My OMAD Dairy Entries...Comments are Welcomed!

Do not be hard on yourself, @Sunny Shelley , the only real requirement for an OMAD diet is that you only have the one meal each day, and there are not really any restrictions for that meal except what you decide yourself, based on your health history, and the foods you want to eat.
Also, since OMAD is not just a diet, but actually a new way of life, it HAS to be something that you can live with for a long time. This means that it is important to allow yourself some days to just enjoy eating more than usual because it is a special occasion.
Who wants to go to a birthday party and not have cake and ice cream ? When we do this (and I have done it, too) then we start to resent the diet, and look for ways to stop doing it, which is usually just to binge eat and then quit altogether.
To avoid this, I eat what I should it when it doesn’t matter, so that I can eat what I want when it does matter, and then get right back on the program afterwards.
I think that it is unrealistic to expect to be able to follow any kind of a diet that restricts foods for every single day of our lives.

Also, I was just reading that Apple is donating 1,000 Apple Watches for research on binge eating. Here is the link to the article in case you are interested in signing up for the research study. You do have to have an iPhone to be able to be in the study because the watch needs to be connected with your phone.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/14/app...es-for-a-new-study-to-track-binge-eating.html

@Happyflowerlady Thank you so much for your kind words. I needed to hear that! Because I think I was getting into a rut of wanting results quickly and therefore needed to change my diet swiftly and eliminated all the "bad' foods from my diet! I will go gently on myself as I have been staying within my one hour eating window successfully!!!

And Yes! OMAD is a new way of life for me that I need to embrace as a forever behaviour and eating pattern. Plus the weight did take on day to add up and it will take time for me to loose the weight!

I will look into the new study that you mentioned! Thank you so much!

I value you comments!!!!

Yesterday: Day #17

I kept my eating window within my one hour time frame. And yes, I had a snack as I was still feeling hungry after my meal. @Happyflowerlady gave me excellent advice earlier and I will take it. OMAD is about the eating pattern and it is a lifestyle. I will gradually change my eating habits ...making them better and with less process foods but at the same time treat myself within my eating window!

This is a forever journey that I am on and slow and steady is the best way to go.

...for the record I did not have sweetened tea yesterday nor did I take snakes from my friend (she was absent from school yesterday;)
But...I bought a snack!

This is all a learning process but for the first month I think my aim is to adjust to eating within the one hour and fasting for the 23 hours. I have been eating well (with some treats) and I am seeing results!

Looking forward to what the scale will say on the morning of 31st October!!!!

Hope you are having a great OMAD lifestyle!!!

Nuff love!

(sorry...this is a bit rushed as I am running late for school :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Yesterday: Day 10

I know you are all wondering... "Sunny Shelley, did you OMAD yesterday at your friend's Syrian brunch?"

I did...ish...:rolleyes:

I started out making a note of the time. It was 10:35am when the table was set for us to eat. BUT then each meal come out slowly and they served me (they refused to have me serve myself) and we chatted long before we had the first bit of food! Each bit was punctuated with long discussions.
I quickly realized that it would never be a one hour as I had no control over the meals nor the speed that we ate or chatted...and I did not want to control it. My friend was a reporter in Syria and an advocate for women's right in Syria. She told tearful tales of rape, murder and it was both a time for me to learn, to share in her grief and to think...'what can I do to help?' There is a lot of work to be done in Syria. And even though she is now living in Canada, she is committed to serve her Syrian women, children and men.

So I had to relax.

I quickly adjusted my mindset and scanned the table. It was all homemade vegan food. A lovely peas light broth soup, wonderful homemade hummus and a chickpea dish that was hard to resist. And the dessert was a sweet nut-filled pastry! My friend is a wonderful chef and she wanted to share these traditional Syrian dishes with us as we discuss issues affecting her home country.

I noted that this is the one meal I will be having for the day and I would only drink water and tea (unsweetend!) for the reminder of the day and I would just relax and learn from my friends. It was OMAD...yes! ...but it took more than one hour! We were offered tea and coffee and I declined any sweetener. (High five Shelley!!!):cool:

After leaving my friend's home, I did a lot of walking trying to find a particular storeo_O. Upon reaching home, I had to talk myself off the ledge of eating! But I did not surrender to my habit of eating. I drank ALOT of water and got some work done and drank MORE water and went to bed.

My NEED to eat after my one meal for the day is declining. I can feel my self control growing and my brain is less anxious as it is slowly realizing that I will eat .... tomorrow.

So ... It was all a fabulous learning experience and I had a great Thanksgiving Dinner and Brunch.

The truth is...I don't know if I am doing it right. BUT, I feel real good this morning and my body is not bloated and I am not constipated! I am gaining a greater level of self control (which I thought I NEVER had). I am trusting the process that when I continue OMAD and I get even better at this lifestyle ...I will lose the weight and be in my goal weight range 31 December, 2018!

This is day #11 ...I have never been on a diet this long! OMAD ROCKS!!!!!

Have a fabulous OMAD...We got this;)

Nuff love

P.S. I am not even hungry this morning!
Wow this is such an amazing update. I have learnt so much more about you from the post and have come to love your friendliness. Whatever you did for your friend is actually what true friendship means as you were able to switch off your own concerns and listen to the more pressing ones she had. May you have more success on your journey onwards.

Wow this is such an amazing update. I have learnt so much more about you from the post and have come to love your friendliness. Whatever you did for your friend is actually what true friendship means as you were able to switch off your own concerns and listen to the more pressing ones she had. May you have more success on your journey onwards.

@KabiruYoungshark Thank you for your kind words:):cool:

Thank you for coming along this journey and I too look forward to my success as I more forward!

Please feel free to make any and all comments!!!!

Nuff love!!!!:cool:;)

Yesterday: Day#18

Yesterday I ate within my one hour eating window. It was a great OMAD day.

....I had to stay up late to complete an assignment and I was not really thinking about food :rolleyes:....lies...I thought to myself..."Shelley my love...this assignment would be so much easier if you had the chips that has been in your kitchen for the past week! " I was sad for a second as I remembered the not so distant past where I would munch and study;)....fooooooddddddo_O

BUT....I resisted and completed the assignment and went to my bed.

My monthly cycle started yesterday (sorry for the TMI) but I was bloated and I also felt the need to comfort myself with some comfort food. I thought hard about going to Dollarama and getting some cheap chocolate and plantain chips! I also was a bit sad as I was bloated and I felt fat...silly thoughts but again I noticed how I do think about food as a means of comfort myself. I was happy it was a cold day so I hurried home instead of heading to Dollarama!!! Yeah Canada weather!!!!:p

Today is a new day and a new beginning;)

Have a fabulous OMAD ...and remember...we will all eat soon...just not right now!

Nuff love!

@KabiruYoungshark Thank you for your kind words:):cool:

Thank you for coming along this journey and I too look forward to my success as I more forward!

Please feel free to make any and all comments!!!!

Nuff love!!!!:cool:;)
It is indeed a platform for positive vibes and I am always more than happy to do my part and contribute to the overall motivation that all of us get from such a site. I k now that even a little can go a long way and as such I encourage all people to keep on posting and sharing their thoughts as well as experiences. Thanks too @Sunny Shelley

I would first like to congratulate you on finally taking the decision to start OMAD unlike most people who really wishes to start but one thing or another keeps stopping them from doing so.

As, you are well aware that there are so many health benefits that comes with doing OMAD but my advice for you is to set realistic goals for yourself and work towards getting the best out of your time in OMAD.

You can visit the homepage for more information on how to kick start your OMAD life.

Good luck.

It is indeed a platform for positive vibes and I am always more than happy to do my part and contribute to the overall motivation that all of us get from such a site. I k now that even a little can go a long way and as such I encourage all people to keep on posting and sharing their thoughts as well as experiences. Thanks too @Sunny Shelley

I had a major BAD OMAD day yesterday...and your words are so true!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!!! I needed this!!!!

..and yes... a little goes a long way:)

I would first like to congratulate you on finally taking the decision to start OMAD unlike most people who really wishes to start but one thing or another keeps stopping them from doing so.

As, you are well aware that there are so many health benefits that comes with doing OMAD but my advice for you is to set realistic goals for yourself and work towards getting the best out of your time in OMAD.

You can visit the homepage for more information on how to kick start your OMAD life.

Good luck.

@Martinsx Thank you for your good words. Realistic goals are challenging..but I have to set realistic goals as without them I will be in trouble:(

This lesson I have learnt very well...especially yesterday and into this morning....

Thank you!

Yesterday: Day #19

:(

I had a very bad day yesterdayo_O

I feel off the OMAD wagon .... and did bad things:eek::eek::eek:

It all began after I had my lunch and had a meeting in the cafeteria. I bought one large cookie thinking I would treat myself (BAD IDEA!!!)...I ate the cookie and thought....Let me buy a second one as my one hour has not ended:rolleyes: another BAD IDEA! The sugar drove me up the wall. On my way home I had to purchase bread...and yes I bought myself another treat at the bakery! Yes...bread!!! And I ate it before I got home!!!! And when I got home...I proceeded to have chips (a bag of chips!), oats with all the toppings I had in the fridge, chicken, nuts and raisins.

So my eating window was a whopping 8.5 hours.

I had a miserable night. I could not sleep as I was so stuffed and I wake up this morning with terrible heartburno_O...and I am soooo bloated!

So that is my truth!

How am I feeling now? ...sad...disappointed in myself...can't believe I did all that eating...it was so not worth it.

I keep thinking that maybe I can't reach my goal! Maybe I can't do this! But, I know it is just one day of slipping and I have to forgive myself and still trust the process...and the process includes falling off the OMAD wagon!

This sucks!!! Its easy to write the above but my goodness...I feel terrible...both physically and mentally.

That's my truth right now!

BUT....I have to push myself!

Usually I would quit and just return to my old ways but I have read on this forum that this would happen and I need to get back on the OMAD lifestyle pronto!

So......

Today is going to be a FABULOUS OMAD!!!

Shelley.... YOU GOT THIS GIRL!!!!!!

Wishing you all, a great OMAD and positive vibes as we head into the weekend:cool:

Nuff love

This is where OMAD is different from being on a regular diet, because OMAD is actually a lifestyle change, and not a temporary eating plan while you lose weight.
Just like everything else, we will have days where we do great, and are not even interested in food, and then there will be days when everything we see looks like it should end up in our stomach.
I have learned from other diets that when I feel really totally deprived, then I usually fall off of the diet plan altogether and resort to binge eating. In order not to have that happen to me this time, what I am doing is trying to work with my body, while still following the program as well as possible. Some days end up that I have two meals, and are intermittent fasting, rather than OMAD; but the next day, everything is back on schedule again.
My weight loss is pretty slow, but at least it is going in the right direction, and I am doing something that I can live with.
Just keep on like you are doing, Shelley, and the overall result will be great.

@Martinsx Thank you for your good words. Realistic goals are challenging..but I have to set realistic goals as without them I will be in trouble:(

This lesson I have learnt very well...especially yesterday and into this morning....

Thank you!
The more realistic your goals are the better for you since ou will be able to make even good and practical progress. You need to consider having a way of monitoring the progress you have over time as it is only with such that you will be able to achieve a lot within a short period. You can also know what to do and what to avoid.

This is where OMAD is different from being on a regular diet, because OMAD is actually a lifestyle change, and not a temporary eating plan while you lose weight.
Just like everything else, we will have days where we do great, and are not even interested in food, and then there will be days when everything we see looks like it should end up in our stomach.
I have learned from other diets that when I feel really totally deprived, then I usually fall off of the diet plan altogether and resort to binge eating. In order not to have that happen to me this time, what I am doing is trying to work with my body, while still following the program as well as possible. Some days end up that I have two meals, and are intermittent fasting, rather than OMAD; but the next day, everything is back on schedule again.
My weight loss is pretty slow, but at least it is going in the right direction, and I am doing something that I can live with.
Just keep on like you are doing, Shelley, and the overall result will be great.

Thank you @Happyflowerlady for you always kind words.

You are so right! OMAD is a lifestyle and some days will be fabulous and others not so fabulous! But...it is a forever lifestyle and I am in it till the end;)

Congrats on your weight-loss so far...knowing that you are doing OMAD (with the realities of life) gives me a lot of hope and encouragement. I really appreciate all that you have said on my progress!!!!

You are fabulous @Happyflowerlady :):):cool:

The more realistic your goals are the better for you since ou will be able to make even good and practical progress. You need to consider having a way of monitoring the progress you have over time as it is only with such that you will be able to achieve a lot within a short period. You can also know what to do and what to avoid.

@KabiruYoungshark ...you are so right. Have thought about what you have said. I realize that I had needed to set realistic goals throughout my journey and not try to juggle all the changes in my eating at ONE time!!! This has been a challenge.

I think my first goal (for October) was/ is to stick to the one hour eating window and stay consistent within a set four hour window. I already eat at 12:30-1:30pm at school (Mondays-Fridays) and on the weekend eat around within my 12:30pm- 4:30pm window.

Obviously, I have fallen of this time wagon a couple of times:rolleyes:. BUT, I got back on the OMAD horse:):)

I will work on my next realistics goal(s) for the month of November.

Thank you for your kind words!!!!

Feel free to comment as often as you would like ;)

Yesterday: Day#20

I DID IT!!!!

I ate in ONE hour and that is were the story ends!!!!!!

It was hard not to just give up and throw in the towel. I so badly wanted to eat all the food yesterday since I thought I was on a roll:eek:

But, I was still uneasy from the previous day's binge and as such I ate later than my usual 12:30pm-1:30pm window. I was just not hungry. Usually, before lunch time at school I am sooooooooo hungry. But yesterday, I was just extremely tired in class. I never realized how exhausted I am after a binge as my body processed the excess sugar and carbs!!!

I ate supper at 6pm as it was only in the evening that I was hungry and it felt great. I ate within the hour and did some work and went to bed.

The most amazing thing is that I had no heartburn even after eating after 6pm. I felt great, I slept well and this morning I am full of energy.

Sometimes, it is when you change your eating lifestyle that you realize how poor eating habits were affecting your daily life and your bodyo_O

Wishing us all a great OMAD weekend!

We got this!

Nuff love!

Last edited:
Yesterday: Day #21

Yesterday was a long day at home.

I started an online business class and as such I was at home for the entire day. This meant that I was surrounded by FOOOODSSSSS!!!!

But, I think I am getting a little stronger mentally with my food discipline.

I had my OMAD meal after my online class...and totally enjoyed it. I did some more work and then went to bed.

Today is a busy day as I have to prep for the coming week ...cooking, washing, cooking as well as studying for my tests!

I find that OMAD is much easier when I am very busy. So today will be a great OMAD day!

Ohhh, I have decided (I think I may have said this previously), that the rest of the month my goal is to stay within my OMAD one hour. Therefore, for the month of November, I will work on the quality of foods I am eating within my OMAD one hour window. My diet is not BAD BAD but it can be cleaned up! :oops:...

During the Month of November I will decide what my December goal will be. This as my 'progress' will determine what my goal is as I aim for my target weightloss of 15lbs;)

Have a fabulous OMAD Sunday!

Nuff love

That is a great goal, and whatever you are doing, it really seems to be working for you, @Sunny Shelley . I am working on my eating plan, too. Every fall, when apples come out, I just crave fresh apples, and usually have one at night as an evening snack. The rest of the year, I barely look at an apple (comparatively) but right now, I am in the middle of wanting at least one apple each day.
What I am trying to do is to have that apple along with my eating window, but some days, I am still having an apple in the evening. Even though it is not the same as having another meal, I know that it throws my fasting off-track.
I want to get back to the very low carb meals, and then I can lose the food cravings again. Like you are pointing out, the body has to completely readjust after we have a whole meal with extra carbs, even when they are healthy ones.

Yesterday: Day #22

Yesterday was a semi-OMAD day......I know that there is no such thing!:rolleyes:

After doing all my work and going to the gym at 2pm. I return home hungry!

I started out with the plan to eat my dinner within one hour...but the one hour became two. I quickly pulled myself back and said "Shelley...listen to me! You pulled an 8 hour eating session a couple days ago...you cannot write about another 8 hour feeding window AGAIN...but a two hour is not bad for the weekend!"

I know that was me rationalizing my behaviour but...I stopped and proud to say that even thought it was not a strick OMAD. For that 24hour, I fasted for 22hours and ate withing a 2 hour window. Now, that does not sound so bad now...does it? ;)

It is a new week! (I begin my weeks on a Monday!) and I have 9 days before my first weigh-in on the 31st October. So the aim is to keep within my 1 hour OMAD eating window until then! And continue keeping within my eating window and cleaning up my diet!

I know I can do this!

Wishing us all a successful OMAD week and lets stick to the plan!!!!

Nuff love!

That is a great goal, and whatever you are doing, it really seems to be working for you, @Sunny Shelley . I am working on my eating plan, too. Every fall, when apples come out, I just crave fresh apples, and usually have one at night as an evening snack. The rest of the year, I barely look at an apple (comparatively) but right now, I am in the middle of wanting at least one apple each day.
What I am trying to do is to have that apple along with my eating window, but some days, I am still having an apple in the evening. Even though it is not the same as having another meal, I know that it throws my fasting off-track.
I want to get back to the very low carb meals, and then I can lose the food cravings again. Like you are pointing out, the body has to completely readjust after we have a whole meal with extra carbs, even when they are healthy ones.

@Happyflowerlady ...it is a constant work in progress. That is the reason why, when we fall of OMAD, we need to forgive ourselves quickly and get back on the OMAD horse. It is a process of constant re-adjustments and learning and doing!

But you got this @Happyflowerlady !!!!;)

Yesterday: Day #23

Yesterday was a great OMAD day:D

I am experimenting with my eating window and decided to eat when I got home from school. I was not hungry during the day. I had my eating window at 6pm-7pm. I enjoyed the meal. I may return to my 12:30-1:30 today...not sure yet...

It is amazing to think that for years I rarely experienced the feeling of hunger (I am very grateful for this fact). This was primarily because I was constantly eating. It was the habit of eating that kept me going.

In my estimation I am still over eating within my eating window. But this morning I woke up thinking that I really don't need to eat all my meals during my eating window. I just need to eat the most nutri-dense foods that will assist my body in performing at its peak. For me that includes eating a balance OMAD.

The next question is ...what does this Balance OMAD meal looks like. I will have to do some research on this topic. I would imagine that this Balance OMAD meal will be difference for each person and even be different for me as it depends on what my objectives and goals at that particular time.

This is a new level of OMAD thinking for me. I never thought about food in this way before!

Very interesting times are ahead on my journey:cool:

Wishing you are fabulous OMAD nutri-dense day!!!

Nuff love;)