Lemon grass tea

A few years back, I was diagnosed with high cholesterol level. After taking medication for 2 weeks, I thought I was back to normal because I didn’t have a laboratory test again. But when a small mass appeared on the side of my eyes, that got me worried. Someone recommended lemon grass tea. It tastes like ginger tea and with a little sugar, it tastes okay with me. Lemon grass tea lowers the cholesterol level and aids in losing weight. I have been drinking lemon grass tea and although it did not affect my weight but it certainly pulled down my cholesterol level.

My grandad taught me how to drink lemon grass tea and he was diabetic at that time.I didn't know the health benefits at that time because I just liked the flavour of it but now I'm a lot wiser about it.I take it sometimes if I don't take my usual green tea.

I've heard a lot of good things about Lemon Grass Tea which is locally known in the Philippines as Tanglad. It's usually use to flavor rice along with Pandan leaves. Also it's being used in soups, meat and fish dishes, it gives a distinct light citrus aroma and flavor.
I had tasted it, there's a tea variety here which has Lemon Grass and Ginger and it's said to be good for diabetes and for normalizing cholesterol levels.

A friend of me was in your case, he took medication, natural remedies but his cholesterol level was still high, he tried lemongrass tea and even if it took him more than four months his cholesterol level came to normal.

I have never tried this before but the name sounds familiar and I'm sure I've heard it somewhere before. As much as I prefer to depend on medication for ailments, I do believe that supplementing it with natural means can't hurt most of the time. I have mostly only been drinking green tea with my OMAD diet and while that is healthy I know there are other healthier drinks I could use such as this or maybe even ginger tea. I think I'm going to experiment with other drinks including this one in the next few weeks.

Lemon grass is known to have lots of medicinal values. It is been used to prepare herbal medicine for me by my grandfather when he was still alive. So, getting to hear it was used to control your cholesterol levels didn't come as surprise.

Growing up in the Philippines and as my grandmother as my primary guardian, I am very used to drinking lemon grass tea every morning. My grandparents told me that if I reach puberty I should start making healthy habits like drinking herbal concoction to balance my metabolism. Obessity runs in our family. My grandparents thought me how can I better deal my weight problems since puberty. Lemon grass tea is one of the first tea I ever had. I believe that it can lower cholesterol because my grandparents doesn't have problems in high cholesterol. I incorporate different kinds of herbal tea, fruit water and soy milk in my OMAD diet and it is really good.

I've heard a lot of good things about Lemon Grass Tea which is locally known in the Philippines as Tanglad. It's usually use to flavor rice along with Pandan leaves. Also it's being used in soups, meat and fish dishes, it gives a distinct light citrus aroma and flavor.
I had tasted it, there's a tea variety here which has Lemon Grass and Ginger and it's said to be good for diabetes and for normalizing cholesterol levels.
I agree. Tanglad or "Lemon Grass" can really help on a diet. Haven't tried it in a tea but I'm quite sure that it'll taste great because Tanglad really gives a good aroma with foods. It can normalize cholesterol level which is a good thing so that you won't have any complication while having OMAD. Drinking tea is a good way to lose weight and I believe that all tea's are capable on helping people to lose weight but it may vary among the kinds of coffee.

Last edited:
Lemongrass tea has for some time been acclaimed in the natural tea advertise for its solid fragrance and tart taste. Lemongrass benefits skin by detoxifying it anticipates gastrointestinal scatters and hoists the invulnerability. Different lemongrass tea formulas incorporate the consideration of nectar, a piece of cinnamon or an additional drop of lemon, in any case, lemongrass olive tea in itself tastes very healthy and doesn't more often than not require any additional components. The topic of making lemongrass tea is essentially replied as in no lose fixings should be secured for making Lemongrass Olive Tea.