My OMAD Dairy Entries...Comments are Welcomed!

I start my OMAD lifestyle today!!!!:):cool:

I know that I need to make myself accountable to myself.

No one in my life (family and friends) understands OMAD and they are very much against this lifestyle. They think it is starving oneself and unhealthy!

Having this online community is therefore very important to me.

I have been visiting the forums for the past month and finally joined today!

My goal is to lose the 15 pounds I gained since moving to a new country and to maintain this weight lose.

Please feel free to give me any and all the advice you have as I begin my journey into the OMAD lifestyle.
Welcome to Omad lifestyle. Agreed that Omad is always misunderstood by others. My family is different though. They support me all along. I hope you enjoy staying in the forum and be strong in making your goal come true. Always be motivated because Omad is not easy.

...but I think I needed the salt....so I ate it and felt fabulous...;)
I need to do more research on this myself. I do not feel fully confident about what I am writing in this post. However it is my understanding that consuming some minerals through old bed sea salt (pink himalayan or redmond real salt) is not just useful, but highly advisable. The minerals (obviously) contain no calories, but are needed simply to replace what is lost through perspiration, urine, etc.. Although some fasters will deliberately put some salt in their water every day, that does not appear to be strictly necessary. What I am quite certain about though, is that if you have a craving for salt while water fasting, taking some salt is not just ok, but good.

Note that regular table salt is NOT what I am talking about here. Regular table salt is 99.9% pure sodium chloride. You want old sea bed salt that is as much as 12% minerals 'other' than salt, including potassium and magnesium.

@Henrywrites Thank you for your comment.

I am a newbie to OMAD. I am still learning and reading. And you are right...this website has TONSSSS of IMPORTANT information. I am still in the process of reading them ALL. And I am still learning and be doing I am learning how to make this work for me.

...to tell the truth. I am just understanding what this site says about the one plate regime. :rolleyes:o_O

This is a forever journey for me and I am learning every single day.

Please feel free to share with me any information or OMAD tips/tricks you use on your journey!!!!;)

Nuff love

Consistency is key like I said earlier. This is one of the ways that you are going to be able to remain focused on doing Omad the right way that matters. Also, do not forget to always check this forum for more tips as people that are doing Omad will always have success stories that will motivate you to keep pushing on. This forum has helped me in my diet lifestyle.

Welcome to Omad lifestyle. Agreed that Omad is always misunderstood by others. My family is different though. They support me all along. I hope you enjoy staying in the forum and be strong in making your goal come true. Always be motivated because Omad is not easy.

@Annejk18 Thank you for your kind welcome:D

Having family support is so important. I am happy for you! My husband is slowly coming on board but friends are not so willing to comprehend that you don't have to eat three meals every single day of your life...plus snacks every 30 minuteso_O

OMAD is not easy...but it is a fabulous tool!!!!

I am loving the community and the support and tons of information and motivation that I find on the forums.

Nuff love;)

I need to do more research on this myself. I do not feel fully confident about what I am writing in this post. However it is my understanding that consuming some minerals through old bed sea salt (pink himalayan or redmond real salt) is not just useful, but highly advisable. The minerals (obviously) contain no calories, but are needed simply to replace what is lost through perspiration, urine, etc.. Although some fasters will deliberately put some salt in their water every day, that does not appear to be strictly necessary. What I am quite certain about though, is that if you have a craving for salt while water fasting, taking some salt is not just ok, but good.

Note that regular table salt is NOT what I am talking about here. Regular table salt is 99.9% pure sodium chloride. You want old sea bed salt that is as much as 12% minerals 'other' than salt, including potassium and magnesium.

@Panpiper ...I think you are right. There are people who fast and drink salt water as a part of their protocal. I love Pick Himalyan and that is what I use daily. I think by day 4-5 I was in need of some salt and my body and mind planned against me and stole the olive:rolleyes:

You can always count on your body to do the right thing;)

I too will need to do more research about salt and water fasting!

Thanks for the comments...as always...I really appreciate it:D

Consistency is key like I said earlier. This is one of the ways that you are going to be able to remain focused on doing Omad the right way that matters. Also, do not forget to always check this forum for more tips as people that are doing Omad will always have success stories that will motivate you to keep pushing on. This forum has helped me in my diet lifestyle.

@Henrywrites ...CONSISTENCY!!! This is the word of the day!!!! You are so right! It is ONLY with CONSISTENCY that you can see the results of OMAD.

I love this forum and reading the motivational stories and the tons of tips keep in motivated each day. I check into the forum at least once per day (and much more!) and many time it is because of reading or even just thinking about the forum that I stick with the OMAD plan of the day!!!!

Thanks for your comments...and definitely a timely reminder;)

Yesterday: Day #42

This morning the scale said 120.4lbs.

Yesterday was a fair OMAD. I broke my fast gently and with good soft and easy foods. In the evening, I was offered some exotic Canadian fruit and it would have been impolite for me to refuse. Plus they were smaller than grapes and I really don't want to be that person who is so chained to the 'diet' that I can't accept a 10-50 calorie fruit:eek:...or more...I don't know ....and I don't care!

They were not sweet...I can't even remember the name of the fruit but it was a good experience eating them. The fruit is expensive and I would NEVER buy it so I took the opportunity to taste the expensivenesso_O

OMAD is a lifestyle and life happens and on the grand scale of things...that was not a big deal. I will do my OMAD today and I will be fine. In the grand scheme of life..I am working on cutting down on my carbso_O and that is the goal for this weeko_O....

Doing more research on various diets...keto being on the top!

Its a busy morning already and I plan to do a workout today ( I did do a workout yesterday). I love working out!!!!

Have yourselves a fabulous OMAD or extended fast and live your absolute best life TODAY!!!!

Nuff love ;)

We always use the pink himalayan sea salt , too, and it is important to use some kind of a mineral salt. When I used to have horses, we always had a mineral salt bock out where they could lick it when they craved salt and minerals. When horses don’t have a mineral block, they will chew the wooden fence posts because their body is craving/needing those minerals.
Yet, most of us humans also eat unhealthy things (thankfully, NOT fenceposts !) , and sometimes it is because our body is simply trying to tell us we need some nutrient we are not getting. Craving chocolate when we need magnesium is a great example. Pure dark chocolate is a good source of magnesium, but eating a slice of chocolate cake is just not going to have the same benefits, even though we only know we are craving the chocolate and do not understand that it is our body’s cry for magnesium.

Yesterday: Day #43

Decided not to go on the scale today but rather weigh in on Sunday.

I was having a hang-out "meal" with my husband yesterday because he wanted to hang out and have some 'healthy' chips (aka expensiveo_O) that we bought and I was hesitant and almost nearly said no because I didn't want it reflected on the scale....:eek:...

We are both very busy during the week and my husband is the bestest husband in the whole wide world (that is only my opinion) and I should not make the fact that I ate my OMAD and I 'need' to weigh a certain amount prevent me from hanging out once for the WEEK with my man!!!!!!

So, I am going to be weighing on Sundays for the remainder of November. As my weight stabilize, I will think about a daily weigh-in for the final month of December...we will see how this weekly weigh-in turns out. We all know that weight fluctuate everyday...So a once a week is good enough for the rest of the month of November.

...So as you guessed...I had my fabulous OMAD and then I had a 'meal' chilling with my husband. Does that count as OMAD? ...maybe not but definitely intermittent fasting and that is good enough for me.

I have often read where individuals 'mix-up' OMAD. Where they OMAD on the weekdays and then are more flexible on the weekends or at least one day on the weekend...family and friends gathering or just plan relaxing. I now can see where this flexibility is possible needed in the 'real world'.

Do you guys 'mix-up' your OMAD routine? or is everyone STRICT 24HRS EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK?

hmmmm...Whenever you think you have OMAD figured out....POP! and there is another mystery to solve:rolleyes:....I LOVE IT!!!!

Just packed a great low carb (I thinko_O) lunch today....excited for the day! ...and my OMAD!

Have a fabulous OMAD and YOU GOT THIS!!!!

Nuff love;)

We always use the pink himalayan sea salt , too, and it is important to use some kind of a mineral salt. When I used to have horses, we always had a mineral salt bock out where they could lick it when they craved salt and minerals. When horses don’t have a mineral block, they will chew the wooden fence posts because their body is craving/needing those minerals.
Yet, most of us humans also eat unhealthy things (thankfully, NOT fenceposts !) , and sometimes it is because our body is simply trying to tell us we need some nutrient we are not getting. Craving chocolate when we need magnesium is a great example. Pure dark chocolate is a good source of magnesium, but eating a slice of chocolate cake is just not going to have the same benefits, even though we only know we are craving the chocolate and do not understand that it is our body’s cry for magnesium.

@Happyflowerlady I had to smile when I read your post...I have been craving chocolate cake all weekend....my magnesium must be at its loweresto_O...... Going to have avocado instead the chocolate cake;) but I will remember that I need chocolate cake to satisfy my low magnesium levels:D

Yesterday: Day #44

YESTERDAY WAS A BIG FAIL!!!!!!

I FAILED SO BAD I CANNOT EVEN BRING MYSELF TO WRITE IT !!!!!

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED AND DISCOURAGED AND SAD!!!!!

EVERYTHING IS GOING SOOOOOOO WRONG!!!!!

SAD....

GIVING UP SEEMS EASIER THAN CONTINUING!!!!!!!

SIGH.....

HMMMMMM...... WE TALK TOMORROW MORNING AGAIN!

ME

I've read that you went on a gym exercise. That's good but obviously, it will definitely consume your energy faster. What I could suggest you is that to drink more water. It could help you to gain energy and feel full on the same time. Also, water also helps your body to flush away toxins which can also help for your diet. Hoping you'll get to your goal someday, just keep on working hard and everything will pay off soon. Goodluck ;)

One day at a time Shelley, one day at a time. A failure does not mean you have failed. To quote a bit of a cliche, it does not matter if you fall, what matters is that you get up.

Yesterday: Day #45

Yesterday was a perfect OMAD day!!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I was not happy in the morning BUT I stuck to the plan and made it through.

I am a bit of a drama queen (as you might have all guessed!) and a little failure does seem like a lot when I am thinking I am invincible (NOT!)

But I stuck with it and here I am this morning saying HAPPY OMAD!!!!!!:p:p:D:D:p:p

So the lesson from my Day#44 experience is - STICK WITH THE PLAN NO MATTER WHAT!

So today is going to be a lovely OMAD day...it is going to be a cold one here in Canada but we love it!!!!

Have a warm (or cold) OMAD and we talk soon....

I am sorry for the short review/thoughts this morning ..but I have to leave home extra early this morning :rolleyes:...and of course I am running a little lateo_O

Nuff Nuff love!!!!

Yesterday: Day #45

Yesterday was a fabulous OMAD ;)

I ate my OMAD within my one hour window and that is all I did as it involved food:D

It is interesting how central I have made food in my life. It is this OMAD journey that revealed to me
how I have made food such a central focal point in my life. I am working on changing this mindset. And the
truth is I am thinking about food when I have so many other important things I have to do. I need to get it togethero_O

It is this fasting lifestyle that has allowed me to see how I use food as an emotional crutch. And how eating has become a
hobby and need a necessity.

I was also thinking over the past few days that, I don't know where I get this thinking that I need to eat EVERYTHING! And even when I am feeling pain from over eating...I still want to eat EVERYTHING in the kitchen :eek:

I have stopped listening to my body when it says it is full. In fact, it is because of fasting that I have realized that I have a full capacity button :eek:

I am working to eat until I am satisfied and not STUFFED.

OMAD has taught me that I don't need all the food that I was (sometimes ...am) consuming.

It is amazing but a year ago I would not believe you that an individual can just eat OMAD and still be alive!!!!

It's funny how we beat ourselves up and not give ourselves enough credit as to how far we have come.

Its so easy when you 'mess up' that you are disappointed with yourself but we should all take the time to pat ourselves on the back and acknowledge that change takes time and that we have made tremendous strides. Even if we are just at the stage where we are researching OMAD for the improvement of our health...this is a step in the right direction and should be celebrated!!

So...today ...let us celebrate all our small steps in the right direction!!!!

We have all done exceptionally well and we just need to take it one OMAD at a time...

Have a fabulous OMAD or extended fast and remember that if we are getting back on the horse and forgiving ourselves and moving forward ...
we are heading in the right direction!!!!

Nuff love ;)

@KabiruYoungshark ...you are so right. Have thought about what you have said. I realize that I had needed to set realistic goals throughout my journey and not try to juggle all the changes in my eating at ONE time!!! This has been a challenge.

I think my first goal (for October) was/ is to stick to the one hour eating window and stay consistent within a set four hour window. I already eat at 12:30-1:30pm at school (Mondays-Fridays) and on the weekend eat around within my 12:30pm- 4:30pm window.

Obviously, I have fallen of this time wagon a couple of times:rolleyes:. BUT, I got back on the OMAD horse:):)

I will work on my next realistics goal(s) for the month of November.

Thank you for your kind words!!!!

Feel free to comment as often as you would like ;)
I recently read somewhere that we should visualize our goals as well as the challenges that we will face on our way to accomplishing the goals if we really want success. It helps to know how easy to overcome the challenges and I think that we can also apply the strategy and Omaders. the more the solutions , the easier the journey.