My gelatin drink

One of my favorite drinks is the traditional gelatin drink here. Aside from water and syrup, the main ingredient is gelatin that is sliced in small cubes or strips. Sometimes it has vanilla flavor. It is cheap and natural unlike soda which is expensive and is carbonated. However, I am warned about the sugar content of the gelatin drink because it contains syrup. And without syrup, it will be nothing to the taste. I am posting this to make me conscious of beverages that I can drink. I am still in the learning stage and I want to be sure that I can withstand the rigors of omad.

I would stay away from it during fasting period although during meal time I think it would be okay to consume. I would just be careful about making it a habit though, as I found I usually get a lot hungrier during fasting when my one meal consists of a lot of sugar. I don't know if it's the main contributor but it's why I'm trying to experiment with eliminating carbohydrates and sugars with my one meal in the near future and see if that helps me with my hunger during fasting.

It's delicious and can be quite filling with the gelatin and all but it's very sweet. It has a lot of sugar but I think if you switch honey with sugar it can become healthier and can fit into the OMAD diet.