Meal Planning is Great!

I have been so worked up every night putting together a meal for the next day trying to make sure I would hit at least 1200 calories. So, I took some time this morning and sat down and came up with 13 different meals and entered them into cronometer so I don't have to even track now for over a month. I plan to rotate these 13 meals for the next 5 weeks and I'll do all of the bulk shopping I can this weekend. Then my weekly trips to the grocery store will be super simple since I'll just need fresh produce.

It's just a huge feeling of relief to have all of the "work" out of the way. Planning meals was the hardest part for me. Now I can focus on other things. I think I'll start a progress thread on Monday after my 2nd weigh-in since starting. I'm feeling good. I had 2 slip-ups in the first week, but I'm going strong this week and am excited to see the progress I've made come Monday.

Hi Agathist,

Wow, you are on a roll and I can feel your enthusiasm as I read your post. I'm sure the meal planning will help keep you on course. You inspired me to meal plan more consistently and I will agree that it is awesome. On Monday, I'll join you and start a progress thread as well. I'd also like to track/list my meals just as a way to not only be more accountable but share ideas with others. Also, I've been listing my meals on my phone and tracking my weight the following day to note any changes according to the meal I consumed the day before

I did feel like I was on quite the roll while getting the planning all done. When I started omad I decided to start a blog too. Just to have a place to write daily and I added my meals I came up with this afternoon to it. I could add some of them in my progress post too though. I haven't shared the blog with anyone yet since I don't know if I'll be able to follow-through with it. I've tried many times to make a blog and failed miserably, haha. I'm feeling like the blog along with doing omad are benefiting one another, so I'm starting to get a little hopeful that the blog will survive. I need to add more stuff to it then it will be ready to share I think. It isn't really anything in-depth or anything, more like an online journal I guess you could call it. I just needed a place to write stuff down and i had the forethought that someone may find it helpful, so I wrote it down publicly.

That is a good reason to weigh daily. I have found that certain foods affect my weight loss differently. I was eating a lot of breads and pasta in my meals and it was slower than I thought it would be, but then last night I had beef, potatoes, peppers, onions, and carrots and I was down double what I have been the last few days. So I took that into account when I made my meal plan. I have some good meals and some not as "healthy" ones. One of them even has just over 300 calories in chocolate. Sometimes you just need chocolate so I made sure to get that into a couple of my meals so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it after I already had a full meal.

Ah, I'm rambling again. I could go on and on for ages. I look forward to reading your progress post and to check out your meals for inspiration in my next meal planning venture.

I have been so worked up every night putting together a meal for the next day trying to make sure I would hit at least 1200 calories. So, I took some time this morning and sat down and came up with 13 different meals and entered them into cronometer so I don't have to even track now for over a month. I plan to rotate these 13 meals for the next 5 weeks and I'll do all of the bulk shopping I can this weekend. Then my weekly trips to the grocery store will be super simple since I'll just need fresh produce.

It's just a huge feeling of relief to have all of the "work" out of the way. Planning meals was the hardest part for me. Now I can focus on other things. I think I'll start a progress thread on Monday after my 2nd weigh-in since starting. I'm feeling good. I had 2 slip-ups in the first week, but I'm going strong this week and am excited to see the progress I've made come Monday.
That is a good idea Would you share some of the meals you came up with? Maybe in your progress thread you could add your menues. I'd find it interesting & helpful.

That is a good idea Would you share some of the meals you came up with? Maybe in your progress thread you could add your menues. I'd find it interesting & helpful.
I will share some meal ideas in my progress post. I've tried looking for meal ideas online and while there are ideas, there aren't really any that are all calculated out so you can find it, weigh the food out and cook and know how many calories you're consuming. I know some people don't track, but for me I have to, so having that info helps.

I will share some meal ideas in my progress post. I've tried looking for meal ideas online and while there are ideas, there aren't really any that are all calculated out so you can find it, weigh the food out and cook and know how many calories you're consuming. I know some people don't track, but for me I have to, so having that info helps.
Thanks, I'll look forward to it and reading your blog when you go public.

I did feel like I was on quite the roll while getting the planning all done. When I started omad I decided to start a blog too. Just to have a place to write daily and I added my meals I came up with this afternoon to it. I could add some of them in my progress post too though. I haven't shared the blog with anyone yet since I don't know if I'll be able to follow-through with it. I've tried many times to make a blog and failed miserably, haha. I'm feeling like the blog along with doing omad are benefiting one another, so I'm starting to get a little hopeful that the blog will survive. I need to add more stuff to it then it will be ready to share I think. It isn't really anything in-depth or anything, more like an online journal I guess you could call it. I just needed a place to write stuff down and i had the forethought that someone may find it helpful, so I wrote it down publicly.

That is a good reason to weigh daily. I have found that certain foods affect my weight loss differently. I was eating a lot of breads and pasta in my meals and it was slower than I thought it would be, but then last night I had beef, potatoes, peppers, onions, and carrots and I was down double what I have been the last few days. So I took that into account when I made my meal plan. I have some good meals and some not as "healthy" ones. One of them even has just over 300 calories in chocolate. Sometimes you just need chocolate so I made sure to get that into a couple of my meals so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it after I already had a full meal.

Ah, I'm rambling again. I could go on and on for ages. I look forward to reading your progress post and to check out your meals for inspiration in my next meal planning venture.
I agree with Yankey. I’d definitely read your blog if made public. I enjoy reading your posts already

I have a big advantage over the others here who are doing meal planning. My husband is in charge of the kitchen and all I do is eat what he serves. Now that I skip dinner, what I do is to pack my dinner to serve as my lunch for the next day. I enjoy eating food at home that’s why I prefer bringing my own lunch to the office instead of buying although sometimes I dine out with some of my colleagues.

I think this is one of the best things about OMAD which is that you only have to worry about eating once a day and because of that planning meals has become a lot more focused and simpler. Not only that but I once thought that eating healthily was too much of a chore and a battle I'd have to face three times a day but ever since I've been woken up to the fact that you could just eat once a day and pretty much still live normally, I've found that eating healthily has become a lot easier to imagine and push through with since sacrificing for just one meal a day isn't all that difficult.

I have been planning my meals all along because I know with weight loss,you don't have to wait still when you are hungry. Hunger can make one grab some cakes and fizzy drinks to quench it and thereby introducing more calories already in the system before eating the main meal.So I always plan my meals ahead of time and of course there will all be healthy options.So when once I'm hungry or in the eating window I have a healthy meal to eat.I hate to sabotage my efforts with junks so I plan my meals ahead of time.

@agathist
Planning makes a meal and saves time also. It makes yiu know the right food to take and the number of calories yiu need. Good planning will make you order the food you will need in advance.

Am sure this time you won't fall out as you are set. Actually am borrowing a leaf from you. It works like magic.