lemon and ginger tea during fasting period - tea bag name 'Stash Herbal Tea - Lemon Ginger'

You can take this tea as long as you still go ahead to eat some nutritious meal to back it up. Doing Omad involves eating in the right way that it is going to benefit you as well.

It's because you can drink coffee, tea, and water during your fasting time. I also tea, particularly turmeric tea with ginseng. It's like a detoxifying drink as well. Some does drink coffee instead. Caffeine can helps you survive for a while not unlike tea does.

Can I eat a lemon & ginger tea during fasting time?
I looked up the calories of this tea bag and it says zero calories.
Welcome to the OMAD forum, @omad_for_life ! Are you just starting the OMAD program, or have you been doing this way of eating for a while now ?
When we are fasting, pretty much any tea is fine, the main thing is not to add sugar, because that breaks the fast and the sugar also spikes insulin.
I don’t really like tea just plain, so I usually have coffee in the mornings, but sometimes later in the afternoon, I do have tea. When I do, I add a little no-calorie sweetener. It is not good to be using a lot of this, but I only have a little of it now and then, so as far as I can tell, it is working okay for me.
There is also some good information about drinking tea , if you look on the main website for this forum, as well as a lot of other great information.

Anything that is zero-calorie and doesn’t have any artificial sweeteners should be absolutely fine during your fasting window. The purists are going to tell you that anything that isn’t water is a “no go,” but I don’t believe in restricting your diet that severely, particularly for daily fasting purposes.

Herbal tea, green tea, black tea, black coffee—all of these things should be fine so long as you’re not sweetening them with anything or obviously adding calories with things such as milk or creamer. If I didn’t get to drink green tea during my fasting window, I might have hurt someone by now, haha.

Welcome to the OMAD forum, @omad_for_life ! Are you just starting the OMAD program, or have you been doing this way of eating for a while now ?
When we are fasting, pretty much any tea is fine, the main thing is not to add sugar, because that breaks the fast and the sugar also spikes insulin.
I don’t really like tea just plain, so I usually have coffee in the mornings, but sometimes later in the afternoon, I do have tea. When I do, I add a little no-calorie sweetener. It is not good to be using a lot of this, but I only have a little of it now and then, so as far as I can tell, it is working okay for me.
There is also some good information about drinking tea , if you look on the main website for this forum, as well as a lot of other great information.
Thank you,
I am just a beginner for the OMAD.
I would like to do OMAD for life long~

Anything that is zero-calorie and doesn’t have any artificial sweeteners should be absolutely fine during your fasting window. The purists are going to tell you that anything that isn’t water is a “no go,” but I don’t believe in restricting your diet that severely, particularly for daily fasting purposes.

Herbal tea, green tea, black tea, black coffee—all of these things should be fine so long as you’re not sweetening them with anything or obviously adding calories with things such as milk or creamer. If I didn’t get to drink green tea during my fasting window, I might have hurt someone by now, haha.
I also tried Pu'er Tea which is zero calorie too and very good taste...
By the way, the main reason why I take the ginger tea is I feel COLD during fasting window, so I hope this GINGER tea could warm up my body a little bit~~

Well, yes. It is fine to drink such tea of yours since it has no calories. Actually, it might help you in your diet. Tea can help in removing unwanted toxins in our body and that could help you burn fats. Especially that it has no calories which is good and a positive one since it will not add up to your calorie content in your body causing fats.

Can I eat a lemon & ginger tea during fasting time?
I looked up the calories of this tea bag and it says zero calories.

If the drink have zero calories as you mentioned, then it's completely fine to take whenever you are on OMAD. Sugar is the bane of OMAD especially when it comes to what you drink in your fasting window. Coffee without cream or sugar does the trick for me when I'm fasting.

no replies so far...
Did I ask so obvious question??

I believe these teas and coffee are good to OMAD. I used to sweeten mine with honey but now I know sweetening is not right. I take a lot of tea in my OMAD.

I believe taking liguids during OMAD without any addictive or sweetener isn't wrong.you can go ahead with your ginger tea, I used to drink green tea then but now I just clean water during my fasting window still my eating time.The best bet is eating a balanced diet meal during the eating period for nutrients.

I believe taking liguids during OMAD without any addictive or sweetener isn't wrong.you can go ahead with your ginger tea, I used to drink green tea then but now I just clean water during my fasting window still my eating time.The best bet is eating a balanced diet meal during the eating period for nutrients.

Once there is sugar or any sweetener in the drinks that you take in your fasting window, it's already ruined for the day because the sweetener causes insulin spike that brings an end to your fasting. Water is probably the best liquid to take because it digests immediately.

Once there is sugar or any sweetener in the drinks that you take in your fasting window, it's already ruined for the day because the sweetener causes insulin spike that brings an end to your fasting. Water is probably the best liquid to take because it digests immediately.
You're right water too has zero calorie and it filled one up for a long time too.i just wanted to start drinking only water for a while and I'm achieving it though other liquids can be taken too to spice things up though without sweeteners.

I haven't try it in fast. However yes you can drink lemon and ginger tea when you're in fast there is nothing wrong with it. Just make sure it has zero calorie on it. Check the back table before you drink it.

You're right water too has zero calorie and it filled one up for a long time too.i just wanted to start drinking only water for a while and I'm achieving it though other liquids can be taken too to spice things up though without sweeteners.

Some people would just look down on water calling it just common water but in essence water is the very important in one's life no minding any other liquid one can take. A colleague of mine does watery therapy every now and then, her body always looks fresh and well hydrated.

Some people would just look down on water calling it just common water but in essence water is the very important in one's life no minding any other liquid one can take. A colleague of mine does watery therapy every now and then, her body always looks fresh and well hydrated.
That's the essence of water to keep one hydrated and during the fasting period it helps filled one in.Yes,I have tried the water therapy a long time ago.it helps to detox the body and flush out free radicals too.