Lifting Weights during OMAD

I tried lifting some weights when I was doing OMAD and it was okay at first but after 10 mins I got nauseous and had to stop my workout. It seems that lifting weights isn't a good exercise while doing OMAD it drains you of power and energy very fast.

Pardon me for this comment because I don’t find doing heavy workout when you are on OMAD. Take note that your body has been getting nutrients just once a day unlike the common 5 meals a day here. That means your body is deprived of food hence it is natural to be weaker. Doing heavy workout can aggravate the condition of the muscles. Lifting weights also has a bad effect on the tendons when your body is out of condition. We have a family friend who suffered a torn quadriceps because of lifting heavy weights while on a diet.

I had the same thing happen to me. I was going to do 7 sets of 10 burpees, 10 pushups, 10 kettle bell squats, and 10 kettlebell swings and I had to do those with minimal rest as the protocol dictated.

I hadn't eaten since the night before. I managed to get to the 3rd set but going on my 4th set I immediately felt my energy level crashed. I stopped bluntly. Since I still had some time I finished my workout with a brisk walk of 15 minutes. So I learned first hand that OMAD and high intense exercises will do that. As long as I stopped when I felt that energy crash, I was ok. I still continue this protocol to this day.

I attributed this energy crash to my glycogen stores being depleted and my advanced age of 40...

The first time I tried lifting weights after not eating all day, I felt weak. I could get through the entire workout, but I had to decrease the amount of weight I was using on almost every exercise. Over time, however, my body made the adjustment. I’ve now set personal bests on every exercise I do. From what I’ve read, you have to allow your body to make the switch from being a sugar-burner to a fat-burner. This is why following a Keto diet is so popular among OMADers. I don’t do Keto, but I don’t eat a lot of carbs either. I do have a cup of black coffee prior to working out. But I was doing that even before OMAD.

In terms of the actual workout, I stick to compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, bench press, etc.) doing 3 sets of 6-8 reps. I do have to rest more. Before OMAD, I would rest maybe 1 minute between sets. Now I need two minutes. That might be because I’m working out fasted. Or it might just be because I’m lifting heavier than before. But whatever qualms I had about lifting weights while fasted have been erased.

My gym instructor had told us before hand that it might not be wise to do such strenuous exercises with OMAD so as not to exert so much pressure on the body.So I have resorted to doing cardios more,you can try dancing, jogging ,walking ,swimming, skipping etc.These are effective for weight loss but it needs consistency.

I try to avoid extraneous activities while I am in OMAD diet. My most intense kind of exercise is jogging. Beyond that I do not try any intense workout. I too get nauseated. But I do yoga and planking. Exercise is good for the wellbeing. That is why I do my best to exercise even in OMAD diet.

If you will try doing a ketogenic diet along with the OMAD program, then you will never feel so tired because you will switch from using a short-term fuel (sugar) to burning a heavy fuel (fat ketones), and since we all have plenty of extra fat on our body, we can just keep on doing whatever we usually do and not be tired like a person is when we are eating carbs and burning the sugar for fuel.
I really notice the difference in my energy level, and how much I am able to do when I have fasted and my body is burning body fat for fuel.
Many body builders are using one meal a day, or some other forum of intermittent fasting because it does give you more of the important hormones your body needs to become strong.

You don't need to get into heavy weight lifting every time you hit the gym. There is always a limit to what kg you should lift on daily basis depending on how capable you think would be possible for. It's always better to keep the kg lifted at an average level and increase if you think you can lift more.

There are too many factors at work here to narrow it down to OMAD being the problem. With all due respect, it could just be that your own physical stamina isn’t what it once used to be, especially if you haven’t lifted weights in a long time. I say this because I do bodyweight strength training while on OMAD and haven’t seen any sort of deterioration in my performance. At times it actually seems that my performance improves, particularly if I’m doing OMAD in conjunction with a ketogenic diet.

Be sure that you’re getting enough macro and micro nutrients during your eating window, as weakness could be a sign of being deficient in some areas.

I’ve been doing beginning strength linear progression and been having sensible results with OMAD. Losing weight and still creating gains. I raise once before going to school and so I cook dinner shortly once I got home. My meal is usually vegetable and some protein shake at this time, simply however I still need to hit my goal once lifting I did stall on strength gains after I went on the far side each day.

I tried lifting some weights when I was doing OMAD and it was okay at first but after 10 mins I got nauseous and had to stop my workout. It seems that lifting weights isn't a good exercise while doing OMAD it drains you of power and energy very fast.

What I do: I hit the gym a few times per week and do an hour of power walking as well each day as well. I do a quick total body circuit and then 20 min. cardio HIT routine. You may not be fat adapted and so when your glycogen stores run out you are bonking. Fat adapted means a persons body has become super efficient at tapping fat stores for energy so those feelings of no energy/bonking never happen. To become fat adapted one usually has been on some type of Keto plan for some time.

Fat Adapted Link: https://www.perfectketo.com/fat-adapted/

I don't lift weights when I am doing Omad as it may be tiring to me. What I normally do is to focus on doing home works like push-up, planking and other minor drills that won't make me feel very weak while training. This is not to say that there are people that are not okay with lifting weights, but since it is not cool for you, I would suggest that you stop the exercising for now.