Liquids On The Omad Diet - What Can You Drink?

I love. Drinking milk every night so it become one of my cheat in Omad thats really sad. I think I only have water more and then one glass of milk sometimes I only having tea in the resto. For SODA I already avoiding drinking soda. Since it have a bad effect on me now.

Well, I am already allergic to milk so, letting go of it was easy. I stopped drinking milk and everything that has milk in it for a long time now.
But for tea, I love it! Here in my area, we drink tea three times a day or more. It has a lot of benefits to the overall health and it's tasty. But I will admit it, I am addicted to diet soda. I know it's not good at all and especially for me with all the health issues I have. :(

I drink fresh coconut water and some milk in my coffee, so these are my cheats while doing OMAD. i think drinking a bit won't harm my diet much.

I have checked on the link above for the allowed drinks. It is surprising that milk is a NO. As a senior woman who is susceptible to bone problems, I drink milk at least 3 times a week for purposes of strengthening my bones. Does that mean that i have to take calcium tablets instead? I prefer the natural foods and drink that's why I am resorting to fresh milk in the morning.

I love. Drinking milk every night so it become one of my cheat in Omad thats really sad. I think I only have water more and then one glass of milk sometimes I only having tea in the resto. For SODA I already avoiding drinking soda. Since it have a bad effect on me now.
We are drinking the same thing. I drink milk at night before going to bed. I also avoid soda now. I believed that it gives me belly fat.

It sadness me that I can't drink milk due to lactose sugar it contains.Milk is one of my favorite beverages and I drink it on a daily basis.The rest I agree on and can live without them.

I drink soya milk which is healthy and no preservatives.
Sometimes I drink fresh fruit juice. I dont drink soft drinks as it has lots calories.

I drink also soya milk. I love milk a lot but it contains a lot of calories I think so I just buy the lowfat milk which is more ideal for weight loss or if you taking your Omad diet.

Hello, I would like to advise @ huggypillows that according to some sources, taking milk at night just before bed isn't very healthy. This is because it is not utilized when we are asleep and is changed into fats or lipids.These fats in turn can cause obesity.

That's where I strongly agree with @ mark86; soy milk is far better than dairy milk since it has no fats, is rich in nutrients and is more delicious.

Hello, I would like to advise @ huggypillows that according to some sources, taking milk at night just before bed isn't very healthy. This is because it is not utilized when we are asleep and is changed into fats or lipids.These fats in turn can cause obesity.

That's where I strongly agree with @ mark86; soy milk is far better than dairy milk since it has no fats, is rich in nutrients and is more delicious.

Yeah, soya millk is better than dairy milk. Soya milk contains vitamin A, vitamin B, Vitamin D. calcium and magnesium. Milk also contains of vitamins and calcium but soy is more healthier because it has fiber that helps reduce bad cholesterol.

Great tips, i like the fact that you included bone broth! I love drinking it specially chicken broth. It's somehow good as a soup and as replacement for coffee specially on cold days. It's really good with a little bit of lemon.

I love drinking tea in the morning especially green tea and lemon tea. Whenever I drink waem beverages, I avoid adding sugar instead I add a little bit of honey. If I feel I have craving for sweets, I usually buy citrusy fruits and juice them. I get my daily doze of fiber by drinking soya milk. I avoid soda and sugary coffee.

Me too I avoided soda for long time when I found out that it was contained of many sugar that is bad to our body. I like fresh juices straight from the fruits. I also make my own refreshment like a mix of water,lemon, apple cider and a little bit of organic honey to taste.

Some of the posts are not about drinks on the list of allowed beverages when on the OMAD diet. When you are in your eating window, then milk, fruits, juices, and even soda pop would be allowed; but if you read the link that is posted at the top of this thread, we are actually discussing what liquids are okay to drink during the hours we are fasting.
Anything like milk or juice is going to add sugar in the bloodstream, and will spike insulin, which is exactly what we are trying to avoid with the fasting.

Last edited:
Well, I am already allergic to milk so, letting go of it was easy. I stopped drinking milk and everything that has milk in it for a long time now.
But for tea, I love it! Here in my area, we drink tea three times a day or more. It has a lot of benefits to the overall health and it's tasty. But I will admit it, I am addicted to diet soda. I know it's not good at all and especially for me with all the health issues I have. :(
I pretty much do without liquid milk. I take nothing with milk and for the longest time even before OMAD i did. However the thing that I take to cover up for any lactose is yoghurts on several occasions.

I never thought the liquid you drink has a big factor in our OMAD diet. I alway drink water jsut for me to be safe. And avoid too much sweet drinks and cola becaucse they are the one that surely not for our healthy body.

I like to drink water now I just want to see how it goes with just taking in water as fluid.i'm trying to eat a balanced diet daily as possible.Maybe I will in calculate tea and mineral water later in the Future.

In my case I avoid drinking too much soda because I feel like it only hurts my tummy every time I drink that when I am on a diet. Drinking water is good because it has no side effects. But juices is sometimes I drink with my diet to provide more taste and enjoyment in my eating window. Milk is my choice whenever I don't want to eat. It helps me a lot when I am hungry.

This interview has thrown me for a bit of a loop.

Joe Rogan & Dr. Rhonda Patrick - Time Restricted Eating

Dr. Rhonda Patrick asserts that drinking 'anything' other than water, including unsweetened coffee or tea, will break one's fast. If this is the case, would that not necessarily constrain us to nothing but water for 23 hours, drinking other than water only with our meal?

I am thinking of giving myself a coffee window of between eight am and noon, and eating my daily meal at noon. That will still be OMAD, it is still darn close to a warrior diet, even if the coffee breaks the fast, and is probably 'almost' as good as drinking nothing but water for 23 hours, but still would allow for the benefits of coffee.

Eating at noon gives you the body energy to last till sleep (for me that's midnight). Then the fasting would happen during sleep. The 'hunger', such as it may be, would be during that last stretch, mitigated during the final stretch by the appetite suppression of the coffee.

Last edited: