My button popped off! :-(

Hello all, I'm a 59 year old guy with raised cholesterol and a BMI heading in the wrong direction. I'm not fat, I just have a bit of a belly that appeared 5 years ago. I've tried counting calories and eating healthy, but life just seems to get in the way. I resigned myself to getting old, overweight and unhealthy.

A couple of weeks ago the button popped of my favourite jacket, it was an expensive jacket made from Harris Tweed and I love it. This was a turning point for me, I need to do something about my health, my body, my mind. I watched a Youtube video (many videos actually) about fasting, one meal a day, Warrior diet etc, and decided that this was something I may be able to commit to. So, since last Sunday I have eaten one meal a day and drunk lots of water whilst living my life as normal. Tonight after my meal I looked down at my belly and was surprised to see my shirt buttons were not straining. I grabbed hold of my "love handles" and was amazed that they feel different somehow; not as firm, maybe a little smaller. My weight doesn't appear to have changed but there is definitely something going on that is moving me in the right direction even after one week of OMAD.

I found this forum after it was mentioned in a video and just wanted to tell someone how happy I feel about all this. I've sewn the button back on my jacket and I'm going to take control and put my life back in order! :)