Status
Not open for further replies.
He sauntered into my abode at dinner time. Our maid had prepared a meal for our three children aged 15, 13 and five years respectively. My wife and I were on OMAD and had eaten between one and two and we were not taking the dinner. Oduor, our visitor, was shocked.

"We are on One Meal A Day diet." My wife explained to him.

He shook his head in disbelief.

"How can you take only one meal in the whole day and you are very rich. It is only the poor who take only one meal. They cannot afford three meals a day," Oduor said.

My wife undertook to explain the advantages of intermittent fasting to him. The man stared with his mouth wide open. In OMAD there was no counting of calories and one needed not to count macro nutrients. One was to eat enough food to fill his tummy. It was called a 23/1 meal. One was to use 23 hours fasting and 1 hour feeding. In this way calories were restricted and the body used the 23 hours to burn fats.

Eating of a fruit and taking of fluids was not restricted in OMAD. Only high caloried liquuds like soda were to be avoided during the intermittent fasting. Bone broth was hughly recommended in the fast.

Intermittent fasting helped greatly in losing of weight. My wife and I who used to be overweight were now trim bodied. Oduor nodded his head in agreement.

The diet was easy to follow. OMAD dieters were allowed to keep their time of eating. It was called an eating window. The other 23 hours a day was for the fast. That was simple enough. There was no counting of calories. You just ate during that time set for your eating.

OMAD was known to lower blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes. That is something which was welcome news. Oduor was diabetic. We soon understood that we shall have a disciple soon.

OMAD will also increase the lifespan of overweight people. Obese people had another addition to their lifespan with intermittent fasting.

It improves memory too. And that is how we got a disciple. He understood OMAD was not for the poor.

People that are new to OMAD will never understand because they believe it only lack of food that can actually make one opt for a meal a day. One just need to always explained to newbies the advantages of eating just a meal daily especially for those that are over weight or obese.OMAD enable one to still look healthy because we will be eating balanced diet and very nutritious meals which will make us look refreshed and healthy while poor people look haggard and malnourishied from eating little or no nutritious food even if it twice daily.

People that are new to OMAD will never understand because they believe it only lack of food that can actually make one opt for a meal a day. One just need to always explained to newbies the advantages of eating just a meal daily especially for those that are over weight or obese.OMAD enable one to still look healthy because we will be eating balanced diet and very nutritious meals which will make us look refreshed and healthy while poor people look haggard and malnourishied from eating little or no nutritious food even if it twice daily.
This is an excellent point, @Enyi , and the importance of eating a healthy, nutritious diet is an essential part of the OMAD eating plan. Although some people just eat the same kinds of foods that they ate before they started the OMAD diet, their body will still suffer from lack of nutrition, and they will not get the health benefits from the intermittent fasting.
A person who is too poor to afford enough food, is not going to look healthy, regardless of how often they eat. Omad is not about starvation, it is about regulating the times when you eat food .

I totally agree with you it not about how many times but eating nutritious meals even if it just once in 24 hours.I look very healthy and fit even though I eat just once daily because I try to make my meal as nutrient filed as possible and the body respond positively to very healthy meals,so OMAD has no business with being poor.

I don't think OMAD signifies that you're poor. It is a way to maintain a fit body but in a healthier way. Being rich or poor is not based on the food you eat. You might be rich but you're eating too much food causing you to be unhealthy. For me, it is also a way to save money since I don't have to spend so much for food. I hope that everyone could get a chance to be educated about OMAD so that they could also appreciate the importance of it.

Reading through, I get to see how shocked the man that visited your home must have been. There are some people here in my country that always visit the gym daily, but continue to eat as they like because they can afford it. I think letting them know about Omad is what I will do since I visit the same gym for my training during weekends with them too.

This is quite a myth that is present in developing nations where people tend to only survive by the little amount they make each day. They, therefore, have to take a meal which will cater for them throughout the day and only take two or three meals when they can afford to. I think this is why your friend mistook OMAD with you having to fast due to poverty.

The same situation happen to me back then. I've doing OMAD for years now. And becomes a hobby to me already to just eat vegetables and chicken or fruits. So I went to supermarket to buy some vegetables for my salad. I bumped in to my neighbor, a not so old woman who lives in the same floor as me. She saw my cart was full of greens and she said, Why did your parents not providing money for you to buy decent foods? Are you bankcrupt now?" She said that exactly. She knows my parents runs a business. She said decent food. Is nutrious food not a decent food? She got into my nerves but I just ignore her. Some people critisize just my looking into outer without knowing the deeper look of something. Just ignore them. Well, they can say whatever they want. Just do whatever is making you healthier and happier. It's your life not thiers.

@Enyi makes a very good point. There really is a difference to eating once a day in the proper way and just doing it because of lack of options. Even if we eat just once a day we still have to follow certain guidelines to make it work. Someone without the means might be also doing something similar but since they are not eating a balanced meal or are not able to, then they might just end up malnourished. Although, I have heard of some people doing extremely extended fasts where they don't eat at all for a long period of time and because they are extremely overweight they end up just losing the weight but something like that really needs proper supervision from a professional.

@Enyi makes a very good point. There really is a difference to eating once a day in the proper way and just doing it because of lack of options. Even if we eat just once a day we still have to follow certain guidelines to make it work. Someone without the means might be also doing something similar but since they are not eating a balanced meal or are not able to, then they might just end up malnourished. Although, I have heard of some people doing extremely extended fasts where they don't eat at all for a long period of time and because they are extremely overweight they end up just losing the weight but something like that really needs proper supervision from a professional.
The key word is eating once and also staying healthy that's what OMAD seeks to achieve and any one that stays with the guidelines will lose weight healthily. OMAD is not losing weight and looking malnourished but eating and still looking fresh and healthy.Eating a balanced diet during one's eating period will definitely help.

I agree with you and see the point that you are trying to put across my friend. Most of the individuals who eat one meal on each day due to lack of the finances to buy food for three or plus meals have no access to any balanced diet. They merely eat what comes their way. I would also like to draw your attention to the individuals who fast for various causes. such as the Muslims on Ramadhan or Christians when they need some divine power to act over their prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.