Manzanitas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manzanitas or Aratiles or Jamaican Cherries are rich in vitamin C, Protein, Calcium and Iron, it has antibacterial properties and and soothes abdominal cramps it also has pain blocking components.IMG_20180519_212013_580.jpg

Yes! I miss that fruit. I used to eat that in my childhood years since we have that in our backyard. Are you living in the Philippines?

Oh my Gosh! My favorite thing to do before when I was still young was to climbed in Mansanitaz tree and get those ripe mansanitaz. I miss this fruit that it brings back my childhood memories.

I remember that when I was a kid, that fruit is one of my favorite fruits in my place and my friends enjoy eating it.

This fruit is indeed very nutritious, but I have problems with how it tastes like, I'm not really sure why I was the only child I know who didn't like the fruit at all, and I'm usually the one who really likes fruits.

Interesting! I don't think I've ever seen those here in my country, but it sounds like they have loads of health benefits. Always nice when you can enjoy a food and get some extra benefits from it too!

We have manzanitas here as well but we called them on a different name, most people are buying because are rich in vitamin C.

I don't think we have this fruit in my country because I have never seen it in my locality here but it worth consuming if one has it in their locality.The health benefits are enormous and can help enhance ones health.

I have only heard about this fruit but I wasn't able to try and eat one because this is not available in my province. How does it taste tho? Does it taste like apples or cherries? Is it sweet or is it sour?

I have only heard about this fruit but I wasn't able to try and eat one because this is not available in my province. How does it taste tho? Does it taste like apples or cherries? Is it sweet or is it sour?

It has the consistency of of both cherries and apples, it's sweet and never sour, it's like super sweet apples and pears, it has that concentrated sweetness which is quite unique tasting. It's addictive when cold.

This fruit is indeed very nutritious, but I have problems with how it tastes like, I'm not really sure why I was the only child I know who didn't like the fruit at all, and I'm usually the one who really likes fruits.

Maybe because when you were young you ate a hot one, straight from the tree, and that would feel a bit sandy, with the pulp, it's really best eaten chilled or what we do then was to wash it in cold water before eating it, when I was a kid.

Maybe because when you were young you ate a hot one, straight from the tree, and that would feel a bit sandy, with the pulp, it's really best eaten chilled or what we do then was to wash it in cold water before eating it, when I was a kid.
I guess you're right, we usually take it straight from the tree and then eat it. Maybe I'll give it another go when I see one.

Wow, i have ones tried that fruit and i loved it. Although the fruit is not common in my area, i had my taste on that fruit while i was out of town. At first i was hesitant to eat because i was not familiar but when i did, i remember that it was a weird texture but has a flavorful sweet taste.

It has the consistency of of both cherries and apples, it's sweet and never sour, it's like super sweet apples and pears, it has that concentrated sweetness which is quite unique tasting. It's addictive when cold.
I see. It would definitely become one of my favorite fruits if this is available in the market where I live. Do you think there's available seeds or seedlings for this one that is sold on the market? and if yes, will it be easy to grow one?

I see. It would definitely become one of my favorite fruits if this is available in the market where I live. Do you think there's available seeds or seedlings for this one that is sold on the market? and if yes, will it be easy to grow one?

The manzanitas tree is like a guava tree in height but it has thinner branches. Yeah, you can order seeds online. It bear fruits all year round and is easy to grow.

The manzanitas tree is like a guava tree in height but it has thinner branches. Yeah, you can order seeds online. It bear fruits all year round and is easy to grow.
I see. Guess I have to search online and purchase one soon because I'm very interested to grow one and harvest afterwards (hopefully because I'm not that good with planting XD). Thanks for all the replies and enlightenment mate.

Since there were no gadgets at that time or it weren't that popular, kids used to play outside and play games with other kids. Sometimes if things were done, the favorite place they used to stay was in manzanitas tree.

I've never heard about it but in essence this is another super food? They are soooooo many touted super foods out there. Its getting hard to keep up. I guess I won't even bother because I don't think it will be found in my country. I think super foods are a marketing gimmick for multi nationals and big retailers to make massive profits. I'm sure there is a vitamin in the form of a pill and also I'm sure it's been featured on Dr oz. The marketing machine goes on and on it just never stops.

I have a niece who loves those aratilis or aratiles berries that are wild. When she bought a big parcel of land in the province, she had planted some of those berries. I told her that the aratilis tree attracts flies especially when it has many fruits that fall to the ground. But she still has those 2 big trees with lots of fruit mainly because of the vitamins that it can provide her. She said that eating those berries is better than taking vitamin pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.