Midnight Food Cravings, what do you do?

Ever had food cravings late at night or past midnight? While doing OMAD, what would you do if you experience midnight Food cravings?

If I ever see myself in this type of situation, what I always do is to take lots of water and relax with the hope that sleep comes soon. I don't give into such temptations as it is going to be dangerous for the diet goals that I set to achieve.

I haven't started OMAD diet yet. I am a breastfeeding mom right now so one meal a day might not be the best thing for me now. As a breastfeeding mom I needed to eat at least three times a day because I always feel hungry and thirsty. But if I were to ask if I am on OMAD diet and had cravings at night, I will just eat a little, because I believe if I restrict myself I might end up bingeing.

I think water would do the trick, it hydrates your body and at the same time you can feel full helping you with the cravings. I'm not sure but i think fruit juices is a good idea.

I think this happens mostly to people who are new to OMAD. When you are on OMAD you have to eat constantly within a certain window e.g have your dinner at 5.00, 6.00, 7.00pm e.t.c anytime that is convenient for you. Just make sure that it is at the same time your stomach and body will get used to it. I also recmmend that you eat low carb. Protein does a great job of keeping you full and controlling your cravings. That's why I'm the biggest proponent of low carb diets you get full, yet you continue to loose weight.

Actually, during 2 or 3 am, I'm always craving and feel hungry, that's why I used to get out on my apartment and look for food, and most of the time, I end up in 7/11 or street foods, and most of the time street noodles. I really love to eat that.

I don't know if this is a psychological dilemma but most of the time, I feel hungry during my fasting hours and feel full when I'm on feasting time. Maybe it's because while I am on fasting, I want to eat and waiting for the right time to eat is making me feel more hungry.

I used to have this experience long before I started OMAD and unfortunately I used to store away some snacks for it and it led me to having a protruding tummy but now I don't give in to such temptation. I sleep all through the night ,so no room for cravings

My eating window is between 3-5pm and normally I get some cravings at about midnight. What I do is drink a cup of coffee with some milk and a half teaspoon of sugar. After drinking my coffee I would then drink a glass of water.

Food cravings are usually a sign that you’re not getting enough nutrition during the day. I’d recommend taking a step back and looking at what your typical diet looks like, and trying to see if you’re eating in a balanced manner. If you’re not getting enough vitamins and minerals, your body is going to ramp up your appetite in an effort to get more nutrients into your body.

If I maintain a balanced diet, I find that I usually don’t get such intense cravings. If I do, I just chug a big glass of water and remind myself that the cravings will subside eventually. It’s important to not give in, as that will teach your brain that your cravings will be rewarded.

I'm usually asleep before I even get to have any hunger issues at night, so I don't really have problems with this. however, during the day, if I experience this, I usually drink water or milk/ fruit juice if it's really bothering me.

This happen to me like everyday till I just used to eat. And my friends is so cooperative that when I talking with themnin the middle of the night they will push the topic about foods so what I'm going to do is kick them out close my internet connection and bites my pillow start forcing myself to sleep.

If you are just a beginner you will continually or almost everyday feel this craving sensation. All you need to do is let your self sleep to avoid the hunger.

It happens to me a lot of times. What I do I just drink water and go to bed. I can't sleep easily so I just browse some net to forgot my cravings or I watch my favorite tv series for me not to concentrate on food. Its kind difficult for me to control but discipline is what I really need to do so yeah. That's what I did to find a way to avoid my temptation.

Some others have already mentioned hydration and I also think that’s key. Particularly at night, I often find myself getting pretty thirsty and sometimes it’s easy to mistake that for hunger.

The craving is actually my main apprehension with OMAD that's is why I am trying my best to gather all information that can help me withstand the rigors of OMAD. To be honest, I am already convinced that I need this kind of diet to drastically cut down my weight but it will be useless if I will start and then stop after a few days. I know that controlling the urge to eat is like falling into a temptation trap and I do not want to succumb to the cravings all the time.

Got married at the end of 1976. During my first year of marriage, I discovered that my husband was a midnight snacker. By the end of the first year of our marriage, he was no longer a midnight snacker. I do not believe in midnight snacking. It's against my religion!! :) I believe it's just a bad habit and people who do it just need to stop.