Many thanks to Jimmy and this forum

I just wanted to pass on a word of thanks to Jimmy and the members of this forum. Over the past four months I have lost 36 pounds and four inches off my waist. Still need to lose 8 pounds to hit my ideal weight but none of it would have been possible if i hadn't come across this website. The benefits from OMAD have included a simple diet (one well-balanced meal is easier than trying to cut calories here and there 3x per day), a lot of financial savings (and a huge amount of time saved from meal preparation and cleanup), massively decreased alcohol consumption (who can afford to drink at lunchtime?), no more snoring, and a real strengthening of will power. I have realized that so much of eating (at least in the Mediterranean) is social and the first choice to kill boredom. For me, that has been the most challenging aspect. Also the fact that everyone around me thinks they have better ideas of how to lose weight (despite failing themselves at typical dieting). I do sometimes give in and have an additional meal or drinks at a party but the hunger pains that arrive the next day mean that I don't repeat very often. I don't think this diet is for everyone but if you have a competitive instinct it is possible and you can really achieve amazing results. For those of you over 50 years recognize that a slower metabolism means that weight loss may not come as quickly than if you were in your golden 30's. Many thanks again, Davoud

Welcome to the OMAD forum, @Davoud , and we are happy that you decided to join the forum and share with us. It sounds like OMAD has definitely been working for you, and since I am well over 50 (almost 74) I definitely noticed the slower metabolism problem, and have desperately wished I could lose weight as easily as it would slip off back when I was much younger.
At this point, just being healthy is my main motivator, and if the weight nudges down, or at least doesn’t go back up, then I am doing okay, even if it is not like the “golden 30’s”.

I agree completely, weight is almost a non-issue if you are actually healthy. The trick is not to lose weight, which is only a symptom of ill health, but rather to adjust to a much healthier diet, lifestyle, exercise, stress management, etc.. The weight loss will come on it's own automatically, as your health improves. Ideally with increased energy from that better health, it will also translate to greater motivation to improve one's social life as well, which is actually the greatest determinant of longevity, greater even than diet and exercise.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to pass on a word of thanks to Jimmy and the members of this forum. Over the past four months I have lost 36 pounds and four inches off my waist. Still need to lose 8 pounds to hit my ideal weight but none of it would have been possible if i hadn't come across this website. The benefits from OMAD have included a simple diet (one well-balanced meal is easier than trying to cut calories here and there 3x per day), a lot of financial savings (and a huge amount of time saved from meal preparation and cleanup), massively decreased alcohol consumption (who can afford to drink at lunchtime?), no more snoring, and a real strengthening of will power. I have realized that so much of eating (at least in the Mediterranean) is social and the first choice to kill boredom. For me, that has been the most challenging aspect. Also the fact that everyone around me thinks they have better ideas of how to lose weight (despite failing themselves at typical dieting). I do sometimes give in and have an additional meal or drinks at a party but the hunger pains that arrive the next day mean that I don't repeat very often. I don't think this diet is for everyone but if you have a competitive instinct it is possible and you can really achieve amazing results. For those of you over 50 years recognize that a slower metabolism means that weight loss may not come as quickly than if you were in your golden 30's. Many thanks again, Davoud

Thank you so much for your kind words @Davoud and welcome to the forums!. We are happy to help you and answer any questions you have along your journey! Hearing the success you are having on the Omad diet validates the reasons I started the entire website. I wanted other people to share the same kind of feeling I had when I lost all my weight.

This will really be motivating for new members that might be asking if OMAD really worth the time.Good that you are already there just a little to go and you will hit your desirable goal. I'm also thankful to the forum it has really been helpful.I haven't hit my desired weight too but I'm hopeful to get there soon.Well done.

This site and the OMAD diet is doing the world a great favour. I love the health benefits that go with OMAD. It is a world changer.