It is better to workout at gym than at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, I just want to know your opinion about it because I want to know which is a better place to workout while doing OMAD. Thanks!

I believe that the right place to exercise would definitely be dependent on where is comfortable for someone.

There are those who cannot find it easy going to the gym, take for instance someone who is an introvert would prefer exercising at home instead of going to the gym.

Normally, I'm comfortable with taking my exercise workouts at home or at the gym, as long as it helps me achieve my goals, the place it's carried out doesn't matter.

I think it is a matter of taste. For motivation and right instruction it is better to work out in a gym. At the gym they are instructors who may show you the correct way to perform certain exercises. They may suggest other exercises you can do to target special problem areas. The gym also helps you stay motivated. You have to schedule your visits and no messing around when you get there.What I don't necessarily like about the gym is all that contact with other people's sweat. Also the gym does not come cheap. I prefer working out at home but this requires a lot of discipline.

For me, it depends upon what you really need and what would make you comfortable. If you're really obese and you have a lot of extra weight to shred, then it's better to go to the gym and hire an instructor so that you'll be given an expert advice which parts of your body you should focus first on trimming. Trainers are also knowledgeable about what better exercises you should do and what exercises are appropriate for your body type. However, if you don't have that much weight to shred and you don't feel like you need an instructor, then you can do exercises at home. I actually prefer to exercise at home because I just have small extra fats in my belly so I don't think I need to go to the gym to trim that.

I couldn't agree more yes its better to work out in the gym talking from experience ,working out at home alone gets someone tired faster and their is no mood at all ,I used to exercise at home I got bored ,no one is around but when I went to the gym their was music people who encourage you and a gym teacher who will help you and tell you your not doing the crunches right that's why it will be hard loosing weight

I think it depends in your dicipline and how bad you want to achieve your goals. In the gymyou will have people that can instruct you to what workout to do and for how long, I tried the gym several times, but my anxiety made it really hard so I quitted. In home you probably will be more comfortable, but if you're like me, you can easiyl get distracted and just forgetthat you actually have fo work out.

For me, it's better to workout in a gym because there are people who can guide you and even motivate you to workout harder. Unlike when you are at home, you may stop and get tired so easily. But if you have the equipments at home, know the DOs and DONTs and if you are self-motivated, you may want to do it there to save money. Ironically, I haven't tried going to a gym yet hahaha. Though I really want to try it.

I believe that the right place to exercise would definitely be dependent on where is comfortable for someone.

There are those who cannot find it easy going to the gym, take for instance someone who is an introvert would prefer exercising at home instead of going to the gym.

Normally, I'm comfortable with taking my exercise workouts at home or at the gym, as long as it helps me achieve my goals, the place it's carried out doesn't matter.
You're right! It's depend on the people which place makes them feel comfortable. For me, I'm comfortable to exercise at the gym. Thanks by the way.

I think it is a matter of taste. For motivation and right instruction it is better to work out in a gym. At the gym they are instructors who may show you the correct way to perform certain exercises. They may suggest other exercises you can do to target special problem areas. The gym also helps you stay motivated. You have to schedule your visits and no messing around when you get there.What I don't necessarily like about the gym is all that contact with other people's sweat. Also the gym does not come cheap. I prefer working out at home but this requires a lot of discipline.
I agree, at the gym I can do the right way of exercises that the instructors thinks which is best for me to improve my body. Honestly, I'm trying to try to workout at home, but as you said that it requires a lot of discipline it makes me think that I prefer to go workout at the gym for now. Thanks!

I prefer to have my workout at home since the gym is too far from our house and so I need to allot time and money for traveling. I can save also money since I don't have travel to pay gym memberships.

I prefer to have my workout at home since the gym is too far from our house and so I need to allot time and money for traveling. I can save also money since I don't have travel to pay gym memberships.
That's good, saving money is important in our life and has a benefit for our future. I'll try this someday to workout at home.

You're right! It's depend on the people which place makes them feel comfortable. For me, I'm comfortable to exercise at the gym. Thanks by the way.

You are very much welcome @Booker, I'm absolutely glad to offer my opinion on this inquiry. Working out in the gym is as good as working out at home as long as one knows how to go about it.

I do go to the gym every now and then, it's a nice feeling getting to see the competition at the gym and the seriousness of people who are determined to achieve their gym and workout goals.

Choosing the right place is based on your preferences or where you feel comfortable with and it defends on our personality. Some wants to workout on their home and some other prefer to work at gym. It really defends on the person involved.

Choosing the right place is based on your preferences or where you feel comfortable with and it defends on our personality. Some wants to workout on their home and some other prefer to work at gym. It really defends on the person involved.

For me it is good to workout at gym because of completeness of tools or equipment that you can use for exercise. Aside from that there is also a gym instructor that you ask or assist you during workout.

It's better for me to train at the gym. There are more tools, more dumbbells, you see other people who motivate you, and when I go to the gym, then I do the training properly, I do not miss out. But when I'm practicing at home, then I know I'm messing around and not practicing regularly. Although everything depends on person to person. Who is used to it and what is more pleasing to him.

You're welcome! I wish you the best. I believe that once you started doing it, it'll just be a normal habit and results will surely come afterwards, wherever you do it.

Being at the gym and seeing everyone else having their work out will also make you motivated. So I suggest do work out at the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.