meal so that is the popular diet in our country. The no rice diet. How about for other countries? What do they avoid in their diet?
I am also in the same country as you are. Yes, no rice diet is popular here in the Philippines. Others just eat brown rice because they said that it is healthier than white rice.

There is a brown rice. If you don't don't like to eat a normal rice. People really love rice so much that your meal will not be complete without rice. In some other country the replace the white rice to a mashed potato or beans and some other country they eat pasta and chicken instead of rice. Well I do love rice too. But since I started the OMAD I stopped eating rice too.

In our country, it is the main reason why we got the heavy weight that is why it is always the main target to take out of the food list. But you can train not to eat rice as long as you can do that. Bread can replace it.

Rice in meals are common in Asian countries and its essential to their daily meals. A good alternative for rice is bread, but either with rice or bread monitoring your meal nutrition is still necessary during diet.

Also from Philippines here. And that is so true, with one used to eating rice every meal makes diet more difficult for us. Our body is used to it too. But the best substitute I tried were potatoes.

I am also in the same country as you are. Yes, no rice diet is popular here in the Philippines. Others just eat brown rice because they said that it is healthier than white rice.
I've seen some videos that said that brown rice being healthier is just a myth so maybe look into it some more before believing it completely. I haven't looked into it yet so I don't know which side is right, but my guess is that there probably is some truth to it being a myth.I probably will just keep using white rice until I decide to stop eating carbohydrates altogether.

Yes, you are right the most common diet here in Philippines is avoiding rice in meals. I have heard that rice has only less sugar but what it makes us fat is that eating large amount of rice as it can produce starch when breakdown inside our body just like as pastas and noodles.

I am also living here in the Philippines. I tried the no-rice diet for a couple of months and it really helped me lose weight. But temptations get in the way. It's really hard to avoid rice since we are very used to eating rice meals. That's when I started gaining weight again. Now, I am into OMAD diet and it works better than the no-rice diet.

There is a brown rice. If you don't don't like to eat a normal rice. People really love rice so much that your meal will not be complete without rice. In some other country the replace the white rice to a mashed potato or beans and some other country they eat pasta and chicken instead of rice. Well I do love rice too. But since I started the OMAD I stopped eating rice too.

Brown Rice here is more expensive than the white rice so people tend to buy white rice to save money but brown rice is much healthier I think. It serves as the substitute for white rice because it will really make you fat especially if you eat a lot of rice. I thought pasta also has a lot of calories because that's what my doctor said. She prevented me to eat spaghetti because it is like a rice that will form a starch when breakdown inside our body.

I'm a Filipino and all my life I have been eating rice. I think the whole problem with rice started when this unli-thing came by inside our restaurants. Even a doctor that I know admitted that this unli-food craze has been producing unli-diseases among the populace. I mean, let's face it, unli-whatever is really gluttony or taking in so much not becasue you want yourself filled, which is a good thing, but you want a good return for your money, which is not health related anymore but economics.

I am also from Philippines. I have tried a no rice diet before. I only eat oatmeal. Oatmeal for breakfast, oatmeal for lunch, and oatmeal for dinner. Hahaha. Half cup of oatmeal per meal is my strict rule. But I also accompany it with eating fruits and veggies. I have achieved my weight and body shape goal more easier by doing exercise. That time I did a part time/summer job at a resort as a dancer/entertainer so dancing is my exercise that time.

Maybe for the people in other countries cut down on their burger or pizza or bread consumption. I don't know really. It's just my opinion.

In my Country we also have rice with every meal if not then we have potatoes, but its pretty much rice everyday, because that's the easiest and cheapest meal you can get.The simplest and fastest way to loose weight is to cut your carbohydrate intake. Your carbohydrate intake is made up of rice, potatoes,oats and bread e.t,c. If you think this is too drastic you can have carbs like pumpkin , sweet potatoes and yams, these are classified as healthy carbs and can also help you loose weight.

I'm from asian country as well, I grow up in Gwangju but I'm studying here in Philippines. My mom is Filipino. She loves eating rice. But in South Korea, I regularly eat ramen. I'm not a good cook. People in South korea usually eat instant food. They have also instant rice there. I'm sure it's not healthy at all. But, during my diet. I don't eat rice or even instant food for straight 3 months. I just eat green veg. salads and steam potatos with boiled egg.

I have relatives abroad and from them, I have learned that the staple can be potatoes or bread or pasta. From that, I guess it is the carbohydrates that we have to avoid. I remember the time that I tried a no-rice diet but since rice is the staple here so you can guess that I did not last long in my diet. For me, it is guaranteed that rice can give me added weight especially when the dish is so good that I would eat more rice. I am now learning how to avoid such dishes.

Also from Philippines here. And that is so true, with one used to eating rice every meal makes diet more difficult for us. Our body is used to it too. But the best substitute I tried were potatoes.
I agree with you. Potatoes are a good substitute to rice. Like in the USA, they are not used to eating rice but they are used to eating mashed potatoes. What do you think contains more fat, potatoes or rice?

In our country, it is the main reason why we got the heavy weight that is why it is always the main target to take out of the food list. But you can train not to eat rice as long as you can do that. Bread can replace it.

That's right. Just choose the ones which are low in calorie. Whole grain bread such as whole wheat bread is good substitute. They are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. I eat wheat bread however I also learned that overdoing it can also add pounds.

That's right. Just choose the ones which are low in calorie. Whole grain bread such as whole wheat bread is good substitute. They are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. I eat wheat bread however I also learned that overdoing it can also add pounds.
There are also foods that can help you crushed or grain the food you take faster. I don't really know the exact food that has a capability with this but they really exist. They can help you to maintain a good body even if you eat a lot.

I think many people actually eat rice despite it not being custom to their countries. It's just that most Asian countries give value to rice as a means of living. It's something regularly consumed to fill one's stomach and goes well with lots of meals. :)

I've actually tried brown rice. It's not bad. But I can't say that I like it. So I'm okay with eating it occasionally. I guess people believe that it helps with their diet. Whatever works for them. Hahaha! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.