Is weight genetic?

I think parents and children can be of similar weight and size because the children follow the lifestyle of their parents. So basically if your parents eat really healthily, their kids will be given healthy food too. I don't think it's genetic. But maybe it is?

I believe that weight can be genetic to some degree. One thing I’m sure of is that the distribution of fat is pretty much entirely genetic. Some people are prone to accumulating fat around the belly, some around the thighs, and some simply have even distributions throughout their entire body.

I, for one, seem to accumulate more around the abdomen, as does my father, which leads me to believe that there are certain genetic factors at work here. My cousin, on the other hand, has even fat distribution throughout his entire body, just as his father does as well.

Now, whether or not a person actually puts on weight to begin with, is more likely to be a personal choice in lifestyle or other underlying medical condition.

I think parents and children can be of similar weight and size because the children follow the lifestyle of their parents. So basically if your parents eat really healthily, their kids will be given healthy food too. I don't think it's genetic. But maybe it is?
Can be IMO, but what the person does with their genetics matters greatly.

Let me bring my answer closer with another reference as to why weight can very possibly be genetic even though there are some that are self induced.

Now, let me ask if height is genetic or not? The answer is YES. So, if height is genetic, why won't weight be genetic as well?

There is a woman living in the same neighborhood with me, she is very fat and would most likely weigh more than 250 pounds weight. All her children are very fat which shows the gene was passed down to her kids.

To an extent, weight can be genetic, but it does not mean that the type of food that we eat do not contribute to that. I used to look fat just like my mom and dad, but since I began doing Omad, I think that changes has occurred.

I think there are some cases where it is genetic but from what I know even experts haven't really found a definitive answer for this yet. However, even if it is genetic I believe that you can still combat it and it may just be more difficult than for others who are more able to naturally shed weight faster. Although I guess for some it does get too difficult to the point where it just seems more natural for them to be at a certain higher body weight that it really makes you question if that may be a bit more acceptable for them considering some people even at that stage still get to live very long.

I think there are some cases where it is genetic but from what I know even experts haven't really found a definitive answer for this yet. However, even if it is genetic I believe that you can still combat it and it may just be more difficult than for others who are more able to naturally shed weight faster. Although I guess for some it does get too difficult to the point where it just seems more natural for them to be at a certain higher body weight that it really makes you question if that may be a bit more acceptable for them considering some people even at that stage still get to live very long.
I will say yes to a large extent because our bodies get some of the features from our parent's genes.I have been battling obesity right from my childhood because my mother had the same problem but the way out is just trying to control it and hope you make a success of it through dieting and exercising. OMAD can be effective if done rightly.

Yes I think. I know someone who are overweight I mean their family members are all obese except from the mother. I think sometimes its from the attitude . For example both parents are too lazy to do exercise so there's a tendency that the offspring will have that attitude also. They will not be actively athletic and just choose to watch tv but I think it also depends. I think food is another way around so it might be that the attitude he got from both parents is lazy one but since he is not into food, he doesn't gain so much weight I guess.

Weight is not generic. Members of one family may have bad eating habits that may result in a family being overweight.

Unless a family knows how to cut down calories and eating of high cholesterol meals, they will be obese. If they will opt for intermittent fasting then they will cut down on weight. Lack of exercises may also cause obesity. The body needs plenty of exercises.

Eating between meals also happens to be a factor to overweight. They seem to have an amazing appetite. If you see them they are always gnawing at something.

To an extent, weight can be genetic, but it does not mean that the type of food that we eat do not contribute to that. I used to look fat just like my mom and dad, but since I began doing Omad, I think that changes has occurred.

In as much as genes plays a part in whether one is going suffer from obesity, it doesn't make genes the primary factor because there are some other environmental factors that can contribute to one getting too much weight. Just like you pointed out doing OMAD, it helps one to keep control of what makes them gain weight.

I believe that weight can be genetic to some degree. One thing I’m sure of is that the distribution of fat is pretty much entirely genetic. Some people are prone to accumulating fat around the belly, some around the thighs, and some simply have even distributions throughout their entire body.

I, for one, seem to accumulate more around the abdomen, as does my father, which leads me to believe that there are certain genetic factors at work here. My cousin, on the other hand, has even fat distribution throughout his entire body, just as his father does as well.

Now, whether or not a person actually puts on weight to begin with, is more likely to be a personal choice in lifestyle or other underlying medical condition.

I can relate to this because I don't have an even fat distribution just like my parents and the part where I get the most fat is on my belly which is a little bit awkward looking because I have slightly skinnier hands and legs. My older sister my older brother is the same as well. However, I do believe that it can be altered with a proper diet and exercise. Unfortunately, it will eventually go back whenever you start eating normally again.

For me, I think there are some in which their sizes were passed down to their offsprings. I think it is possible that it is passed down through genetics. But I agree with you that the eating habit of the parents can be adopted by their children resulting that the family will have the same sizes. That still depends on the capability of the person to eat. We can still get ahold of what size we want to have and do something about it.

In some point yes. But if you don't get the kind of appetite they have then you will not have the kind of body or weight they have. Looks like the way they eat is what we get from there genes. And some sickness that makes us fat or thin are things we get from there genes too.

For me, I think there are some in which their sizes were passed down to their offsprings. I think it is possible that it is passed down through genetics. But I agree with you that the eating habit of the parents can be adopted by their children resulting that the family will have the same sizes. That still depends on the capability of the person to eat. We can still get ahold of what size we want to have and do something about it.

Exactly! There is every possibility of getting the weight gene genetically passed down from parents to their offsprings but a huge part of actually being that way is 80% dependent on the feeding habits of the individual.

In as much as, one already posses the genes that makes one to get fat easily, it can still be controlled with what one eats, when one eats and the exercises one engages into.