Hi,

I'm a new member, hoping to start OMAD tomorrow 8/21/19.

One of my challenges is going to be giving up diet soda and other diet drinks. I've tried doing OMAD with them, but I can't seem to make it through to my eating window, if I drink these.

I know I need to do OMAD, not just for physical reasons (needing to lose at least 30 pounds), but for mental reasons as well.

Does anyone have experience giving up diet coke? And does anyone else feel that they need to do OMAD to help control the chaos of their life and their reactions/emotions?

Thanks!

Jean

Welcome @Jeannaomi! I used to drink a lot of diet soda. It was very hard for me to give up. But it had a lot to do with the caffeine. Now, I just drink tea and water instead. But, it was very difficult to break the habit when I first started omad. As far as omad and emotions, I do feel like omad has given my life a more simple structure..(if that makes sense?) Before when I was eating 3 meals a day it always seemed like I was just planning/waiting for the next meal. Now, it just makes things a lot simplier. My day is better planned.

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for your feedback! I decided that I'm going to do a mix of diet soda and tea for now. Like you said, it's really hard to stop drinking the diet soda. My life is so chaotic right now and I also don't want to throw thoughts about food into the mix of everything else that I'm already thinking about. Like you said, if I eat breakfast, I just want to keep eating all day long...and food distracts me instead of me dealing with life.

I'm on day one now and I weighed myself this morning at 165.8....my goal weight is 127. :)

When you go from unrestricted eating to only having one meal a day, it is a big change, and if drinking sugar-free sodas now and then helps , then I think that it is better than giving up OMAD because you can’t have your soda. I mostly drink the carbonated water, with maybe a little lemon in it, and the carbonation. Seems to help me a lot with the raving for soda. However , I sometimes have a Diet Coke with my meal, and the treat helps me to feel like I am not totally depriving myself of something that I enjoy.
Welcome to the OMAD forum, and we also have a facebook group, if you use facebook. The link is on the main page of this website .

Thanks for your guys' support! I wasn't able to get through yesterday or today.

Everyday I weigh myself and every day I'm heavier.

I'm going to try again tomorrow.

To me, this is not a try/fail thing; but a lifestyle modification. Some days I do better, some not as good; but it is like a baby learning to walk, we just keep on doing it, and when we fall, we just pick ourself up and keep going. Eventually more days are better than the not better ones.
Also, if OMAD doesn’t work on some day’s schedule, then I at least try to have an early dinner, and intermittent fasting overnight and then pick up again the next day with OMAD.

Maybe you can replace softdrinks with other low-calorie beverages like fruit juices and tea.
Plain tea is fine when you are fasting, but definitely not fruit juices, and juice is not low calorie in any case. Many people still drink diet soda when fasting and report still having good results with OMAD . It is up to each person to just try it and see how it affects their diet.

Hi,

I'm a new member, hoping to start OMAD tomorrow 8/21/19.

One of my challenges is going to be giving up diet soda and other diet drinks. I've tried doing OMAD with them, but I can't seem to make it through to my eating window, if I drink these.

I know I need to do OMAD, not just for physical reasons (needing to lose at least 30 pounds), but for mental reasons as well.

Does anyone have experience giving up diet coke? And does anyone else feel that they need to do OMAD to help control the chaos of their life and their reactions/emotions?

Thanks!

Jean
i feel you. I started working out when I learned that it could help with my anxiety. I'm suffering everyday because of my panic attacks. I've observed that if I engage myself regularly to exercise or any cardio it somehow lessen my anxiety unlike when the days that I don't.
About the soda, how about substitute it with vitamin drink like berocca. It taste just like soda but without a guilt because contains a lot of vitamins. It will also help with your workouts cause it gives energy boost especially when you're not feeling well.

i feel you. I started working out when I learned that it could help with my anxiety. I'm suffering everyday because of my panic attacks. I've observed that if I engage myself regularly to exercise or any cardio it somehow lessen my anxiety unlike when the days that I don't.
About the soda, how about substitute it with vitamin drink like berocca. It taste just like soda but without a guilt because contains a lot of vitamins. It will also help with your workouts cause it gives energy boost especially when you're not feeling well.

Fitness is a great tool to help with anxiety. I had some anxiety growing up and it got crazy rough when I got through college and then started working. It gets easier and working out and living an overall healthy lifestyle makes life so much easier I think. Your body really does thank you when you give it the respect.

Fitness is a great tool to help with anxiety. I had some anxiety growing up and it got crazy rough when I got through college and then started working. It gets easier and working out and living an overall healthy lifestyle makes life so much easier I think. Your body really does thank you when you give it the respect.
I love working out because it distracts my brain to avoid overthinking of unnecessary thoughts. It also gives sense of fulfillment even though there are lots of negative things that happen, there is still one thing or two that I'm doing right.
I'm still studying right now and I can't imagine how I'm going to handle anxiety when I get work in the future. How are you doing now? I mean is their any hacks or tips you can give regarding you anxiety?