My Progress

Hi Agathist. I can relate to what you experienced this past weekend and I agree with Jackie. Slip-ups will happen especially when we have all sorts of pastel candies and sweet treats floating around. I dipped into my nieces and nephews' Easter goodies as well. They were delicious, I enjoyed, now it's done. I even had two meals on Sunday. The first meal was a result of me being asked to cook a dish I hadn't prepared in years so my taste test turned into having a plate of it then I had Easter dinner with everyone else plus the candy. I'm starting to recover from Sunday as I did feel quite bloated but the past two days I've been eating fruits, green veggies, and protein as my OMAD. My body has been craving fruits and all sorts of greens (who knew). So don't be hard on yourself. How are you feeling at this point?

Thanks Jackie. I try to keep positive even through what I consider to be failures. I don't expect to never mess up, and I know that sometimes I will mess up on purpose, and I'm ok with either. As long as I'm feeling and seeing results then I think I'm going in the right direction.

I did weigh in this morning at 243.4 lbs which is the lowest I've been so far. I'm also not tracking calories this week to see how that goes. I'm more nervous about not eating enough than I am about eating too much. So I do try to roughly calculate things as I'm making my meal, but I'm not weighing and tracking everything like I was before.

Thanks Jackie. I try to keep positive even through what I consider to be failures. I don't expect to never mess up, and I know that sometimes I will mess up on purpose, and I'm ok with either. As long as I'm feeling and seeing results then I think I'm going in the right direction.

I did weigh in this morning at 243.4 lbs which is the lowest I've been so far. I'm also not tracking calories this week to see how that goes. I'm more nervous about not eating enough than I am about eating too much. So I do try to roughly calculate things as I'm making my meal, but I'm not weighing and tracking everything like I was before.
Nice Job, Agathist!

Weekly Update...

I'm feeling good this week. I dropped the Easter weight gain (which was more than likely just water since I weighed-in the morning after Easter) and 1 more pound this week putting me at the lowest I've been so far. In the beginning I was full of excitement and enthusiasm of this and I think that slowed down a little bit, but it's back now and I'm ready to really settle into this.

I didn't care for not counting my calories. The idea of it was appealing, but I just got too nervous about it and wasn't sure that I was eating enough. So I am going to go back to weighing and tracking my food this week. I also decided that I'm going to up my calories to around 1400 so that when I do lose a good amount I'll have a little wiggle room if I hit a plateau and I'll be able to cut my calories back down to 1200.

Aside from that I don't think much has changed. I'm still feeling great about omad, and the little bit of hunger I feel sometimes doesn't really bother me anymore. It's becoming a reminder that what I'm doing is working and that it's ok to feel a little hungry. When I started omad real actual hunger was such a foreign feeling to me. That feels weird to even say, but it's true.

Weekly weight check-in:
02/26/18 - 254.6 lbs
03/05/18 - 251.8 lbs
03/12/18 - 251.0 lbs
03/19/18 - 246.6 lbs
03/26/18 - 243.8 lbs
04/02/18 - 246.2 lbs
04/09/18 - 242.8 lbs - Total lost so far 11.8 lbs

Weekly Update...

I'm feeling good this week. I dropped the Easter weight gain (which was more than likely just water since I weighed-in the morning after Easter) and 1 more pound this week putting me at the lowest I've been so far. In the beginning I was full of excitement and enthusiasm of this and I think that slowed down a little bit, but it's back now and I'm ready to really settle into this.

I didn't care for not counting my calories. The idea of it was appealing, but I just got too nervous about it and wasn't sure that I was eating enough. So I am going to go back to weighing and tracking my food this week. I also decided that I'm going to up my calories to around 1400 so that when I do lose a good amount I'll have a little wiggle room if I hit a plateau and I'll be able to cut my calories back down to 1200.

Aside from that I don't think much has changed. I'm still feeling great about omad, and the little bit of hunger I feel sometimes doesn't really bother me anymore. It's becoming a reminder that what I'm doing is working and that it's ok to feel a little hungry. When I started omad real actual hunger was such a foreign feeling to me. That feels weird to even say, but it's true.

Weekly weight check-in:
02/26/18 - 254.6 lbs
03/05/18 - 251.8 lbs
03/12/18 - 251.0 lbs
03/19/18 - 246.6 lbs
03/26/18 - 243.8 lbs
04/02/18 - 246.2 lbs
04/09/18 - 242.8 lbs - Total lost so far 11.8 lbs
Wow that’s nearly 12 pounds. Keep it up the dedication!

Weekly Update 1 Day Early...

I'm posting my update a day early because I may not have time to do it tomorrow. I am finally feeling like I've hit my stride and that everything (well most things) are working for and not against me. I made a couple of small changes from my approach last week and they have been incredibly helpful. Last week I changed my calorie goal from 1200 up to 1400. I was only taking half a dose of my ionic magnesium, which was 200 mg, but now I'm taking 300 mg, which seems to have helped a crazy amount with my digestion. I also started to drink my coffee (black) first thing in the morning. Normally I'd have water first then coffee. But I'm finding that my stomach just feels better when I have the coffee first. Maybe because it's warm, I don't know, but it's making me feel better and my results this week have been fantastic.

It feels weird to eat more during the week and to lose more than I have been, and to feel great. Maybe my body just needed more. I don't know why it's working, but I hope it keeps working. I did also get more sleep which I'm sure didn't hurt anything. Getting out of the 240s is an incredible feeling. Not that long ago I was 280 lbs. It took months of trying various diets to get down to 254.6 lbs, which is where I found omad. No more big losses and gains while feeling like I'm punishing myself all of the time. I eat what I want and I haven't felt this good since probably elementary school.

Weekly weight check-in:
02/26/18 - 254.6 lbs
03/05/18 - 251.8 lbs
03/12/18 - 251.0 lbs
03/19/18 - 246.6 lbs
03/26/18 - 243.8 lbs
04/02/18 - 246.2 lbs
04/09/18 - 242.8 lbs
04/15/18 - 239.4 lbs

Weekly Update 1 Day Early...

I'm posting my update a day early because I may not have time to do it tomorrow. I am finally feeling like I've hit my stride and that everything (well most things) are working for and not against me. I made a couple of small changes from my approach last week and they have been incredibly helpful. Last week I changed my calorie goal from 1200 up to 1400. I was only taking half a dose of my ionic magnesium, which was 200 mg, but now I'm taking 300 mg, which seems to have helped a crazy amount with my digestion. I also started to drink my coffee (black) first thing in the morning. Normally I'd have water first then coffee. But I'm finding that my stomach just feels better when I have the coffee first. Maybe because it's warm, I don't know, but it's making me feel better and my results this week have been fantastic.

It feels weird to eat more during the week and to lose more than I have been, and to feel great. Maybe my body just needed more. I don't know why it's working, but I hope it keeps working. I did also get more sleep which I'm sure didn't hurt anything. Getting out of the 240s is an incredible feeling. Not that long ago I was 280 lbs. It took months of trying various diets to get down to 254.6 lbs, which is where I found omad. No more big losses and gains while feeling like I'm punishing myself all of the time. I eat what I want and I haven't felt this good since probably elementary school.

Weekly weight check-in:
02/26/18 - 254.6 lbs
03/05/18 - 251.8 lbs
03/12/18 - 251.0 lbs
03/19/18 - 246.6 lbs
03/26/18 - 243.8 lbs
04/02/18 - 246.2 lbs
04/09/18 - 242.8 lbs
04/15/18 - 239.4 lbs
Awesome progress. I’m happy dancing. You have indeed found your stride!

I won't be hard on myself, as long as I feel good and I'm not gaining then I'll be content for now. That being said, I did weigh in at 250 lbs this morning. That made me happy. I then caught myself about to self-sabotage when I felt a little hungry and I was telling myself I could do 2 meals today. I quickly put a stop to that thought and had some water which made me feel better. My goal for a long time has been to get under 250, and knowing that it could happen any time now just set my brain off into sabotage mode. I have to stay aware of that at all time. I also have to have more patience with my body and let it work at it's own pace. I can try to adjust things, but I need to accept that it may be a while before I find the right combo of things for myself.

I hope your extended fast is going well. I'm not sure I could fast that long. I kind of want to try it now just to see if I can. I'm afraid it would turn into a disaster though.

That is the mental part of weight loss, where we self-sabotage... I have done the same thing many times.. because my brain knows better than my body...lol My theory, it is about self love self respect and the true feeling of being worthy of success. This time around, the weight loss will be the bonus part. I am tired of feeling tired and exhausted all the time. I am tired of my joints and muscles hurting and barely being able to move.. I am too young to feel this damn old! thanks for your updates!

I eat what I want to eat as long as I have exercise. I need to burn calories more than the food I eat. For example I eat pizza, I should only eat one slice of pizza and more exercise for that because pizza has a lot of calories so I needed to replace it with more exercise.

From the last weeks I tried the Omad diet but I stopped. Instead of Omad diet I just need to eat less per meal but my meal is just equivalent to one meal but I eat it little by little or divide it into two or three. This way I'll not crave so much and I will just drink a lot of water because this will make me full and not crave too much food and feel hungry .