My OMAD Dairy Entries...Comments are Welcomed!

Yesterday: Day #55

Yesterday was a great OMAD day!

Had online school and then had to hit the road. So lunch was in the afternoon. It felt like a reward after all the things that the morning and early afternoon had presented me!

I have been up for 3 hours already and still have a long list of things to do...o_O

Just checking in and I have not decided if I will be 'treating' myself...since I had that cookie in the week! :eek:

Will decided later...may be too busy to go to Dollarama:rolleyes:

Hope you are all having a great morning...tis' the final week in November! Christmas is soooooo here!!!

I LOVE THIS SEASON!!!!

Enjoy you day and enjoy your OMAD!!!!

Nuff love!

Yesterday: Day #56

Yesterday was an interesting day.

I did something I have never done before during my fasting hours.

I chewed gum.

It was only one stick of tiny gum. I was preparing to do the laundry and I found a gum that someone at school had give me while I was fasting. For some crazy reason, I ate it.

I did my 23 hour fast and never thought about food and enjoyed my OMAD - One hour window.

I don't know if this is wrong...or if it broke my fast. I have searched the internet a bit this morning and noticed that there are different opinions.

But, yesterday I worked for me.
....yes,....I did eat one stick of gum for hours :eek:.... but I was not hungry and somehow it felt easier.

I am going to purchase one pack of sugar free gum today and limit myself to 1-2 pieces for the day.

Again...this is all an experiment. And if taking in 5 calories can prevent me from taking in and additional 500 calories....I say lets chew some gum.

This was not a part of my master plan but it might help or it might not...but the only way I will know is if I try this out;)...

I have a medical appointment this morning and I already running behind schedule o_O

So...have a fabulous day and I will let you know how the gum chewing works for me today!

Have a fabulous OMAD and we talk soon.

ohhhh...I didn't get that treat from Dollarama. :p

Nuff love
xoxo

I always enjoy reading the posts that you share with us about your OMAD day, @Sunny Shelley , and you are truly a SUNNY person ! I like that you are always trying different things to see what works best for you, and that is what I do as well. I am my own guinea pig, so to speak, and it is always fun to try and tweak things for the best benefits .

I always enjoy reading the posts that you share with us about your OMAD day, @Sunny Shelley , and you are truly a SUNNY person ! I like that you are always trying different things to see what works best for you, and that is what I do as well. I am my own guinea pig, so to speak, and it is always fun to try and tweak things for the best benefits .

@Happyflowerlady Thank you for your comments...it is a forever life changing journey and I have to be truthful...it is not easy some days and some days don't go as planned but we are not quitting we are continuing on the OMAD road!

;):)

Yesterday: Day #57

Yesterday, I had my doctor's appointment.

I was so nervous.

I thought it would be a very long visit so I made a silly mistake and opted not to take my lunch with me as i thought that when I got to school ...the lunch break would be completed.

BUT...the good news is that the doctor's appointment went better...wayyyy better than I had anticipated.

I feel so blessed.

I feel like I have a new life!!!!

That said...

The walk to the hospital was very very long. And it was 2 degrees Celsius yesterday in Canada!

When I got to school I decided that yesterday would be a two meal day ...16/8. So I had a small snack and when I got home I had my OMAD....I know...I know it was not OMAD BUT I did not binge ...nor did I eat a cookie;):):p

With the fantastic news from the doctor I think I will do better on OMAD for the rest of my life.

Reflecting on my eating habits since arriving in Canada I realize that I was anxious and worried about my doctors and what they would say and the approach they would want to take with my case. So..I used that as an excuse to emotional eat...A LOT OF COOKIES:eek:

Yesterday felt as if it was the first day of my new life here in Canada...I feel as if I could now breath ...the cold cold air:eek:o_O....

So, I have already set my fitness goals for 2019. I will reveal these goals in my final post on this forum on the 1st January 2019.

Yesterday was a turning point in my thoughts and goals and mindset and determination!!!!

I feel so blessed to be alive and I am going to make my life count .... for me!!!!

OK....friends and family....today is a beautiful day...it is a snowy day...and I have packed a wonderful lunch...low carbs:p

Have a fabulous day and enjoy your OMAD!!!!

Nuff nuff love
Shelley

Ohh...I didn't buy the gum yesterday...I will purchase the gum today and start my gum-speriment;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yesterday: Day #58

Yesterday was a great OMAD day!

Bought the gum. It was more of a distraction and I think I like that kind of distraction.

Will I chew gum very day...NO! I am not really a fan of chewing gums. New was as a child and as an adult I never bought gum. With the exception of yesterday! I rather food than gum. BUT ...now I know that I can use a piece of gum as a distraction if I really have some cravings. I think two glasses of water and a gum is perfect distraction tools!!!!

Tomorrow I have an exam ...so I need all the extra time to study!!! Thanks to OMAD...I have extra hours in my days:p

Today is another show filled day in Canada! I am going to enjoy the snow!!!!

Have a fabulous OMAD and yes...WE GOT THIS!!!!!

Nuff love ;)

Yesterday: Day #59

Yesterday was a great OMAD!

It was busy. So I had my lunch within my one hour and no cookies;):)

Am I the only one who look at 'naturally skinny' people when they are eating?

Obviously, it is because of my eating habits that I gained all that weight.

I have to change my eating habits to resemble these 'naturally skinny' people...if I want to be 'naturally skinny'.

There is are a few 'naturally skinny' girls in my class. I have been observing them and comparing what and how they eat differ from my own eating habits.

I found a few things interesting about their eating habits at school.

One day one of these girls completed eating a small sandwich and fruit. Someone offered her a chocolate and she said no thanks because she was full:eek:...I would never say that...I would take the chocolate and stuff myself. But a few days later... there was the same girl eating chocolate as a part of her meal. o_O...So...she eats chocolate...she however, does not eat chocolate when she is full (note to Shelley!)

I also noticed the other 'naturally skinny girl'. She always brings a very small container that she leaves on her desk for the entire day and she eats a little of its content. In that container she takes 2-3 dates, a piece of chocolate and a few walnuts (2-5). And at the end of the day she never finishes the container and takes it back home:oops::eek:....LISTEN TO ME!!! I would stuff all that and then a cookie if I had that!!!!

...please note also that this said girl...also eats a small lunch in a very small container...sometimes a sandwich and sometimes rice and meat...a fruit...but it is a very small amount. NOT what my portions would look like.

The truth is ...I eat like the weight I am...and if I am to maintain my weight loss come 2019...then I have to figure out how I eat and what I eat as a 'new skinny Sunny Shelley'. ...YES!!! Healthy Sunny Shelley is my main goal..but I would be a liar if I didn't say that I prefer myself at a lower weight and I am more confident at that weight. So eating healthy and being my ideal weight is what my aim is! ... with a few treats in the mix;)

Definitely, OMAD is a part of that lifestyle. I am working on the rest of it. ... carbs? low? no? no processed carbs? low no processed carbs.

Ohhh the choices...but whatever I choose to do has to fit my lifestyle and make me happy...because we are in thsi for the long run...the forever journey!!!

Have a fabulous OMAD ....I have a test today:rolleyes:...going to get some more work in ;)

Nuff love

Yesterday: Day #60!

Yesterday was a very busy day! Had a full day of school and then had to travel 1 hour for a three hour exam:eek:o_O

BUT...it was a great OMAD day! Had my lunch and had a great day!

Today is a new day and I am excited for what the expect!

I am happy to see new people on the forum!

One such person is @OMADMAMA !!!! I am confident that @OMADMAMA will be able to do her 30 day OMAD and be flawless in this lifestyle!

I think that I will be motivated greatly!!!

Have a fabulous OMAD Friday!!!

Nuff love

Welcome to the light@Sunny Shelley. I love your story. I also have have constant conflict with my family about being on OMAD. They also think it is unhealthy. This is made worse by the fact that I combine it with low carb and as a result eggs which are cheaper in my Country are my main source of protein. My testimony is that I have lost weight and OMAD really works. I also noticed that it is good for my health because I feel horrible when I go back to normal 8-5 eating. For what its worth I think that you are doing the right thing. Welcome to the club.

Welcome to the light@Sunny Shelley. I love your story. I also have have constant conflict with my family about being on OMAD. They also think it is unhealthy. This is made worse by the fact that I combine it with low carb and as a result eggs which are cheaper in my Country are my main source of protein. My testimony is that I have lost weight and OMAD really works. I also noticed that it is good for my health because I feel horrible when I go back to normal 8-5 eating. For what its worth I think that you are doing the right thing. Welcome to the club.
@jaymish Thank you for your encouragement! I think that those around me are afraid of what they do not understand. And when they see changes that they don't understand they want to protect you. But we know and feel the positive results of OMAD. AND IT WORKS!!!!

So...let us support each other and continue with our OMAD fabulous journey!!!!

Thank you @jaymish !!!!

Have a fabulous OMAD today!!!!;)

Yesterday: Day#61!

Yesterday was a great OMAD! I did it!!!!!! I stuck to the plan:p:););)

I have been thinking about @OMADMAMA and the post about doing OMAD for 30days without messing up!

I am so intrigued!!!!

Today is the first of December 2018! And there are 31 days in December!

I had a light bulb moment when I got up this morning!

I am going to use @OMADMAMA motivation and complete my final month challenge (December) with the perfect record:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O!

YUP!!!

If you have read any of my post..you know I can mess up...especially with cookies:rolleyes:... a lot...but in my soul I know I can do this. And I must.

I must end this challenge and year with a bang!!

January 1st 2019 is my final post.

My goal weight range is 120lbs- 125lbs.

I have not been on the scale for a few weeks.

So.... this morning I went on the scale as I wanted to know where I was before I began my "December to Remember Challenge".

This morning the scale read 126.0lbs! :eek:

So, OMAD works...even when you are a working process as I am. :rolleyes:

But, I am getting better with my relationship with food and my OMAD lifestyle.

So, I am going to end the year with a bang!

Additionally, I have a few things that I want to accomplish before the end of the year so I will use my additional hours in the day (as a result of OMAD) to get some stuff done!

So...let the "December to Remember Challenge" BEGIN!!!!

Please join me in this challenge! ...We have nothing to lose but some weight and to gain even better health before 2019!!!!

It is also a great way to begin the New Year!!!!

Today is a wonderful day already!

Enjoy you OMAD....nuff nuff nuff love!!!!;)

Yesterday: Day#62

:eek:
o_O
:(
:confused:
:mad:
:(

Don't want to talk about yesterday:(:mad:

It was not good:(:mad:o_O

Started as a great OMAD...went to the gym with my husband after our business class lecture...

...:(:mad::confused:

... had another OMADo_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::confused::mad::(

But today is the 2nd of December...and I will NEVER EVER GIVE UP...

So I messed up on the 1st December. I still have another 30 days before the 1st January 31st and I can accomplish my goals of being
in the weight range of 120-125lbs...

So...Its a new day and once there is life there is hope...

...I am not feeling so great today ...after my horrible day yesterday but I cannot give up!!!

I have big plans for 2019 and this where is all starts!!!!

So...OMAD...today ... and I can do this...

I do hope I feel better soon...

nuff love and never giving up ...even after a major fail day...

love yu
Me:(

You are doing SO great @Sunny Shelley , and just remember that OMAD is not a spelling test where you are graded, and either pass or fail. It is simply a way that you (and all of us here) have decided to eat.
Before you started OMAD, you probably didn’t give much thought to when you had your meals, at least, I know that I didn’t worry about it. I just ate when and what I ate. This is the same thing, we have an eating plan, and we follow it ; but it is not a big deal, or a failure, if we don’t follow it every single day.
I look at this as something that is my goal for the day, just like my exercise (walking and swimming). Some days, I swim, some days, I don’t; it just depends on how my schedule goes. But regardless, the exercise each day is one of my goals, just like eating healthy food, and fasting are; so I just keep on doing all of that.

You are doing SO great @Sunny Shelley , and just remember that OMAD is not a spelling test where you are graded, and either pass or fail. It is simply a way that you (and all of us here) have decided to eat.
Before you started OMAD, you probably didn’t give much thought to when you had your meals, at least, I know that I didn’t worry about it. I just ate when and what I ate. This is the same thing, we have an eating plan, and we follow it ; but it is not a big deal, or a failure, if we don’t follow it every single day.
I look at this as something that is my goal for the day, just like my exercise (walking and swimming). Some days, I swim, some days, I don’t; it just depends on how my schedule goes. But regardless, the exercise each day is one of my goals, just like eating healthy food, and fasting are; so I just keep on doing all of that.

@Happyflowerlady ...Your words are always so encouraging...I NEEDED THEM THIS MORNING...I really did...I am on the brink of giving up and throwing in the towel...I was not even planning on posting today...or ever...but reading your kind words ...give me hope

THANK YOU!

Nuff love!

Yesterday: Day #63

Not a good OMAD day. Did silly things and totally fell off the wagon!!!!

Was not planning on posting EVER again...but I can't give up now!

So....TODAY is a new day...and the goal is there for me to achieve it.

SOOOOOO....Wishing myself a fabulous OMAD....and wishing you a fabulous OMAD!

I will learn from this weekend and move right long....

Cant...CAN NOT GIVE UP !!!!

WILL NOT QUIT!!!!!

Nuff love

All it takes to meet your goal is to not quit.

I would restate though, if for no other reason to get your subconscious to continue to consider it, OMAD is a heck of a lot easier if you are also eating Keto. Not only that, but going Keto makes it all the more easy to drop weight. I dropped twelve pounds in the very first single week on Keto, from losing the water retention that is typical of a high carb diet. After that, dropping more is as simple as making your one meal a day, less in calories than your maintenance. Because your body is at that point metabolically primed to use fat for energy, it will automatically use your own fat reserves to make up the difference. The coolest thing though, is you'll hardly feel hunger at all throughout.

The downside is that your food choices are limited and eating out is even more limited. This can be mitigated to a very large degree apparently if you are a great cook. Very many things can be cooked that we typically think of as high carb, they just get cooked with creative Keto ingredients. It is apparently even possible to make sweet cinnamon rolls that are Keto!

I wish I could cook. I love cinnamon rolls.

Last edited: