My OMAD Dairy Entries...Comments are Welcomed!

@Veggie_Warrior ...THANK YOU! The links have excellent information. I am working on incorporating more fruits and vegetables in my diet and of course organic (when the budget allows). I work out at least 5 times per week and I do both cardio and weights. In fact, my goal next year is to enter a fitness competition :cool:

Thank you for the positive inspiration and feel free to send more information my way! :)
Welcome :) Keep it up!

Yesterday: Day #9

So the question is...did you OMAD yesterday Sunny Shelley?

The answer is .... No. BUT I am still proud of myself. Before the big meal my Aunt offered me my favorite cheezy snack that she bought just for me. I politely said "No thanks Aunty". When the table was set with the Thanksgiving feast I started eating at 1:15pm. I stopped eating at 2:45pm. That was 1hr 30min. Then at 4pm, my Uncle offered me sweeten coco and he wanted to chat with me in the kitchen. I didn't refuse. We had a lovely chat and I had a large cup of sweeten coco and chips. Then I stopped eating. Went home and chatted with my husband and went to bed.

Am I disappointed? No, this was my first attempt of OMAD at a major family gathering where food is the main item on everybody's agenda. I think I did well. Upon reflection, I could have refused the sweeten coco and had green tea (which was also available), but I accepted the kind gesture of my elderly Uncle who has been very kind to both myself and my husband since we migrated to Canada. And we did have a fun chat...just the two of us.

@Jimmy Swartz sent me an email with a link to a fabulous article that I read before heading over to my family. The article was titled "Falling off the Diet Wagon" (https://omaddiet.com/community/index.php?threads/falling-off-the-dieting-wagon.57/) . It was very encouraging and if yesterday I feel off the Diet Wagon. I didn't stay long off the wagon as I hopped right back on.

In the past I would have said "(insert curse word here!) it!!!" and come home and eat all my favourite foods in the pantry. But I didn't. So I am still on the OMAD lifestyle. I have learnt that when you mess up...it does not mean you are no longer dieting or winning...it just mean you have to get back on that wagon and be even better than who you were before you fell off.

That said...today is the brunch at my friend's home. They are immigrates from Syria and my friend is an awesome cook and I know that she is making fabulous traditional foods.

My game plan is to go to the gym this morning. And do my OMAD at her home. One hour. Enjoy the food. And be kind to myself. And if there is any offer of sweeten coco ...I will politely say "no thanks";)

Have a great OMAD and remember to get back on the wagon immediately as "you can't win the game unless you keep on playing":cool:

Nuff love
Shelley

Yesterday: Day 10

I know you are all wondering... "Sunny Shelley, did you OMAD yesterday at your friend's Syrian brunch?"

I did...ish...:rolleyes:

I started out making a note of the time. It was 10:35am when the table was set for us to eat. BUT then each meal come out slowly and they served me (they refused to have me serve myself) and we chatted long before we had the first bit of food! Each bit was punctuated with long discussions.
I quickly realized that it would never be a one hour as I had no control over the meals nor the speed that we ate or chatted...and I did not want to control it. My friend was a reporter in Syria and an advocate for women's right in Syria. She told tearful tales of rape, murder and it was both a time for me to learn, to share in her grief and to think...'what can I do to help?' There is a lot of work to be done in Syria. And even though she is now living in Canada, she is committed to serve her Syrian women, children and men.

So I had to relax.

I quickly adjusted my mindset and scanned the table. It was all homemade vegan food. A lovely peas light broth soup, wonderful homemade hummus and a chickpea dish that was hard to resist. And the dessert was a sweet nut-filled pastry! My friend is a wonderful chef and she wanted to share these traditional Syrian dishes with us as we discuss issues affecting her home country.

I noted that this is the one meal I will be having for the day and I would only drink water and tea (unsweetend!) for the reminder of the day and I would just relax and learn from my friends. It was OMAD...yes! ...but it took more than one hour! We were offered tea and coffee and I declined any sweetener. (High five Shelley!!!):cool:

After leaving my friend's home, I did a lot of walking trying to find a particular storeo_O. Upon reaching home, I had to talk myself off the ledge of eating! But I did not surrender to my habit of eating. I drank ALOT of water and got some work done and drank MORE water and went to bed.

My NEED to eat after my one meal for the day is declining. I can feel my self control growing and my brain is less anxious as it is slowly realizing that I will eat .... tomorrow.

So ... It was all a fabulous learning experience and I had a great Thanksgiving Dinner and Brunch.

The truth is...I don't know if I am doing it right. BUT, I feel real good this morning and my body is not bloated and I am not constipated! I am gaining a greater level of self control (which I thought I NEVER had). I am trusting the process that when I continue OMAD and I get even better at this lifestyle ...I will lose the weight and be in my goal weight range 31 December, 2018!

This is day #11 ...I have never been on a diet this long! OMAD ROCKS!!!!!

Have a fabulous OMAD...We got this;)

Nuff love

P.S. I am not even hungry this morning!

Good thing that you have started a good progress with OMAD. I'm glad to welcome you in our forum. What I could suggest is you can start your day by drinking a cup of water and end your day with also a cup of water. It can help your diet and could help you to reduce weight. Also, maintaning a good meal schedule will take a big effect so better choose the one that fits the best for you. I hope that you can get to your goal, just keep fighting and never surrender.

Good thing that you have started a good progress with OMAD. I'm glad to welcome you in our forum. What I could suggest is you can start your day by drinking a cup of water and end your day with also a cup of water. It can help your diet and could help you to reduce weight. Also, maintaning a good meal schedule will take a big effect so better choose the one that fits the best for you. I hope that you can get to your goal, just keep fighting and never surrender.

@ajahcuizon Thank you for your kind welcome. And yes, you are right...making the habit of drinking water will surely help with my weight loss goal! I am working on my meal schedule. During the week I eat at 12:30-1:30 and on weeekend I like to eat a little later...say 2pm-3pm. This is still a work in progress.

Yes...I will NEVER surrender:cool:;)

Drinking water is one of the things that is hard for me to do as well, @Sunny Shelley . I try to keep a container with ice water and a slice of lemon when I am relaxing in my chair or reading book, and then sip on it a bit at a time.
In the summer, when it is hot outside, it is easier to drink more water; but in the cold winter months, ice water is just not what I want to be drinking, and then , I am much more apt to be drinking hot tea.

Drinking water is one of the things that is hard for me to do as well, @Sunny Shelley . I try to keep a container with ice water and a slice of lemon when I am relaxing in my chair or reading book, and then sip on it a bit at a time.
In the summer, when it is hot outside, it is easier to drink more water; but in the cold winter months, ice water is just not what I want to be drinking, and then , I am much more apt to be drinking hot tea.

@Happyflowerlady ... Tea is definitely an item that will be on my grocery list this weekend! I know tea will help with the water consumption! Thanks for the information!!!!

Yesterday: Day 11

Yesterday I eat within my eating window. But temptation was not far away. My friend (thinking she was making a joke) tempted me to eat after my eating window was closed:mad:...But I thought about what I would have to write this morning and knew instantly that it was not worth it. Plus, it was food I could always eat during my eating window today! So I said NO!!!!!:cool:

I have always read where people doing OMAD say that the hunger goes away. I never believed them! How can you NOT be hungry when you are not eatingo_O BUT ...I am slowly believing them. This is not to say that I am NOT hungry and that I do NOT want to eat...but the desire is much less.

As my craving SLOWLY become less intense, I am beginning to think about ways I can improve my diet. There are items I need to cut out as they do not serve me. And I will begin to do so. The first on the list is ...dairy...next sugar!!!!

I am in this for the forever journey and for the first time in my adult life I am going to take it slowly and work each day on getting better and not expect a 'quick fix!".

I am taking this ride...one eating window at a time. I am also trusting the process.

Hope you are too;)

Have a fabulous OMAD!

Nuff love

Hi, I am happy for you that you seems happy to find this diet style. Don't you let those people stop you on what you know you are happy. As long as it does not hurt you then continue to do it. Just don't push yourself too hard. It takes time to be comfortable with OMAD. And if your family are against you so don't talk to them about it at first. When the goods benefits are visible in your body that is the right time to let them know what you are doing. Keep it up!

Hi, I am happy for you that you seems happy to find this diet style. Don't you let those people stop you on what you know you are happy. As long as it does not hurt you then continue to do it. Just don't push yourself too hard. It takes time to be comfortable with OMAD. And if your family are against you so don't talk to them about it at first. When the goods benefits are visible in your body that is the right time to let them know what you are doing. Keep it up!
@MomoStarr16 ...Thank you for your kind words. You are so right...OMAD does take time to get comfortable! In the past I did not have the patience. In all honesty, I still don't have the patience. BUT, I am committed to do this new lifestyle and trust the process. I have been experiencing wonderful results and I will tell my family about this new lifestyle...when I am ready!

My post on this website is also a secret!!! I have not told my family about these posts...nor my friends! So I am very happy to get suggestions and comments from the community on this website!

Thank you!!!!!

Yesterday: Day 12

TEMPTATION:mad:

So...I had my wonderful lunch within my eating window.

HOWEVER....I had a meeting at 7pm and I had no idea that it was a "eating meeting". :eek:o_O:confused:

When I got to the meeting, there was a beautiful LARGE spread of vegetarian foods...I didn't even go close but I kept looking in the plates of those who ate at the vegetarian buffet style table!

Again, I had to talk myself off the edge of eating...I negotiated with myself "Shelley, sweetheart!...If you don't eat tonight you get to choose any treat tomorrow!". It was hard. I even began writing in my mind what I would tell you guys when I ate the delicious supper!!!!!

BUT!!!!

I resisted! The feeling passed (after a long time of negotiating with myself!) and this morning I am very happy that I stuck it out. I didn't even drink water there as I was afraid that the water would trigger me to eat of the food or that the food would have found its way in my mouth when I opened it to drink the water (I know this is ridiculous BUT it has happened to me on numerous occasions!) :rolleyes:

As indicated by @MomoStarr16 ...OMAD does take a while to get into your daily routine. All my years of overeating and harmful relationship with food will take time to be heal. And it will also take work and dedication and consistency to have a better relationship with food.

Hope you all are having a great OMAD journey and if you are thinking about beginning this journey...start TODAY! and be KIND and LOVING to yourself during the process. ;)

Have a great OMAD!

Nuff love

It is too bad that you didn’t know that it was a dinner/meeting, and then you could have planned for it ahead of time. I don’t usually have that kind of problem anymore since I am long since retired; but what I would suggest is to either save your meal for later so you could have eaten at the meeting with everyone else, or (if you didn’t want to do that) then have your meal just before you went to the meeting so you would not be hungry when you got there.
When it is something special, like around the holidays, I try to either plan it in, or just make a decision that this will be a shorter fast day, and plan on having two meals that day, and then right back onto schedule again the next day.
It is wonderful that you were able to stay away from the food at the meeting, @Sunny Shelley , and that takes more determination than most of us have.......... you did WONDERFUL ! !

It is too bad that you didn’t know that it was a dinner/meeting, and then you could have planned for it ahead of time. I don’t usually have that kind of problem anymore since I am long since retired; but what I would suggest is to either save your meal for later so you could have eaten at the meeting with everyone else, or (if you didn’t want to do that) then have your meal just before you went to the meeting so you would not be hungry when you got there.
When it is something special, like around the holidays, I try to either plan it in, or just make a decision that this will be a shorter fast day, and plan on having two meals that day, and then right back onto schedule again the next day.
It is wonderful that you were able to stay away from the food at the meeting, @Sunny Shelley , and that takes more determination than most of us have.......... you did WONDERFUL ! !

@Happyflowerlady ...I will definitely take your advice and plan my meal around the next meeting. Eating is a social event and for this group it is a show of family and coming together. I will definitely be participating during the next food meeting;)

Yesterday: Day #13

Yesterday, was a busy day.

And yesterday was the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend....and I wanted to reward myself with yummy foods :rolleyes:...

It is amazing how much I use food as a tool to navigate through my life. I reward myself with food, I comfort myself with food. I often use food as a best friend...:eek:...Looking briefly at my past...I must admit that I systematically over-ate. I rarely said that I was full. I usually try to eat until I can't eat a morsel more o_O

During these binges (yes they were daily binges!), I had to restrain myself mentally and physically (stay away from the kitchen!) to stop eating. By eating one meal a day I am able to say that I am full for hours after eating and that in fact I don't need to eat until the next day! This is a shock to me.

Another thing I have noticed with OMAD is that I can get hungryo_O. Before OMAD, I ate because I wanted to eat...NOT because I was hungry! I rarely gave myself a chance to be hungry!!!:rolleyes:

This week I noted how quickly I eat. I can mow through ALOT of food in seconds. A friend at school is having stomach issues and has to eat slowly and stop when she is full. As I watched as she stopped eating when I was still on my appetizer(s) ... I noted that I didn't need to eat that much and that I was actually stuffing myself! So yesterday, I rested with her and when I realized that I still was not satisfied I had some more food. BUT, I didn't have ALL the food in my lunch box!!!! And I was still satisfied for hours after lunch.

Progress? ...yes...slowly ...but still progress!!!

Learning more about my relationship with food? YES!!!!

Its a busy weekend for me. We will be exploring a bit of our city today and I have a test to prepare for. Wishing you a great and restful weekend and a great day OMADing;)

WE GOT THIS:);)

Nuff love:cool:

Yesterday: Day #14

Yesterday was an interesting day. I was out with my husband and during my eating window (our lunch time) he silently watched me eat ALL my food:eek:

I didn't care what he thought as I knew that this was the one time I was going to eat and I needed to get all my nutrients in! It was good healthy food...Just more than I would have in one sitting!

When we got home I mentioned that I usually eat more than what I eat that day. His comment was "Really:eek::eek:". I said YUP! and smiled;)

I had read somewhere, and in fact a forum member had told me, that I should tell family and friends about my OMAD lifestyle ONLY when I am ready and when I have results to show that OMAD is healthy and FABULOUS for me physically and emotionally and that I am not starving myself.

I have kept this OMAD challenge from my husband (including this daily reporting!) as I want to get the result and let him see that OMAD is good for me!

Yesterday, I was indeed hungry about an hour before my feeding window but I knew I was going to eat soon .... so I stuck it out!

Some days are easier than others...Yesterday was an 'OK' OMAD ....and I ate only in my eating window and that is all I needed to do!

Happy OMAD...today;)

Nuff love

Last edited:
Yesterday: Day #15

Yesterday was a good OMAD day.

I ate only in my one hour eating window.

I have realized however that on the weekends I do eat more in my eating window as I am at home and I have access to all the foods! When I am at school I only have access to the lunch that I take with me as I am on a budget and don't buy extra from the school's cafeteria. That said, I did eat a bit more BUT within my eating window and it was ALL healthy foods. But I had way too much!

I know I have to work on my tendency to overeat and stuff myself. I will work on that for the coming weekend. Nothing drastic. But be more mindful in what I eat in my weekend eating window.

Financial Gains of OMAD

Am I the only one who have noticed that because I am not eating the entire fridge and food pantry, that there is more food in the house at the end of the week! Eating OMAD actually saved us money at the grocery store this weekend! And I have treats in my pantry that I bought over a week ago that I have not touched, simply because they have not found themselves in my eating window! Usually this is not the case...as I would eat ALL that is in the pantry and fridge as I knew that I would be heading to the grocery store on the weekend! o_O

OMAD is a saving money tool ;)

First Weigh-In
I have two and a half weeks before my first weigh-in. I am excited. I know that the scale only reflects numbers but I am happy as I feel changes in my clothes and even how my body looks in the mirror.

I have been doing OMAD for the last two weeks and I must say that it has not gotten easier BUT it is much more manageable. My body is getting use to not eating all the time. And I am realizing that I can eat once for the day and not die! In fact... I feel better eating OMAD!

This is not a quick fix solution, so I just have to trust the process and continue with OMAD (this is what I keep telling myself everyday!).

For the next two and half weeks (leading up to my first weigh-in), I am going to work on cutting out sugar from my liquids during my eating window. As well as place more emphasis on eating whole healthy homemade meals. I need to work on not taking snacks from my friends at school:rolleyes:o_O:(...my friends are very kind and generous and they mean well but I have to learn to say "no thank you" as these snack are not helping me achieve my goals.

Have a great OMAD week and see you tomorrow morning with my next update!

Happy OMADing;)
We got this:cool:

Those are awesome reports, @Sunny Shelley , and you are doing just great with this. When I first started, it was more likely that I would overeat at my meal for the day. I think it was just kind of a subconscious thing where I was telling myself that I had to “make up” for missing two meals, but gradually, I started listening to my body telling me that I was full, and since I hate throwing out food, I started making myself less food to eat.
That being said, I still have days when I don’t get very hungry, and some days when I feel ravenous, so I just let my body make the decisions of how much food it requires. I think that helps me to feel secure that i am not going to eat and still be hungry, like always happened when I was trying to lose weight on low calorie diets like Weight Watchers, or similar programs.

Those are awesome reports, @Sunny Shelley , and you are doing just great with this. When I first started, it was more likely that I would overeat at my meal for the day. I think it was just kind of a subconscious thing where I was telling myself that I had to “make up” for missing two meals, but gradually, I started listening to my body telling me that I was full, and since I hate throwing out food, I started making myself less food to eat.
That being said, I still have days when I don’t get very hungry, and some days when I feel ravenous, so I just let my body make the decisions of how much food it requires. I think that helps me to feel secure that i am not going to eat and still be hungry, like always happened when I was trying to lose weight on low calorie diets like Weight Watchers, or similar programs.

@Happyflowerlady , I so identify with the subconscious overeating mentality! I am happy to know that as I continue with OMAD that this will get better!! Listening to my body is a skill I am still learning!

Yup...this lifestyle is much better than any low calorie diet!!!!!;)

Yesterday: #16

1. Yes...I ate within my one hour eating window:cool:
2. Yes...I ate the cookies that my friends offered me during my eating window:rolleyes:
3. Yes...I drank sweetened tea during my eating window:eek:

I had a great day! ;)

I don't know if I am being to hard on myself.

I like eating with my friends and we share our lunch BUT I know that I am the only one on a weight-loss journey and I should not yield to temptation. I was very resolved yesterday morning. But as my lunch hour approached I slowly became hungry and increasingly so.

Initially, I said no to the sweetened tea when I was first offered and then my friend was like "What happened Shelley!?! We are not having tea today!" and it may have been my imagination, but she looked hurt. And so, I said yes and I enjoyed the tea with my lunch. My friend also had some cookies. I had offered her some of my fruits and she accepted and in returned offered me some cookie...yup! I accepted the cookies! I could have had one but I had more than one;)

I am weak:eek::rolleyes:o_O

Am I being to hard in these first weeks of OMAD? I am seeing results (have not been on the scale...just judging by the fit of my pants and how I look in the mirror and generally how I feel about myself!).

OK...I know I should not be eating sugar (because of a previous health scare!).

So I will promise myself not to drink any sweeten beverages. And I will only eat what is in my lunch box! I bring more than enough food in my lunch box and therefore don't need to eat cookies:rolleyes:. I will schedule my treat at the end of the month! Plus, I made some oats and banana cookies this weekend...So I also have cookies to eat!

I will report on these three things for the remainder of the week. and at the end of the week I will access how I am feeling.

Keeping myself accountable had been a blessing! I never thought I could be consistent with any diet. There are many habits I have to break but I know I can't do everything immediately!

Hope you are doing well and yes! We must resist the temptations!!

...or have only one;)

Nuff love

Do not be hard on yourself, @Sunny Shelley , the only real requirement for an OMAD diet is that you only have the one meal each day, and there are not really any restrictions for that meal except what you decide yourself, based on your health history, and the foods you want to eat.
Also, since OMAD is not just a diet, but actually a new way of life, it HAS to be something that you can live with for a long time. This means that it is important to allow yourself some days to just enjoy eating more than usual because it is a special occasion.
Who wants to go to a birthday party and not have cake and ice cream ? When we do this (and I have done it, too) then we start to resent the diet, and look for ways to stop doing it, which is usually just to binge eat and then quit altogether.
To avoid this, I eat what I should it when it doesn’t matter, so that I can eat what I want when it does matter, and then get right back on the program afterwards.
I think that it is unrealistic to expect to be able to follow any kind of a diet that restricts foods for every single day of our lives.

Also, I was just reading that Apple is donating 1,000 Apple Watches for research on binge eating. Here is the link to the article in case you are interested in signing up for the research study. You do have to have an iPhone to be able to be in the study because the watch needs to be connected with your phone.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/14/app...es-for-a-new-study-to-track-binge-eating.html