Minerals and fasting

R

Randy ketterman

Should I be adding more mineral supplements when I fast?

During fasting we do need to fulfil the need of the daily supplements. So, having extra minerals and nutrition is important. Supplement in the form of minerals and vitamins are easily available in the market. Moreover, some supplements are added by drinking water, juices, and tender coconut water.

During fasting, I generally wake up having water melon juice and tender coconut water with the white coconut jelly to eat.

It’s all going to depend on whether or not you think you’re getting enough from your diet. If you have a diet rich in leafy greens, grains, beans, and nuts, then you probably aren’t going to need mineral supplements.

But still, the simple fact is that some of us can only stuff so much food into ourselves during a small eating window, and we might end up with less vitamins and minerals than we actually need. I definitely don’t think it would hurt to take multi-vitamins and minerals, particularly while fasting.

I think you should seek professional advice first before trying or adding supplements on your fasting. If you feel something wrong during fasting, it may not be insufficient minerals or nutrients it could be fatigue or a side effect of fasting. So i think a professional advice is really appropriate for correct measures.

@fishbate I've been fasting for a few months now, I've never known fasting to cause fatigue. If anything it energizes you.I think no matter how you feel it is advisable to take supplements, because you can never get everything from food, especially cooked food. Considering you may be eating less now on OMAD, I would take a mineral supplement if you can. I usually just have a muti-vitamin that has both minerals and vitamins and that serves me well.

Whenever I fast I don't drink Vitamin and Mineral Supplements because drinking it while fasting gives me an upset stomach. That's why I refrain from drinking any multivitamin and mineral supplements during a fast. I would just resume drinking it after the fast and doing this works for me.

I myself am not a fan of supplements but I guess some of them can't hurt to add to your diet. I've seen a few people making videos about their OMAD diet use some type of shake or pills to add to their daily meal. Personally, I prefer to just eat more vegetables and healthy ingredients to take care of that because it at least fills me up and also adds fiber and does it all more naturally and not to mention for a bit less money as well.

Definitley. Fasting makes us take less food so mean to say taking less minerals we need. Food supplement or vitamins can add up the minerals we need when we fast. Just know the right kind of minerals you wanted and try to buy product that is tested by many.

Supplements is adviceable when practicing OMAD diet but I highly recommend you to seek professional advice from your dietician or doctor.
As an OMAD diet practioner, my doctor prescripted combinations of supplements that is perfect for me. Like for example, I am a female and my doctor included calcium in my supplements among other kinds of minerals. I take calcium suoplements because females are more prone to ostheophorosis.
Your doctor know you best. But generally, supplements is goog for OMAD diet.

I'm not sure about what kind of minerals should we take if we are in fasting but for me Im not into supplements, rather I just drink barley juice in the morning when I am fasting and before I go to sleep. Maybe you can consult a doctor for your safety.

I'm not sure about what kind of minerals should we take if we are in fasting but for me Im not into supplements, rather I just drink barley juice in the morning when I am fasting and before I go to sleep. Maybe you can consult a doctor for your safety.
I just recently discovered barley juice that is also recommended by my doctor.A Powerful Source of Nutrition.
I was happy to know that it is really beneficial for OMAD diet. My doctor also said that it can be combined with any kind of diet and it is safe with OMAD. My doctor said that barley juice can provide many nutrition that lacks in some food. It helps control cholesterol in our body and boosts immunity. I also noticed that it improved my skin.

I just recently discovered barley juice that is also recommended by my doctor.A Powerful Source of Nutrition.
I was happy to know that it is really beneficial for OMAD diet. My doctor also said that it can be combined with any kind of diet and it is safe with OMAD. My doctor said that barley juice can provide many nutrition that lacks in some food. It helps control cholesterol in our body and boosts immunity. I also noticed that it improved my skin.

The truth is that I don't know that information. My mom just suggested me to drink the barley juice and now I just found out that it was recommended by doctor as what you have said. That info is helpful and yes I have heard that barley has a lot of benefits to the body that's why my mother recommend me this. It might not be that good taste but I still drink it and I have to.