Myth or Fact: Intermittent Fasting May Cause Ulcers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMAD diet is a wide subject. There is no time I thought it was this wide. I had thought it was just taking one meal a day and the story ends.

I came to understand there were calories to take care of and avoid carbs. Exercise was to be done and fluids especially mineral water taken too. It was a wide subject indeed.

I came over people who said OMAD can cause ulcers. How true is this?

I guess the reason why they think OMAD could cause ulcer, it is because they took OMAD without any preparations. They should let their body adjust first before eating one meal a day. Like what I did is I lessen my intake of food for a week. Then I proceed with OMAD but I include mineral water and fruits with my diet. You should let your body adjust first, because if you'll make your body get shocked by surprisingly eating one meal a day instantly, theres a mere possibility that you can get ulcer. It also depends on how much energy you need for that certain day.

I think it's a myth because we already know lots of people are in this lifestyle and if it really did cause ulcers for all of them then they all would have stopped already at this point. From my personal experience alone, I could say that I've never experienced ulcers ever since day one. I may just be lucky, but there are also many people out there that decided to continue after their first day of OMAD so I know I'm not alone. Perhaps those who are experiencing ulcers get that way for a different reason and not just because of OMAD.

It’s actually an urban myth that fasting can cause stomach ulcers. The fact is that many doctors actually use fasting as a means of treating stomach ulcers. Now think of it logically; why would doctors use fasting as a treatment for stomach ulcers if fasting supposedly causes ulcers? It makes no sense.

It’s the same concept as hot peppers causing stomach ulcers, simply because they irritate a stomach ulcer that’s already present. Stomach ulcers are actually mainly caused by bacterial infections or excess use of anti-inflammatory medication.

OMAD diet is a wide subject. There is no time I thought it was this wide. I had thought it was just taking one meal a day and the story ends.

I came to understand there were calories to take care of and avoid carbs. Exercise was to be done and fluids especially mineral water taken too. It was a wide subject indeed.

I came over people who said OMAD can cause ulcers. How true is this?

OMAD definitely don't cause ulcer. It's just a common saying of people don't actually know anything about OMAD but are just assuming and speculating that fasting causes ulcer.

If this is true, I'm absolutely sure that the World Health Organization (WHO) would publicly declare OMAD harmful to one's health.

OMAD definitely don't cause ulcer. It's just a common saying of people don't actually know anything about OMAD but are just assuming and speculating that fasting causes ulcer.

If this is true, I'm absolutely sure that the World Health Organization (WHO) would publicly declare OMAD harmful to one's health.
Ulcers cannot come out of OMAD. OMAD is a clean intermittent fasting and has nothing to do with ulcers. That is a myrh in bad taste. The benefits of OMAD speak for themselves. I love the WHO case here. It must understand OMAD is goid.

Ulcers cannot come out of OMAD. OMAD is a clean intermittent fasting and has nothing to do with ulcers. That is a myrh in bad taste. The benefits of OMAD speak for themselves. I love the WHO case here. It must understand OMAD is goid.

Exactly! I have personally being on diet for a long time now and I haven't had any ulcer symptoms not to talk more of actually having to suffer the harsh effects of stomach ulcer. If one suffers from ulcer, there is another different cause of it and not OMAD.

From my own experience alone, I could state that I've never experienced ulcers as far back as the very first moment, yet there are additionally numerous individuals out there that chose to proceed after their OMAD so I know I'm not the only one. Maybe the individuals who are encountering ulcers arrive in such a state for an alternate reason and not on account of OMAD. So for me I believe it's a myth since we definitely know bunches of individuals are in this way of life and on the off chance that it truly caused ulcers for every one of them then they all would have halted as of now.

It good to always write from the point of experience and I'm writing on my experience and that of my instructor in the gym.He has been doing his long before I started and he has never had ulcer same with me so I think it just a speculation and if we follow OMAD diet as specified I don't think ulcer will ever come up.

It good to always write from the point of experience and I'm writing on my experience and that of my instructor in the gym.He has been doing his long before I started and he has never had ulcer same with me so I think it just a speculation and if we follow OMAD diet as specified I don't think ulcer will ever come up.

There are so many other health problems that can cause ulcer, some lifestyle and habits that can cause ulcer but OMAD is definitely not among such. My mother suffers ulcer but her own was caused by poisoning. She was poisoned and it caused her severe injuries in her chest before the ulcer started.

I have been practicing OMAD diet since January and I can say that I have no ulcer. OMAD is great for me and I dont think that it does harm in my stomach. As a matter of fact I was doing really well since I practice OMAD diet.

OMAD does not cause ulcers. And there is proof to back up this claim.

In the Middle East and in many other parts of the world, every year Muslims fast during the month of Ramadan.

Sure unlike people who stick to the OMAD diet, Muslims eat after the sun sets and before the sun rises but during they day they don't eat. Since that qualifies as a fast, if fasting did cause ulcers then all of the Muslims who fast would be suffering from ulcers.

The thing that can cause you to have stomach ulcers is when you are not eating the things that will give you the right nutrients. So many people that are religious in nature also take a meal or less everyday that they are fasting and there has not been any issue about ulcers. So, for that reason, you get to see that Omad is safe and medically right, though you should always have a time with a doctor to be sure that you are medically okay to carry on.

OMAD does not cause ulcers. And there is proof to back up this claim.

In the Middle East and in many other parts of the world, every year Muslims fast during the month of Ramadan.

Sure unlike people who stick to the OMAD diet, Muslims eat after the sun sets and before the sun rises but during they day they don't eat. Since that qualifies as a fast, if fasting did cause ulcers then all of the Muslims who fast would be suffering from ulcers.

This is one way to justify the claim that OMAD doesn't have anything to do with someone suffering from ulcer. With the analysis of Muslims religious beliefs and practice of Ramadan when dedicated Muslims fast for one month till the moon comes out, they all haven't been bedridden with ulcer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.